Profile for S. A. Mancell > Reviews

Content by S. A. Mancell

S. A. Mancell (Stoke, England)

IN CAR CHARGER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE 2 BY TERRAPIN CHARGERS
IN CAR CHARGER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE 2 BY TERRAPIN CHARGERS
Offered by Cellapod

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gadget for the price, 12 Mar 2013
Bought this to charge my new new Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 in the car. It seems to require more frequent charging than my old style mobile so it gives me great peace of mind to know I won't run out of battery on a journey. It seems to work fine and I am very pleased with my purchase. Let's hope it stands the test of time....

Sennheiser 502541 OMX 80 Sport II Sport Headphones
Sennheiser 502541 OMX 80 Sport II Sport Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing..., 10 Jun 2010
I bought these headphones to replace a cheaper pair that had a very tinny sound will little bass. I am not disappointed with the the sound on these headphones, it is absolutely fine but I do have a problem keeping the phones in my ears. I think they have been designed for men with larger ears - I am female and have fairly small ears with not much to curl the flexible clips around at the top (the cheaper tinny ones were better in that respect as they were thinner) I use them for aerobics but with any floor work they simply drop out - the solution -a headband to keep them in place, but didn't expect to do that for £27. Great headphones if you're a bloke with big ears....!

Pride And Prejudice [1980]
Pride And Prejudice [1980]
Dvd ~ Desmond Adams
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably amateurish and of its time......, 23 Feb 2010
This review is from: Pride And Prejudice [1980] (DVD)
Being a fan of the more recent BBC production (Colin Firth) and the film (Keira Knightly) I thought it would be interesting to see this 1980s version. And... wow the BBC has come a long way since then. I am no critic but the acting and sreenplay in places is so amateur it is laughable and the way the background images for the credits bounce about is more in the vain of Acorn Antiques! Mr Darcy is totally obnoxious and completely wooden but Mr Collins plays a suitably cringe making part. Buy this if only for the comedy value and then watch Mr Firth in the later version and sigh with relief......!

Philips SHS8000/00 Earhook Headphones
Philips SHS8000/00 Earhook Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing., 5 May 2009
I bought these headphones on the strength of the reviews and although they are very secure when worn I found the sound very tinny and in need of a lot more bass to give the overall sound more depth. Guess I shall have to spend a little more to get some really decent headphones !!

Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed., 14 Mar 2009
Ordered these speakers for my Mini Mac to replace the JBL Duet speakers that have always had a dodgy connection. These seem alot more substantial and have a great sound reproduction for the price. Very satisfied with my purchase.

Give Out But Don't Give Up
Give Out But Don't Give Up
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 4 July 2001
I bought this album after first buying xtrmntr, vanishing point and screamadelica, and its easily as good as any of them. Mixing soul/funk and rock guitar riffs, this album is genius. Standout tracks are rock, funky jam, free and jailbird.