Profile for SB Shopper > Reviews

Woodluv Round Black Wicker Waste Paper Bin/Basket/Storage With Cloth Lining
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 Dec 2013
Just as described and perfect for my needs, Would have cost more than twice as much if purchased locally. Thank you.

2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love
2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful and inspirational read, 16 Nov 2013
Although the premise of this book is about increasing word count, I think the the real gems within the content are around how to preplan your book (the knowledge) so that you are able to simply go ahead and write. I do this with my writing at work and I don't know why I didn't make the connection that this would work with my creative writing.

A very useful reference guide on what to think through before you start. I'm definitely going to try this approach.

Just Seed Tomato - Red Robin - 10 Seeds - Small Packet
Just Seed Tomato - Red Robin - 10 Seeds - Small Packet

5.0 out of 5 stars Well packaged and the seeds are now growing, 8 Feb 2013
I ordered several different packets of seeds from 'Just Seeds' and they arrived well packaged and very quickly. I popped 6 of the Red Robin seeds in modules in my heated propagator and they all germinated and are now residing in my unheated propagator. I've never grown these before so these are new to me and I'm looking forward to growing them into mature plants for my window sills.

You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever
You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever
by Marisa Peer
Price: 12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work - not only losing weight but feeling good about myself, 8 Feb 2013
After reading all the reviews I downloaded the Kindle version and the audible sound file. I was truly sceptical but was desperate to do something about my weight.

I've done the slimming classes but couldn't stick to the regime. Started reading the book on 26th December and listened to the sound file each night for 3 weeks. My weight has gone down by 12lb since boxing day and this will be my eating pattern for the rest of my life.

This isn't a diet in the conventional sense, it's a change in eating habits and not letting food control your life. I eat just as much as previously, if not more, but now it is the right food for my body. I don't even think of myself as being on a diet. I've dropped a dress size and I feel so much more energetic. The old me is beginning to re-appear. At roughly the cost of one slimming class this has worked for me.

I'm writing this review because it was the Amazon reviews that encouraged me to buy 'You Can Be Thin' in the first place.

Gold Leaf Gents Winter Touch Gardening Gloves
Gold Leaf Gents Winter Touch Gardening Gloves
Offered by speedygames
Price: 14.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry - but simply not robust, 10 Jun 2012
Within 3 months the leather had worn through at the fingertips (and this was with just weekend gardening and digging). The gloves look robust but the leather is very thin on the fingers. These were purchased for my husband who suffers from cold hands. I purchased a pair of ordinary gardening gloves at the same time (3.99) and they are still going strong. I did my research and had high hopes for the Winter touch gloves but I'm sorry to say they are not robust enough.

Thermos Thermocafe Stainless Steel Flask, 0.5l
Thermos Thermocafe Stainless Steel Flask, 0.5l
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed, 30 Mar 2011
My husband moves around several sites during the day. He doesn't have access to coffee making facilities and this flask does the job in providing him with a cup of coffee or two during the working day. You do need to pre-heat the flask, as per the instructions and he uses the pre-heat water to make us both a cup of coffee. Husband is happy with it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars They fit ... a first., 17 Nov 2010
I don't normally provide reviews, although I tend to make buying decisions based on Amazon reviews left by other people. I'm so pleased with these boots I am coming out of hiding :-) I have only had one other pair of boots that I could actually zip up over my wide calves and that was many years ago and they were terrifically expensive. These boots are great for the price and they do fit wider calves. My past experiences of boot-shopping has been of being able to get the zip 3/4's of the way up and then no further. These boots are great. The zip goes far enough down not to be a struggle to get the foot in and the top of the boot is wide enough for my non-skinny calves. In fact they are slightly loose and I could probably wear them with thick leggings. I'm a size 6 but ordered a size 7 thinking I'd need a bigger size and actually they are slightly too big. But it does give me the option of wearing thick socks as the weather gets colder. They are easy to drive in too. So no struggle to change into driving shoes when I get to the car. They are made of man-made material, so I don't expect them to last forever and obviously they don't look like leather. I can forgive them for this a) because for the first time in years I've been able to have a pair of boots for the winter and b) they are so cheap that I'll probably buy a second pair before the winter is out to put away for next year.