Profile for Ian Hamlett > Reviews

Ian Hamlett "ham"

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars You really can't beat these for the price., 2 Sept. 2015
The rear light is just like any other but the front light is bright enough to give you a tan. Had a similar unit that lasted a couple of years before the battery packed in. The light is still going strong.

BESTEK® CADEN Waterproof Canvas SLR DSLR Digital Camera Shoulder Bag Case Casual Messenger Bag Outdoor Travel Photography Bag with Shockproof Insert & iPad Tablet Magazine Pocket for iPad, Tablets and Other Accessories BTDB10
Offered by BESTEK GLOBAL LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me., 26 Mar. 2015
Carried this every day for six months. All the zips, buckles, straps, handles and stitching are still fine. It's never let any water in.

There are two large compartments inside. I can fit a mirrorless camera in one and two small to medium lenses in the other (in separate pouches so they don't smash each other). I can also fit a book in the main body of the bag and all the filters, batteries, memory cards and chargers I need in the three slim zipped compartments.

The one thing I'd like that it doesn't have is a set of straps to hold a tripod to it.

Overall I'm very impressed. It's pretty rare to find a bag of this size and quality for this price.

Motorola TLKR-T50 2 Way Radio with Charger (Pack of 2)
Motorola TLKR-T50 2 Way Radio with Charger (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Check the price of TLKR-T60, 25 Mar. 2015
Very pleased with these so far. They come in one of those blister packs that you need a mighty sword to open. Charger (with two connections) and rechargeable batteries included but it will also take 4x AAA batteries. The range seems about right at 6km but remember that's in ideal conditions. Put some buildings or trees in the way and the range drops.

Check the price of the TLKR-T60 if you're looking at these. They were only a little more expensive when I bought mine but they have a longer range and come with a charging dock.

ADVENTURE TIME 5-Inch B-Mo Action Figure
ADVENTURE TIME 5-Inch B-Mo Action Figure

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the face, hate the arms., 14 Jan. 2015
My daughter loves this but the arms keep coming off. Within 24 hours of it arriving I was back-tracking through a busy city-centre,scanning the floor for where it might be. If looking down the back of the sofa and under the shelves while visiting the grandparents, with a distraught child hovering over your shoulder, seems like a fun way to spend your time, then this is the toy for you.

Maybe it's more of a figure to adorn a shelf than to actually play with. If that's the case I think it should be able to stand up without blu-tac on its feet.

M42 Lens to SONY E Mount Adapter NEX3 NEX5 NEX7 NEX-3 NEX-5 NEX-7 NEX-VG10 DC108
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it., 24 Dec. 2014
I've been using this to fit a couple of cheap used lenses, a Carton 28mm f2.8 and a Pentacon 50mm f1.4, to a Sony A6000 body. Everything has worked as expected so far. The screw thread is deep enough and I can focus to infinity.

Totally worth it if you want to take pictures in a place where you don't want to take a £200+ lens.

Hoya 40.5mm Circular Polarizing Screw-In Filter
Hoya 40.5mm Circular Polarizing Screw-In Filter
Offered by CameraKing - UK Registered Company. VAT receipt included

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 19 Nov. 2014
This was under £15 for the 40.5mm version when I got it. For that price I don't think you could do better. I'm getting some slight vignetting under 30mm but I knew that going in and I'm happy enough.

Kokuyo Harinacs Japanese Stapleless Stapler Green SLN-MSH108G
Kokuyo Harinacs Japanese Stapleless Stapler Green SLN-MSH108G
Offered by 100WAYS Ship from Japan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me., 30 April 2014
I don't think I'm ever going back to normal staplers unless I really need to hold more than eight sheets together.

I've never held a stapler that felt so well constructed or comfortable. I never need to buy staples and my baby is safe from tiny sharp bits of metal. The little window in the top lets you see how it knits the sheets together. I'm easily impressed.

Nokia 108 1.8" 70.2g Black - mobile phones (4.572 cm (1.800"), 160 x 128 pixels, LCD, MicroSD (TransFlash), 4 MB, 32 GB)
Offered by SWSTelecom

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful backup., 30 April 2014
I've been using this as my emergency phone for a few months but I'm using it as my main phone now. Two sim cards mean I can almost always get a signal.

Battery life is epic when you're used to charging every day. If you switch one of the sim cards off and standby screen off, it will last for just under a month. That drops to about two weeks in dual sim mode or about a week of texting with occasional calls.

It needs a micro SD card if you want play music to take photos and video that look like they're from 2003.

There's a torch in the top that can be switched on my double-tapping up.

Like other people have said, the volume on calls is terribly quiet on default. It can be turned up by pushing up during a call. The maximum volume is what I'd call normal.

Trangia Spirit Burner with Screwcap
Trangia Spirit Burner with Screwcap

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for compatibility, 1 Oct. 2013
There are newer, more efficient, meths burners on the market but this fits more stoves & I have never heard of anybody breaking one.

Zebra Stainless Steel Billy Can 12cm
Zebra Stainless Steel Billy Can 12cm
Offered by The Campfire Cooking Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop searching, 1 Oct. 2013
You've found the perfect billy can. Now you just need to pick a size. Remove the plastic clips before putting it on the fire.

Page: 1 | 2