Profile for thornboosh > Reviews

thornboosh

Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-Ray Player WiFi Ready
Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-Ray Player WiFi Ready

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 5 May 2011
The Blu-Ray player is spot on, does exactly as expected, it plays Blu-Ray and DVD. However, the added temptation of purchasing a Wi-Fi Link adapter absolutely boggles, I have yet to purchase one, but when I do I'm sure I will feel robbed by Samsung. 50 (roughly) barely justifies the features you receive, this adapter should definitely be included with the player itself, perhaps at the extra cost of a tenner.

It does however look very stylish sitting next to a Samsung TV and the Blu-Ray player is well worth the price!

Canon Remote Control RC-06
Canon Remote Control RC-06
Price: 14.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with 600D, 5 May 2011
Clearly this page hasn't been updated but I would just like to point out that this device does work with 600D, no need to thank me all at once guys!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2012 3:02 PM BST

Hoya 58mm UV Filter
Hoya 58mm UV Filter
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 13.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Coming back for more!, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Hoya 58mm UV Filter (Accessory)
Simply bought these to protect my lenses from scratches, and as expected they do the job, they're cheap, reliable and completely necessary!

ASUS WL-500W - Wireless router - 4-port switch - 802.11b/g/n (draft) - desktop
ASUS WL-500W - Wireless router - 4-port switch - 802.11b/g/n (draft) - desktop

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish!, 5 May 2011
If it were possible to give it zero stars I would, literally sent it back within a week. I feel that this type of router is left in the dust and slightly outdated.

GEM Professional Camera Case / Backpack with Waterproof Cover for Canon EOS SLR Models, 1100D, 1000D, 600D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 7D, 5D, 5D Mark II
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute corker!!!, 5 May 2011
I would describe this as the best bag in the world, it even outclasses my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bag from my primary school days! It can literally hold everything, at the moment I have literally everything in it, I have my camera, two lenses, charger, batteries, filters, memory cards, instruction manuals, literally everything! With all that I could easily fit another two, maybe three lenses depending on how I configure the compartments. It is without a doubt a must have accessory, you can even attach your tripod to the bottom of bag, how handy is that?
As a beginner/amateur it does the job nicely and more than met my expectations. However, I do feel slightly camp sometimes when carrying it!

Deluxe Pro 57" Camera Tripod with Tripod Carrying Case For The Canon EOS REBEL T3i (EOS 600D) Digital Camera
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Blooming fantastic!, 5 May 2011
As expected from any tripod it does it's job down to a tee, it's lightweight, easy to set up and keeps the camera the steady. At first with the camera mounted it was a little stiff and capturing a moving subject while recording a video was quite difficult, but with a little use it now runs smoother than a Fiat Panda! The added cloth was also a cheeky bonus!

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom AF Lens for Selected Digital SLR
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom AF Lens for Selected Digital SLR
Offered by Shockbuy srl
Price: 143.00

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, who can complain?, 5 May 2011
Firstly like to start by saying that for price who can complain? I mean really? It's a great lens and you get exactly what's expected from a Canon budget lens. As an amateur/beginner and 'noob' to photography it's easy to take a great pic, I myself have taken some decent images, from planes flying overhead, to urban landscapes and even some shots of wildlife. The same result every time, I'm starting to think that it's hard to take a bad photo! It's just great, and perfect for capturing natural subjects without disturbing them.
I would however, recommend using a tripod when using the lens at the height of it's capabilities, at times you can get a decent shot, but it's in low light conditions where the lens suffers the most without an aid.
Brilliant lens, I highly recommend it!