Profile for Jane Cooper > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stolen
Stolen

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Stolen (Kindle Edition)
This is not my usual sort of book and I had it waiting to be read for ages, but once started it totally gripped me. Somehow an unbelievable story became believable. An unpredictable plot, good characters and well written. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to any female! I only make that distinction because I think a male reader would be put off by the subject matter before starting, which is a shame because the plot transcends the bias.

In The Thieves' Market
In The Thieves' Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Strangely mesmerising, 28 Mar 2014
There was nothing about this book's characters that I could relate to, but I found it totally absorbing. This is humanity laid bare, nationality, culture, sex or age no longer have meaning. I would recommend it to anyone prepared to open their minds and let the words roll in.

Winter Solstice
Winter Solstice

2.0 out of 5 stars predictable from first to last page, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Winter Solstice (Kindle Edition)
I have not read Rosamunde Pilcher book before but because I enjoyed a dramatised version of the The Shell Seekers and the reviews were so good I thought I would try one. It will certainly be my last. The plot is contrived and predictable, reading it is like painting by numbers! The characters I found totally unsympathetic and mostly unpleasant. There is a snobbish thread which runs all the way through and the repetition is boring. Frankly I found the behaviour of the adults involved with a 14 year old disgraceful in places. There are some very lovely descriptive passages of scenery weather nature etc and because of these only I gave it 2 stars instead of only 1. I would not recommend it to anyone I know.

Building Your Book for Kindle
Building Your Book for Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 5 Nov 2013
Really helpful, information needed clearly explained even to a beginner to formatting.
Everything you need to know right at your fingertips!
Easy to follow and easy to find what you are looking for.
Would recommend it to anyone thinking of publishing via Kindle.

Eleven Days: Carrigan and Miller 2 (Carrigan & Miller)
Eleven Days: Carrigan and Miller 2 (Carrigan & Miller)

5.0 out of 5 stars An intelligent detective story, 21 Sep 2013
At last an intelligent detective story! A good plot with believable characters. Well written, compulsive reading once started. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good book, whether or not they are a fan of crime stories ... This is so much more.

The Facility
The Facility

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dark Tale!, 30 April 2013
This review is from: The Facility (Kindle Edition)
A dark but totally gripping tale. So well written that even when you want to you cannot look away. It may be just fiction but it can change the way you see things and will make you question, if only in your heart, when you feel that you just could be being fed a line by authorities. A dark but brilliant read!

Island of Wings
Island of Wings

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless ... Can not praise it enough!, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Island of Wings (Kindle Edition)
Perfect on every level. The writing itself is beautiful, found myself re-reading passages just for the joy of the words! The plot is all the better for slowly developing allowing a depth to emerge that becomes captivating. The characters, both the main and the peripheral, transform into people you know and want to know more about. On top of these delights is the beauty of nature and the wealth of accurate historical background. A truly delightful read.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci Fi as it should be!, 11 April 2013
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely brilliant, puts the science back into science fiction. To be honest most of it went above my head but somehow that did not stop me being fascinated and totally drawn into the situation and identifying with the characters. A gripping read! I have already recommended it to others who like Sci Fi.

Season of the Witch
Season of the Witch

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Gripping, 29 Mar 2013
I am not a great 'detective' story fan but this is a brilliant read.
The writing never trips up, the plot is complicated but engrossing, holding you to the end. The characters are believable and the different Icelandic background adds zest without ever intruding.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes to read!

The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)
The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 18 Feb 2013
Fascinating glimpse of life in a different time and place. Very readable and believeable.
I did find towards the end the pace was a little too slow for the plot which is why 4 instead of 5 stars, but I would consider reading another book by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3