Profile for JamesTheCat > Reviews

JamesTheCat

The Killing Kind: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 3
The Killing Kind: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, 29 Jan. 2014
I haven't read loads of books so I'm still pretty ignorant, but for what it's worth, this book was so difficult to put down. I loved every page.

Read it, I don't think you'll regret it!

33" Inch 84cm Pro STUDIO Umbrella Professional Photographic Translucent White Soft light Diffuser/ reflector (White)
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected., 27 April 2013
There's not a great deal to say about this. It's a photographic umbrella and it works exactly as you'd expect.

It was a great price, delivered quickly and does the job.

Just don't expect it to protect you from the elements - that would be silly, because that's not what it's for...

Cheers!

Neewer® Wired Remote Shutter Release Control MC-DC2 with LED Indicating for Nikon D600 D610 D7100 D7000 D90 D5000 D5100 D5300 D3100 D3200
Offered by Ultra Sales Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described., 27 April 2013
This doesn't feel particularly strong, but it's only designed as a button and should be fine for it's purpose.

There's not a great deal to say about it. It does the job for my Nikon D3100 rather nicely and is exactly as described and at a very reasonable price. It works, it's cheap and the delivery was quick - why you'd pay more for a different brand with no extra features is beyond me.

Thanks!

13" 13.3" Black Reversible Neoprene Laptop Sleeve Bag Case for Pro/Air
13" 13.3" Black Reversible Neoprene Laptop Sleeve Bag Case for Pro/Air
Offered by Trend Mall

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 27 April 2013
This is fine as a temporary cover until I make a decision on the actual bag I want for it.

Protects against scratches and damage from being rattled around in a rucksack. I wouldn't recommend it if you're after something hard-wearing, but it's fine for me.

Photography Light Stand for professional photo studio photolamps
Photography Light Stand for professional photo studio photolamps
Offered by Invero

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 27 April 2013
Not a huge amount to say about this other than it's exactly as described. Delivered quickly (with Prime).

If I had to say anything bad about it, it'd be that it's a little stiff at first (but that's better than it being too loose), and the packaging was a bit excessive - really though, there's nothing wrong with this at all. It does the job and it's well made and lightweight.

Cheers!

Professional Photo Studio With Free Backdrop!
Professional Photo Studio With Free Backdrop!
Offered by outdoortips

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value For Money!, 12 Oct. 2012
I received it three days after ordering it (a day before I expected it - which is always good!). Set it up this morning and although it doesn't come with instructions on how to put it together, you don't really need them, though I must admit that I couldn't fathom it at first, but as soon as I realised my error, I had it up in no time.

The backdrop is pretty good, and it threads straight on to the cross beam. A slight niggle is that it's creased to high heaven, but nothing that an iron won't fix, and it had to be transported somehow anyway, so not really something that could be avoided.

It's my first studio backdrop, as I'm a complete amateur, but at the price it was, it was hard to not go for it, and I'm not disappointed.

You can put it together and take it apart in a matter of minutes (and I mean less than three!), and it all stores nicely in the case.

If you're after a great value for money studio backdrop, then you can't go wrong with this! The heights are very adjustable, going up to a maximum height of a little over two metres.

Chuffed with this, and I can't see how the other fella managed to bend it at all. He was clearly heavy handed with it.

Overall, bloomin' marvellous!