Profile for Hay Llamas! > Reviews

Content by Hay Llamas!

Hay Llamas! (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
SnowCinda Bracelet Strap Silicone Band Replacement For Fitbit Alta Smart Fitness Watch
Offered by SnowCinda Co., Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM quality and fit. Very good., 25 July 2016
Fits the Fitbit Alta as well as the original strap does, and looks completely OEM when fitted. Really good quality.

[Pink & White, Large] NEW LADIES WOMENS COMFY PLAIN ZIP UP HOODED ONESIE SHORTS JUMPSUIT PLAYSUIT
Offered by fashion police

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour not as expected, but happy with my purchase., 25 July 2016
First things first, I really like this product. It's comfortable, it fits well, and the quality is reasonable.
On the subject of fit, I'm a size 14 and the Large fit me just fine.

The material is a little thin. When worn with a black bra and knickers, you can see them through the material. So in future I will wear white ones.

My only complaint is that the picture makes lit look like this is a deep pink, whereas it is actually a bright orangey neon light pink. I'm not too fussed by this, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Overall, though, I'm happy with the item and also the price, and have just ordered another in Coral.

iLoveSIA Womens Full Bodysuit Body Shaper Shapewear Nude UK Size 14
iLoveSIA Womens Full Bodysuit Body Shaper Shapewear Nude UK Size 14
Offered by Shop It Again Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best body shapers I have owned., 23 Jun. 2016
I've owned a number of items of shaper wear over the years, and this is one of the best I've had.

You pull the bottom half on like a pair of Bridget Jones "mummy pants", up over the tummy, then get into the straps, and then do the sides up round you like a wasitcoat.
The front uses 14 hook fasteners, and then there are a further 3 to do in the crotch area, so it's little bit of a faff but even by the second time I was doing them up in no time. The material has a lot of stretch in it, so it is easy to do the hooks up and still get some very firm shaping.
The bodysuit is such that you wear your own bra with it.

My tummy is currently a little flabby but this gave me a flat tummy immediately. Awesome!

I've worn this all day now and it's been very comfortable and gives a lovely feeling of support, similar to a corset in some ways, but with way more flexibility and "give". You can sit down, bend down, unimpeded which is a big improvement on a corset.

I like it so much I'm thinking of buying another but in a different colour.

One final note to make is that I am a size UK 14 and bought the size 14, and it was exactly the right size.

Wileyfox Swift 4G Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Wileyfox Swift 4G Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, but can use power faster than it can be recharged leading to it draining the battery whilst being charged., 4 Jun. 2016
This is a great budget phone and CyanogenOS is an incremental improvement over stock Android. I especially like the greater granularity over permissions and the active Privacy Guard. It has been so successful that I have even tentatively installed Facebook Messenger because Privacy Guard can keep it on such a short leash.

Another thing I like about the Swift is that it is Dual SIM and also has a separate microSD slot. By contrast, on the more expensive Storm you have to choose if you want the 2nd SIM or the microSD as they share the same slot.

The screen is good, although the colour range isn't the best. The camera is very acceptable for this price point. Overall, it is a great phone as plenty of other reviewers have attested.

On the downside, though, is the battery life. Not only is it pretty poor but also the phone charges very slowly.

When in the car, with it plugged into a 2.1A USB outlet, running Google Navigation (so Bluetooth connection to the car, high resolution GPS enabled, and data enabled) the battery charge will actually slowly FALL as the power drain is greater than the phone's ability to charge itself. During a long journey the charge will fall by approximately 10-15% per hour meaning you could arrive at your destination with a flat phone battery despite having it plugged into power the whole time.

My previous phone, the 2nd Generation Moto G, managed this Use Case without problem and would do all of that, and hold a voice call, and still charge rather than drain the battery.

I raised this with Wileyfox Technical Support and they replied:
"With so many connections, apps and the screen on it surprises me that the battery doesn't go empty faster.
Please note that the Swift has a budget battery since it's a budget phone. Lowering screen brightness should help a lot as well since the screen is the biggest drain on the battery."

So, there you go. Even Wileyfox say their phone a bit rubbish in this respect and that it isn't as good as the previous generation Moto G. Although, it should be noted that the Swift supports 4G data and the Moto G only 3G (which was my sole reason for upgrading).

Even with the Wileyfix Swift's GPS set to low accuracy power saving mode, email sync turned off, and the screen on dim, the battery still drained rather than charged, albeit with the drain being much slower.

These niggles aside, it's a great little phone.

TRENDnet TEG-S24Dg 24-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch
TRENDnet TEG-S24Dg 24-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars A great unmanaged switch at a good price., 4 Jun. 2016
This is an unmanaged Gibabit Ethernet switch, and works exactly as expected. I've not had any problems with it in a year of usage.

I briefly swapped it out for a Netgear managed switch that I bought in a Lightning Deal and had no end of problems with that, and then switched (ha ha) back to the TRENDnet and got a refund on the Netgear. None of those problems resurfaced so it was definitely the Netgear causing problems.

Anyway, I thoroughly recommend this switch.

TRENDnet ETH-11MK Rack Mount for Network Switch
TRENDnet ETH-11MK Rack Mount for Network Switch
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended and a sensible price., 4 Jun. 2016
Not much you can write about these. They fit, they are the correct dimensions, and they allow my TRENDnet TEG-24Dg to be mounted in a 19" rack.

The finish is smooth matt black, in keeping with the unit itself.

The price was very reasonable too. It shocks me how much some manufacturers want to change for what are just two pieces of bent metal, but in this case the price was bang on (£6.54)

Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger ?External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Red)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, light, and crucially 2.1A output., 4 Jun. 2016
This is a great little power bank. Not only is it extremely compact, light and high capacity, but it also outputs a full 2.1A to the device it is charging. This is essential for many modern devices where a standard 1A output will not suffice.
It also has a pleasingly rounded design which means it sits nicely in the hand, and is also not damaging to the pocket or handbag.
As with most Anker power banks, it comes with a little drawstring pouch to keep it in.

Unlike some of Anker's other products which are brushed aluminium, this product is encased in smooth shiny plastic. It doesn't make it feel cheap or anything, although I must confess I do like the premium feel of their aluminium PowerCore+ mini although that one sadly only outputs 1A.

I was sent this product free of charge by Anker because I had expressed disappointment that the Anker PowerCore+ mini, which I had bought, only output 1A. When they read that review, they contacted me and asked if I would accept an Astro E1 by way of recompense. I feel very recompensed, I can tell you!

Anyway. I felt that the least I could do would be to write an equally honest review for this one too, and also praise them for their absolutely outstanding Customer Service.

Official Halo 5 Master Chief Silhouette Men's T-Shirt (M)
Official Halo 5 Master Chief Silhouette Men's T-Shirt (M)
Offered by Vanilla Underground

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and good quality., 4 Jun. 2016
I bought this for £11.99 in a Lightning Deal (usual price £17.66).

As you can see from the product pics, it is Master Chief's visor but on closer inspection it is the mouth of a cave with a Spartan walking into it.
I just thought this was the coolest thing ever - I much prefer subtle designs to ones that splash the name of the film or game all over it.

I bought it mainly as art, as I stopped playing Halo around Halo 3 but still have an immense affection for the character of Master Chief and I don't feel that this t-shirt is specific to Halo 5.

Construction is good, from heavyweight cotton. The design is transfer printed, so has that slightly rubbery texture indicative of the process and also means you will need to take great care of it when washing and drying in order to prevent cracking. I would have preferred if it had been inked into the material.

Overall, though, this is a great t-shirt.

[Upgraded Version]Poweradd Slim2 5000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank with Auto Detect Technology for iPhones, iPods, Samsung Galaxy series Phones (Lightning Cable Not Included) - Rose Red
Offered by Poweradd

4.0 out of 5 stars Larger, heavier, and less aesthetically pleasing than other equivalent products., 4 Jun. 2016
I bought this because the Anker Powercore+ that I had was only able to output 1A and this one by Poweradd outputs 2.1A which is a requirement for many modern smart phones.

This power bank works fine, and the 5000mAh capacity is useful, but it is both bigger, heavier, and less aesthetically pleasing than the Anker. However, it does the job. It's worth noting it's bigger than it looks in the picture.

Subsequently, Anker offered me one of their Astro E1 5200mAh banks that does output 2.1A. and it is smaller, lighter, and more nicely designed than the Poweradd Slim2, so my advice would be to consider one of those in preference to this.

(I'm not affiliated with Anker in any way, I'm just an ordinary customer making a comparative review)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2016 4:30 AM BST

Amdai 20W Electric Glue Gun Hot Melt with Trigger PLUS 50 Glue Sticks for Hobby, Craft, Mini, Metal, Wood, Glass, Card, Fabric, Plastic, & Ceramics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, works well., 4 Jun. 2016
Great value, and the large number of included glue sticks really encourages you to go wild. Hot glueing stuff is my new favourite thing!

Hot glue guns are very simple things, so there isn't a lot to go wrong here. But the quality of construction seems very adequate and nothing has broken on it.

Recommended.