Profile for Mr Brant > Reviews

Content by Mr Brant

Mr Brant (Evesham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
One Touch In Car Holder for Apple Iphone 5 / 4 / 4s / 3G / 3 and Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Blackberry, Nexus
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you'd expect! Brilliant., 5 Sep 2014
Best phone holder I've ever had! I've tried a few ad they're usually wobbly, fall apart or can't hold the phone properly. This one is rock solid, well built and holds the phone firmly in place.

Pro Neoprene Comfort Neck Strap with Canon Logo. Wide fitting for DSLRs and large compact cameras
Offered by Jack the Hat Photographic

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 5 Sep 2014
It's comfortable and spreads the load of your camera well. I'm only giving it 4 stars because the edges of the neoprene aren't well finished and can be a bit scratchy.

HP 14-inch Chromebook with 3G+ Mobile Broadband for 2 Years (Anodized Silver, white cover) - (Intel Celeron 2955U 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 16GB HHD, Google Chrome)

5.0 out of 5 stars The future of computing at a very good price!, 8 Aug 2014
I've been using my Chromebook for about 2 months now and it has completely replaced my android tablet and I'm also using it in preference to my desktop computer for many tasks. I needed something that was more flexible than a tablet, portable, had a keyboard and could do many of the things my desktop can do. This is, without a doubt, the device! I'd never really tried to 'live in the cloud' as you're encouraged to by the ChomeOS but now that I'm doing it I wish I'd done it years ago. This particular device is great - the large screen, light weight and great battery make it a joy to use. You can have multiple user accounts so the whole family can use it (although you might want to keep it all to yourself!) and it looks pretty good too! Gripes - I'd like the keyboard to be lit, I'd like the screen to have touch and the colour of the case makes it VERY difficult to keep your device looking 100%. These are minor things and there are other devices out there that will solve all of these issues if you're willing to pay a little bit more. That brings me on to the final advantage of a chrome book - the price. For less than £300 you get a great machine that can do most of the things you want it to. If you haven't tried this out yet I heartily recommend it!

Belling Oven Cooker Hob Gas Flame Control Knobs (Black, Pack of 2)
Belling Oven Cooker Hob Gas Flame Control Knobs (Black, Pack of 2)
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect match!, 8 Aug 2014
Exact match for the knobs on my cooker and so get a full 5 stars.

Koolertron Canvas DSLR SLR Camera Shoulder Bag Backpack Rucksack Bag With Waterproof Cover And Inner Padding For Sony Canon Nikon Olympus 45cm x 28cm x 21cm (Coffee Green)
Offered by Kldeals

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag with very few flaws., 8 Aug 2014
A great bag! I was looking for something a bit more than just a camera bag as I wanted something I could use on family days out to carry the myriad of things that a family needs as well as something to keep my camera safe. The bag certainly does both of these things admirably and looks great into the bargain. The quality of the materials is excellent and I'm sure this bag will last me many years. The security concerns of others are a little over stated I think and, although they're right to explain that the fastenings are simple poppers, these poppers are quite stiff and couldn't easily be opened without the wearer noticing. The biggest problem with the camera part of the bag is the lack of dividers to properly separate all the bits of camera gear and keep them well protected.

Sony Universal SmartWatch 2 SW2 with Bluetooth One Touch NFC for Smartphones with Android 4.0 - Black Silicone
Offered by London Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars A real dissappointment!, 4 May 2014
Let's start with the good - the watch looks great and the build quality is also top of the range so you should have few worries in that department. Connecting it to my phone (Google Nexus) was a doddle and installing apps is easy. But I just found that in day to day use there were too many compromises to make this a useful addition to my gadget lifestyle.

The problems:
1. Most apps are very low quality and give you very little flexibility. For example, the Gmail app lets you view a mail but nothing else. So if you want to delete a message you hav to get your phone out to do it. I don't mind not being able to reply from the the watch - it's too small to be able to to that, but something as simple as deleting a mail or marking it as Spam shouldn't be too difficult. The app also marks the emails you've looked at as read so when you do eventually get your phone out you have to go through all the messages again to find and delete the ones you don't want. It actually makes using emai more difficult! This isn't a problem with the watch per se but is indicitive of the apps that I tried.
2. The built in alarm function is very unhelpful. You can't disable the alarm, you have to delete it. That means that on a bank holiday you have to go through the whole alarm setup again. Really annoying. A better app that does allow this basic functionality then costs money and that app isn't perfect either.
3. I'm a runner and wanted this partly for live stats that are easy to read when out on a run. Not here! The watch goes into power save mode after about 10 seconds and to get your stats up again you have to press three seperate buttons toget them to appear - not easy while you're running! Features like the time before power save, and what app you want to see when you turn the watch on should be basic configuration options.
4. The range of watch faces is very limited. You can't have one that shows seconds and third party watch faces seem to need the app running on your phone to make them work - I didn't try lots of different ones to be fair, so maybe there's a few that will work more effectively.
5. You can't turn off notifications! So when you go to bed the watch sits there buzzing every time you get an email, tweet or facebook mention. Relly annoying! And if you put the phone in another room so that the watch can't get informed of updates then it buzzes to tell you it can't see the phone. My wife nearly through the watch out of the window!
6. Finally, the way the watch works is through an app on your phone. So some apps can be configured on the watch and others have to be done on the phone. It's not clear which are which and it's really not intuative at all.

If this is as far as wearable devices have got, then I think we've a few years to wait before we get something truly useful. I'm willing to conceed that maybe I needed to try harder to make this work, I gave up after only 4 days. But, surely you should be able to approach ironing out all the niggles afterthis period of time? If you buy one of these watches, please make sure that you know what to expect before you part with your cash.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2014 11:06 AM BST

SoulBuddy Bluetooth Running Headphones : AX610 Microhpone Headset Earphones for iPhone/Samsung/Android Siri Compatible ideal for Gym [Black/Blue]
Offered by Kinobo pro

4.0 out of 5 stars Secure, decent sound and lots of functions., 29 April 2014
I've tried a few different bluetooth headsets and this is by far the best I've tried so far for running with. The headset sits comfortably on my ears and feels very secure. Other sets I've tried need to be nudged back into position as you run along, but not this one! I love the fact that the volume and track can be changed on the ear as well, that means that my phone can stay safely in my armband! The buttons are easy to find (they each have a little raised blob that makes it easy to find them) and are just about the right sensitivity so that you don't accidentally press it while you're looking for it. The price is pretty competitive too - always a good thing!

So why not 5 stars? Two main reasons: 1. The background hiss is quite noticeable when there's no music playing. This is not something I've every really come across with bluetooth headsets before so was quite surprised when I first put them on. However, it's quite easily drowned out by the music so it's not too big an issue for me. But if you like perfect sound quality you might not get on with these. 2. These are on ear phones - i.e. they sit over your ears, not in them like ear buds do - so when it's a bit windy (I'd like to think it's because of the speed I'm running at!) the noise is a little off putting. However, the easy to use volume control does mean that the music can be turned up a little to compete. Again, with ear buds this problem is far less obtrusive. Neither reason would stop me recommending these though!

NEW STYLE UNISEX SILICONE RUBBER JELLY WRIST WATCH WITH DATE FOR BOYS GIRLS GIFT (black)
Offered by uk_fashion_tech

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong for the price!, 29 April 2014
My son is 8 years old and wanted a watch with a date on it. We searched high and low and could only find watches costing over £30 which we decided was just too much to spend - when you consider the beating it's likely to get in the playground and the garden, not mention his clumsy habit of breaking almost everything within days of getting them. So to see a watch for such a low price but with such good reviews we thought that it was worth the risk. I must say that we've been very happy with the watch so far - it keeps good time, is quite robust, the numerals are easy to see and setting it was a breeze. My son is also very happy with it, it really looks the business (like it cost 10 times the price!) and he likes to walk around holding his watch hand out in front of him so that everyone ca see his new piece of kit.

Genuinely happy with the watch, but there's always got to be a niggle hasn't there? The watch strap is a bit too long for small children - even at its smallest setting I can get a couple of fingers between the strap and my sons arm. It's not so loose that it swivels around on his arm but it does rattle around a bit. If your child has very thin arms (my son's arms are quite thin) then this might not be a good choice for them - but for the price you can probably afford to get one just on the off chance!

The Alchemist - 10th Anniversary Edition
The Alchemist - 10th Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this, 8 April 2014
I've had this on my 'to read' list for ages but just never quite got round to it. When I saw this edition on the Kindle I decided to jump in and finally get it ticked off. I was very pleased that I did, it's a very touching story of a very personal journey. Left me wanting to travel again!

eSynic® Car Aux 3.5mm RCA Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver Audio Bridge For Apple iPhone iPod iPad Samsung HTC Smartphone Bluetooth Laptop Tablet PC - Support Your Home Hifi AMP or Car Audio
Offered by eSynic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product!, 8 April 2014
I've been very impressed with this since it arrived. First up, it was already charged so could be used straight away. The instructions are clear and easy to follow and pairing it with your device is very easy - so far I've paired it with my iPod Nano and my phone - Android. The quality of playback is excellent and all the sounds come through very richly - I'm no muso but I can appreciate the quality when it's there! The package also contains a range of charging cables, audio cables and adapters so you should be able to connect this to just about anything that uses a 3.5mm jack. Highly recommended product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6