Profile for Jobi1K > Reviews

Jobi1K

Digitech XBW Bass Synth Wah
Digitech XBW Bass Synth Wah

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pedal, 27 Aug 2014
I bought this as I was looking for something to give me a clean octave sound, and various message boards suggested this as an option. I probably will rarely (if ever) use many of the sound options it has as they wouldn't really suit the kind of music I play (indie/rock), but good to know they're there just in case, and I'm very happy with the clean octave sound - exactly what I was looking for. For the price, an excellent purchase.

The Celibate
The Celibate

2.0 out of 5 stars Like wading through treacle, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Celibate (Kindle Edition)
Arditti can clearly write, but I'm afraid for me this just didn't work as a concept. The absence of dialogue plus the length of the chapters made it really, really hard going. The relentless monologue from a fairly irritating character was just too much.

The Outsider: A History of the Goalkeeper
The Outsider: A History of the Goalkeeper

4.0 out of 5 stars Keepers' legacy in safe hands, 5 Feb 2014
As a goalkeeper in my youth, and still a major sympathiser with those last lines of defence, I'm always interested to read anything about them, particularly an analysis so comprehensive about this. The author has clearly done A LOT of research and interviewing in compiling the book, and there are some great stories and pieces of analysis and fascinating theory. The only slight downsides are that occasionally some of the theory can get a bit repetitive - the reasons for coming out and narrowing angles for instance are repeated a number of times it seems - and also there is a tendency in some chapters for a bit of stream of consciousness to take over, with the author going off into other tenuously related stories that would have been better placed elsewhere.

Those points aren't a major annoyance though, and anybody who considers themselves a student of the art of goalkeeping will enjoy this thoroughly.

GOgroove SonaWAVE O2 2.0 USB Powered Computer Speaker Stereo Set with Dual Passive Woofers & Onboard Volume Control - Works with MAC , PC , Laptop , Notebook , Ultrabook , Desktop Computers & More - *NO External Power Adapters Required*
Offered by Accessory Genie

5.0 out of 5 stars Size doesn't always matter!, 5 Feb 2014
I've been looking about for a set of speakers to use with my laptop/music players, and after reading a lot of poor reviews of similar products, I thought I'd give this a go, and I have to say I'm absolutely delighted! They can really knock out a fair old volume, and the bass is a lot richer than I was expecting. The compact size and built-in woofers (i.e. no extra unit to find space for) make them absolutely ideal for desktop/bedroom use. I think you'll really struggle to find anything better at the price, a great find!

Holding On Hopefully
Holding On Hopefully
Offered by Cheap CDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Victory!, 15 May 2004
This review is from: Holding On Hopefully (Audio CD)
I first heard this band when they were called Tommy & The Chauffer, and bought that particular single (on the Boobytrap singles club) just for the stupid name alone! It was ace and I waited eagerly for more releases. It took a while, but after an EP ("Kids Chorus", featured on this album) and a change of name, FINALLY we have 'Holding On Hopefully'! It's the only album I can think of that I've ever pre-ordered before its release date, and I'm so glad I did! The first few tracks are absolutely killer, and the rest keeps you well engaged until the mighty Bill Hicks referencing single "Go Back To Bed America". In terms of sound, possibly if Ride had carried on and collaborated with James Lavelle, this might have been the result!
Just dont put it on in the morning if you need to go out to work! You might find yourself hitting the repeat button and spending the day staring out of the window!