Profile for JP > Reviews

JP (UK)

Breadboy: Teenage Kicks and Tatey Bread, What Paperboy Did Next
Breadboy: Teenage Kicks and Tatey Bread, What Paperboy Did Next

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a wonderful read!, 9 April 2013
The first thing I did when I read the last word of Paper Boy, was check out if there was a sequel! Paper Boy was such an entertaining read and Bread Boy is even better. Tony Macaulay captures life in Belfast in the late 1970s with such accuracy and humour that every page is great read, although it does help if you've grown up in Northern Ireland yourself. It's like a home-coming reading all those wonderful expressions so long forgotten and imagining characters that are so true to life. The book is impossible to put down and a real treat. I just hope there's a third book to come!

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover + Clip-On LED Reading Lamp & Kindle Rear Protector for NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet Kindle Case - Great Value For Money, 31 July 2012
As most people have said, this does exactly what you'd expect....covers your Kindle for a very reasonable cost! Really not worth spending more money on anything else. I agree with the reviewer who said how annnoying it was to be contacted by the company about doing a review 5 months after purchase. They've just prompted me to do the same 6 months after I bought mine (which I also found very annoying!), but as this was such a good purchase I'm happy to recommend it.

5 Star School Scissors 130mm
5 Star School Scissors 130mm
Offered by Office Specialties Online Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for older children, 2 Oct 2011
I bought these sissors for my 12 year old son to bring to school. Unfortunately they barely cut paper! Having said that, they're probably very safe in the hands of younger children! But not much good if you actually want to use them to cut sharp lines. Bit disappointed with them and ended up having to buy a new pair of sissors from a high-street stationary shop.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars compact travel mini backgrammon (wooden case), 25 Jun 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Product looked nice from outside, although seemed to be very old and dusty as if it had been lying around for quite some time. The main problem with it was that instead of counters, you used little pegs. One player's pegs were gold coloured and the other silver, but it was almost impossible to tell the difference between the two. We ended up painting the ends of one set red just so we could see what we were doing!