Profile for panther75 > Reviews

Box of 12 Mini Clip-Top Glass Kilner-style Jars: 100ml
Offered by Indiabazaar
Price: 20.88

5.0 out of 5 stars my close-to-deal spice jar...., 4 Jan 2013
I have been searching for a set of herb and spice jars which weren't pre-labelled, were of a decent size (these are 100ml) for domestic use. These are as good as I think I can get. The jars are the right size for many standard refills (Suma, supermarket own brand for example) and the oval shape means you can get a teaspoon in. They are good quality glass and the tops seem reasonably sturdy all the wire clips inthe 36 jars I bought working fine.

I have printed my own labels (I found Avery code L7651 a good size-accomodate size 16 font which is big enough to be really clear but you can still see jar contents easily, and with 65 labels to an A4 sheet not too tedious to type up your own. This isze label will also fit vertically along the narrower edge of the jar or on the top if wished. You ccan also just run off more if the labels need refreshing.

I love the look of these jars but if you are not a fan of clip tops they may not be for you. The bulk of the clip fastening means the need a little space.

Overall I am totally delighted and have just ordered another 24 to finish "filing" all my spices.

Burns Original Chicken for Adult or Senior Dogs 15 Kg
Burns Original Chicken for Adult or Senior Dogs 15 Kg
Price: 39.90

5.0 out of 5 stars because they are worth it..., 14 Nov 2012
I have fed all my dogs on Burns dried food over 14+ years and although it is not at first glance the cheapest it is excellent value.

Some years ago I looked after a friend's lovely (if fat and dandruffy) black lab for the summer. He was on a budget food and I switched him to Burns-not only did he need less of the Burns so the money left for the cheap food more than lasted the months I had him, but his skin cleared up, he lost weight, rediscovered his bounce and a rumour surfaced in the village that I must have failed to look after him as clearly I was now walking a new (and younger) black lab which must be a replacement...and the reviewer who mention the low residue effect is spot on-no more huge stinky poos to bag up - not the best part of being a dog owner, but much more tolerable with a Burns-fed dog..

I have had a range of dogs including border terrier X, lurcher, akita and tibetan mastiff all thrive on this food, and they have had complements on their glossy coats, healthy weight, good condition into old age.

Really do recommend this food if you are starting out with a new dog, have a dog with poor skin and coat, digestive problems or weight gain, or think your dogs diet needs changing. If it suits them you will probably start to see the benfits after 6-8 weeks