Profile for James N. Fletcher > Reviews

Content by James N. Fletcher

James N. Fletcher "yarmas3" (Netherlands)

Lovers In The City
Lovers In The City
Price: 7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternally Haunting, 16 Mar 2005
This review is from: Lovers In The City (Audio CD)
This album has been at the top of my very varied CD collection for so long now. I don't know how I stumbled across Tanita Tikarum's music, but I'm pleased I did. Its not a CD to put on after work or for in the car and its not packed with toe-tapping tracks, but this album fills a mood that not many other musicians can. A real haunting, earthy voice that I return to again and again.

Hymns Of The 49th Parallel
Hymns Of The 49th Parallel
Price: 12.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Invincible Winter, 16 Mar 2005
I first discovered KD Lang when I was travelling in Canada for the first time. Back then it was August, so 'Invincible Summer' by one of the best known Canadian singers was a perfect choice. That album is such a warm floating summer album that brings back great memories of Ontario and Quebec. I was very intrigued to hear 'Hymns Of The 49th Parallel', especially on the wrong side of the pond now, but right from the first play, it lifted me back to a cold and magical Canada. A great selection of tunes that fit perfectly together. A real headphones-on album!

Estrella De Mar
Estrella De Mar
Offered by Disco100
Price: 11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Spanish Treasure, 9 July 2003
This review is from: Estrella De Mar (Audio CD)
I heard this CD playing in a shop in Spain when I was on vacation there recently. It sounded so good that I asked the shop assistant who it was and went to buy it straight away. I don't speak Spanish, so I guess I'm missing out on a lot here, but the CD is superb nonetheless. There is so much wonderful music coming out of Spain and South America that we in the English-speaking world miss out on, if we don't look beyond the boybands and Pop Idol spin-offs. Amaral's CD is a lovely journey of varying styles of music. Every track is a winner.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2009 3:31 PM BST