ARRAY(0x9f9c236c)

Profile for food and travel fiend > Reviews

Content by food and trave...

food and travel fiend (From the Beautiful North of England)

The Little Book of Lunch
The Little Book of Lunch
by Caroline Craig
Price: 11.30

5.0 out of 5 stars makeover your lunch, 22 Jan 2014
I bought this book after reading a review in Grazia magazine. It is great and offers some great ideas for lunch; sandwiches, soups, salad without the usual soggy lettuce leaves, noodle dishes and even some brownie recipes.
I can recommend the parma ham, tomato, mozzarella and pesto sandwich with the spicy root veg soup.
Many jealous looks and general curiosity in the staff room today! Buy it if you love pret sandwiches but can't afford them everyday

Warsaw EveryMan MapGuide (Everyman MapGuides)
Warsaw EveryMan MapGuide (Everyman MapGuides)
by Everyman

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like the Wallpaper series, you will like this!, 28 Oct 2009
If you want a concise guidebook, this is perfect. It is made up of six fold out maps, and under each map is information on the district; the usual museums, restaurants, cafes/tearooms, bars/clubs and shopping. I went to Warsaw to visit friends who live there, and they said the restaurants especially, were not the usual tourist traps that are listed in other guidebooks.
There are a few hotels listed, but this is only brief information. At the back of the book is a list of the streets, handy if you get lost!
Great book, I used it loads, and will do again when I return in December.

Biscuits, Brownies and Biscotti ("Australian Women's Weekly" Home Library)
Biscuits, Brownies and Biscotti ("Australian Women's Weekly" Home Library)
by Susan Tomnay

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect brownies everytime, 3 Nov 2006
I bought this book for a cake bake day at work. Having never baked anything in my life, I was not hopeful, however the peanut butter chocolate brownies turned out perfectly. The recipe was clear and simple, which was a certain advantage to a novice such as myself. Each recipe has a beautiful photograph, and it has encouraged me to try some more!