Profile for A. Peddar > Reviews

Content by A. Peddar

A. Peddar (UK)

Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was after, 22 Oct 2012
Just what I was after. Hard plastic. Matte black. Smooth. Low profile.

Not the case if you want to be able to throw your phone down a flight of stairs, but is exactly what you need if you want to protect the back from scratches/minor damage. Add a screen protector & I'd say you're sorted.

Bicycle Cycle Bike Mount with Hard Tough Waterproof Case for the Apple iPhone 4 / 4G, Black & White Editions
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK
Price: 27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, works with the help of whittling., 18 Sep 2012
All good features as described in the product description - waterproof (I have used it in HEAVY rain) - everything in my 'waterproof' backpack got soaked, but the phone was ok - a little moisture/condensation underneath the plexi-screen, but nothing too problematic. The phone fits well, I can use my external battery with it, headphone plug in properly etc etc...as I said - all good features.

The first and only issue was the rotational aspect. It's spring loaded, so you can only tighten it a certain amount and sadly it meant the case would rattle around if I was cycling anywhere but a velodrome. There is a fix - unscrew it completely, take out the spring, shave off some of the plastic with a sharp knife (careful) so that the case bracket sits more snug with the bracket attaching to bike. Then screw this fully on and voila. No more rattle, plus I'm not worried about vibrations as the case for the phone is sturdy and padded enough.

I have 'tested' the ruggedness of the case. Before applying my 'fix' one part of the spring mechanism snapped (my fault - I tightened it too much then applied too much force trying to turn the phone back around to the orientation I wanted, after it had rotated while I was cycling). The phone went flying in the case, hit the floor hard and is absolutely fine. So at the very least, the case works...!

I'm happy with it now I've made my modifications. It might work for you as is, but you can get rid of the shake rattle and roll without too much hassle.

3/5 purely because it didn't work the way I wanted it to out of the box.

Cable-Tex Black Velcro Strap 15mm Cable Tie Tidy 2m Lengths
Cable-Tex Black Velcro Strap 15mm Cable Tie Tidy 2m Lengths
Offered by PCArena
Price: 5.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for., 5 Feb 2012
This is really cheap and has no gripping strength - so good if you're after velcro that'll hold any tension DO NOT buy this. I bought it as some cable-tidy stuff. Seems to be working but will be buying a better replacement soon.

PRO 96-LED 96 LED Video Camcorder DV Light W96 For Canon EOS 5D, 7D, 50D, 60D, 550D, 600D, Nikon D7000, D300, D5000, D3000, D3100, Olympus, Panasnic, Pentax, Fuji and Sony DSLR/SLR & Camcorders

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 3 Feb 2012
Pretty decent for the price. Runs off my Sony NPF-970 no problem. Light is reasonable in terms of power & spread - pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Only concern I have is the dimmer switch is a little twitchy. As the light is dimmed the current through the VR wobbles so the light output is a bit inconsistent. Having said that, when you leave the dimmer switch alone, it seems to work fine!

Must also comment on delivery - order on Thursday afternoon, delivered Friday morning with STANDARD delivery. Very impressed with that!