Profile for Mrs. A. J. Philcox > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. J. Philcox

Mrs. A. J. Philcox "AphBengie"

Nokia 112 SIM free Dual SIM mobile phone, Grey
Nokia 112 SIM free Dual SIM mobile phone, Grey
Offered by FONOGRAM

5.0 out of 5 stars Really reliable dual sim phone, 12 May 2014
I wanted a simple reliable dual sim phone and this has done the job perfectly. Seems to have better signal strength than the two Samsungs it has replaced. I have both sims permanently active so my friends or business contacts can call me at any time and it is easy for me to choose which sim to use when calling or texting.

KiwiBird® NEW 5-in-1 OTG Card Reader/ 8 PIN Digital Camera Connection Kit with 130 MM Convenient Cable for Apple iPad 4/5/Air/mini/mini 2 with Retina display | Supports Micro SD(TF)/ SDHC/ MS DUO (SONY)/ MMC/ M2 Card | Supports MPEG-4/H.264 videos and JPEG/RAW pictures - Fully compatible with iOS 7
Offered by KiwiBird Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars KiwiBird 5-in-1 OTG Card Reader, 12 May 2014
Worked straight away with no problems. I put an SD card in and connected it to my iPad mini (Retina) and within a few seconds I saw photos from the SD card appearing on my iPad screen. I touched the photos I wanted to upload, pressed import and it was all done. Really straight forward. Note: After this was done a message did appear on the iPad (as you had warned) stating that iPad didn't support this accessory but this clearly was not true. Excellent product.

RFID Blocking mens Genuine Leather Shielded Credit Debit cards Protective Wallet (Black1)
Offered by KORUMA - ID PROTECTION

5.0 out of 5 stars RFID Wallet, 12 May 2014
Well made wallet. I really like the fact it has 9 separate slots for credit cards. Much better than previous wallets where I had to wedge 3 cards per slot.

Beast Quest: The Complete Book of Beasts
Beast Quest: The Complete Book of Beasts
by Adam Blade

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent list of monsters, 22 Feb 2014
My son has read most of the Beast Quest stories and has really enjoyed the full colour pics and information on the beasts.

Remington F5800 Titanium-X Pivot & Flex Dual Foil Shaver
Remington F5800 Titanium-X Pivot & Flex Dual Foil Shaver
Offered by SENDERCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband's comments below, 29 Jan 2014
I've tried a number of 3 head rotary shavers in the past and they always left parts unshaved. If I haven't shaved for a couple of days and go straight in with the Remington it can pull hairs a bit but I've found that if I make a first light pass then move in more deeply it will shave more fully than any other shaver I've used and does a complete job. One charge lasts for at least 5 * 5 minute shaves. Also, using the shaver perpendicular to the skin is good for longer stubble whilst turning it so the sides of the foil (i.e. razor body is parallel to skin) are in contact with the skin allows for a finer 'finishing' shave. I would recommend this.

Wedo A4 ABS Clipboard - Black
Wedo A4 ABS Clipboard - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars WEDO A$ ABS Clipboard - smaller height very useful, 29 Jan 2014
I'd been looking for a clipboard that could be stored on my bookshelves when not in use. This is a fraction under 32cm whereas most are 34cm or more so fits my shelving. Also works very well as a clipboard.

360 ROTATING FLIP LEATHER CASE COVER FOR THE NEW IPAD MINI (PURPLE)
360 ROTATING FLIP LEATHER CASE COVER FOR THE NEW IPAD MINI (PURPLE)
Offered by powermark

5.0 out of 5 stars 360 Rotating IPAD case (Purple), 25 Jan 2014
Very pleased. Good construction. When swivelled, two slots become available in the cover base allowing IPAD to be easily positioned upright in landscape mode at two angles for viewing. Swivelling further allows it be supported in portrait mode - but only one of the slots provides a stable base. My son is so impressed he wants to replace his older style case for one of these.

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jun 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
We were avid fans of Diablo I and II and have been waiting a decade for III to arrive. There are a number of differences between II and III that I was initially unhappy about but since playing a few characters to ACT III I now approve of them. These differences are: [Difference 1]. In Diablo II, you picked spells and kept applying points to these spells so they grew with your character. Spell choices made couldn't be undone. In Diablo III, different spells become unlocked every level and you can change between any of the spells (using a menu system) you have unlocked. With III you cannot grow a spell by adding more points but it still grows because the damage is calculated based on your character specs (strength, dexterity etc). I like this approach now because if you really like a spell you don't outgrow it in the way that sometimes happened with II. [Difference 2]. You can still drink life potions but there is a cooldown period of 30 seconds between each potion. To help with this - many monsters leave 'life globes' floating in the air after they have been dispatched. Walking through these has the effect of drinking a potion. This change means I was initally getting killed more because I couldn't keep pumping in life-potions over a 2-4 period (as used to be the case with big bosses in II). Now that I'm used to this it means I have to play differently but this is refreshing and means I am not just repeating II with new maps. [Difference 3]. The concept of mana potions has gone. Characters, such as wizard, still have a globe - but this fills automatically (as if you have level 10 warmth). Other characters, such as Demon Hunter and Barbarian, have globes that need to be filled by using one group of spells before they can power another group of spells. This again involves you having to make fun decisions of balancing one group of spells with another. {ONE TOP TIP] In III spells are automatically assigned to either keyboard keys 1-4 or the left-right mouse buttons. If you want to reorganise these or have more spells from one catagory goto OPTIONS--> GamePlay --> tick Elective Mode under Interface

The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness (includes Guided Meditation Practices CD)
by Mark Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jun 2012
Plenty of self-help books make you read chapters and chapters of waffle before providing the same message as other self-help books. This book is different It is written by professionals and helps you to start tackling your problems within the first few chapters. In addition, the free cd with mp3 files containing meditations means you can start listening to them (and putting problems into perspective) from Day 1. The book has depression in its title but I feel it can be used for any emotional state where your mind gets caught in a pattern of thinking that needs changing. This includes anxiety, panic attacks and low self-esteem.

NEW FRESH HOME IONISER IONIC AIR FRESHENER PURIFIER IONISER Air Purifiers & Ionizers

3.0 out of 5 stars Ioniser, 2 Feb 2009
A nice small portable device that does the job. I was interviewing two other people in a small stuffy room so turned this ioniser on and it freshened up the atmosphere.