Profile for Dr. J. M. Dace > Reviews

Content by Dr. J. M. Dace

Dr. J. M. Dace "narrowgatepress.blogspot.com" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Krups Twin Blade Coffee Mill
Krups Twin Blade Coffee Mill
Offered by Bright Sparks Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up and smell the coffee., 3 Jun. 2015
Had it a while now and it still functions extremely well. Why buy ready ground when you can grind your own beans easily?

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Miracle (Black/Silver, Cotton Mix)
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Miracle (Black/Silver, Cotton Mix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to put on, 3 Jun. 2015
She's outgrown it now, but I couldn't have done without it. Enables one to actually do stuff while looking after a baby at the same time. Easy to put on.

Kenwood kMix KMX51 Stand Mixer - Raspberry Red
Kenwood kMix KMX51 Stand Mixer - Raspberry Red
Offered by Domestik Line Service

5.0 out of 5 stars but these are probably just as good., 3 Jun. 2015
Does the job, very reliable, very robust. They always have Magimix on the TV baking shows, but these are probably just as good.

How to Write a Novel Using the Snowflake Method (Advanced Fiction Writing Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful if you want to write a structured story, 3 Jun. 2015
Useful if you want to write a structured story, and some good tips, although in the end I just wrote stuff as it came to me and it sort of fell into place anyway. If you're stuck, read it.

Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes
Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as many as I'd like in the packet, 3 Jun. 2015
Does the job. Not as many as I'd like in the packet.

AKORD® BABY / CHILD SHOWER SHAMPOO BATH CAP ADJUSTABLE SIZE - PINK, BLUE, KIDS HAT (Pink)
Offered by Akord Technologies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars It would probably succeed in keeping shampoo out of my ..., 3 Jun. 2015
It would probably succeed in keeping shampoo out of my two-year-old's eyes if she could be persuaded to wear it on her head. However as far as she is concerned it is her tutu.

blush: the unbelievably absurd diary of a gay beauty junkie
blush: the unbelievably absurd diary of a gay beauty junkie
by Harvey Helms

5.0 out of 5 stars A laugh on every page, 3 Jun. 2015
Oh! I made a mistake and ordered it thinking it was the upcoming sequel which I am reliably informed will be called 'Blur.' He's changed the cover, that's what. But I forgive Harvey because this is so brilliant. Funnier than Oscar Wilde, and you don't have to be gay to appreciate either of them. While I was searching Amazon for the sequel (which isn't available yet) I came across a book called 'When Harvey met Jesse.' I thought, this has to be the best thing ever. Harvey Helms the greatest Queen North Carolina has ever produced meeting his relative Jesse Helms the late notorious Senator opposed to gay rights amongst other civilised values! Sadly that book is about another Harvey. Oh well...

Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered
Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered

4.0 out of 5 stars share and enjoy, 19 April 2014
There is no point in blogging for the sake of it. This book tells you it's ok just to share what you enjoy. But sharing is the key to engaging your audience.
This is a short book but the advice in it is what you're paying for. Recommended for anyone trying to get their work noticed on the internet.

Annabel Scheme
Annabel Scheme

5.0 out of 5 stars science fiction with a quantum twist, 15 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Annabel Scheme (Kindle Edition)
If a computer nerd could write a really good page-turner this would be it. It is it. Looking forward to the next one.

Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - N-Replacement v2

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable returns service, 21 April 2012
After many months of faultless performance my Kindle's battery began to lose charge far too quickly. It would suddenly go from an 80% charge to being unwakeable and required many hours of recharging to use it at all. I tried this and that to no avail. I looked up the returns policy to find that my device was well outside the warranty period.

Even so I rang Amazon to find out if anything could be done.

We'll send you a new one, I was told.

You know it's outside the warranty period?

Yes, that's ok.

The new Kindle arrived within days and I received an email telling me how to return the old one, which was collected from my house at no charge.

I can see the commercial logic of this - I can carry on buying Kindle books. Even so, great service.

One more comment: my wife left her Kindle on an Air France flight, and Air France were singularly unhelpful about trying to get it back. We're not buying another one because we're waiting for the Kindle Fire to become available in the UK. Why isn't it? It's been available in the US for well over six months. What's the game, Amazon?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3