Profile for divatori > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Resistance
The Resistance

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic!, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Resistance (Audio CD)
I have been a Muse fan for years and love all their stuff. Admittedly this album was not quite what I was expecting, as it's a bit different to their usual stuff. However, that being said, I think that's a good thing. This album in itself is a masterpiece, especially the orchestrated exogenesis towards the end. At times it feels quite queen-esque too.
I for one love their new sound!

A Friend Like Henry
A Friend Like Henry
by Nuala Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming story, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Friend Like Henry (Paperback)
I found this to be a really heartwarming story, tracking the story of an autistic boy and his dog. The transformation that Henry (the dog) was able to give the boy was so lovely to read.

Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
by John Grogan

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 4 Aug 2012
I loved this book from the moment I picked it up. I read the book before seeing the film, and as often is the case I would say the book is better. Definitely an emotional story, with many highs but also sad parts too, but on the whole a nice uplifting story. Makes you want your own Marley by the end!

Your Undergraduate Psychology Project: A BPS Guide
Your Undergraduate Psychology Project: A BPS Guide
by Mark Forshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful guide for psychology dissertation, 3 Aug 2012
I bought this book whilst in my second year due to the big panic of the third year dissertation, so I thought I'd get prepared and read up on what I'd be expected to do. I'm so glad I did buy this, as it literally went from the start, so it gave you suggestions on how to actually come up with a research project idea (probably the daunting bit as you have no idea where to start!). It then goes through every stage of the project, giving helpful tips along the way of what to do and what to avoid etc. It then also went through the write up process, again giving helpful tips on things such as how to present your data etc, and what you need to include in your intro and discussion.
I definitely found it a really helpful guide when doing my dissertation, and was easy to dip into, so you can read the bits you need when you need them. Definitely reduces the anxiety around the dissertation too, as well as helping you to avoid common mistakes.

Calvin Klein IN2U Heat Her Eau De Toilette Spray 100 ml
Calvin Klein IN2U Heat Her Eau De Toilette Spray 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Aug 2012
Being a fan of CK perfumes and with CKIN2U being one of my favourites, I was excited to try this new perfume. I ordered it and I certainly wasn't disappointed. It's a lovely summery scent, and I got lots of compliments when wearing it, which is always a great boost! I'd definitely give it a try, especially if-like me- you're a fan of other calvin klein perfumes

Business Psychology and Organisational Behaviour: A Student's Handbook
Business Psychology and Organisational Behaviour: A Student's Handbook
by Eugene McKenna

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative occupational psychology guide, 3 Aug 2012
I bought this textbook for my occupational psychology module in my undergraduate degree. Having not done anything on this area before, I found this book a good place to start off with as it helped to give me a fuller understanding of the work of occupational psychologists. I found the layout really helpful, as well as also being interesting to read.

Health Psychology: Topics in Applied Psychology
Health Psychology: Topics in Applied Psychology
by Charles Abraham

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful textbook, 3 Aug 2012
I bought this textbook for a health psychology module in my final year at uni. I found it to be a nice and clear guide to the area, and found it easy to understand. It helped a lot with my coursework and it was a useful aid when revising all the topics. I would definitely recommend this book if you are studying a health psychology module, or if you are doing a health psychology masters etc. Good introduction to the area.

EMARTBUY BLACKBERRY 8310 CURVE 3 PIN MAINS CHARGER
EMARTBUY BLACKBERRY 8310 CURVE 3 PIN MAINS CHARGER
Offered by emartbuyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 3 Aug 2012
When my original blackberry charger's wire began to come apart I decided it was time to get another one! I bought this one which I thought was a reasonable price. It lights up red when it's plugged into your phone and charging, and then the light turns green when it is fully charged, so it makes it really easy to use. So overall a nice reliable charger that does the trick for a good price

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating read...once you get into it, 3 Aug 2012
I have to admit that when I first started reading this (to see what all the hype was about), I really struggled to get into it and did almost give up with it several times. However, I'm glad that I didn't in the end, as when I got into it (it took several chapters) I couldn't put it down. It was something completely different to what I usually read (I'm usually more of a chick lit fan!), but it was such a captivating read. The main characters have such strong personalities which you grow to love. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, and would just say persevere with it as it is worth it in the end.

Massage for Dummies (Miniature Editions)
Massage for Dummies (Miniature Editions)
by Steve Capellini

3.0 out of 5 stars Mini reference book!, 3 Aug 2012
When I bought this I must admit I didn't realise how mini the book actually would be! It's tiny size wise. However it does mean that it's an easy to flick through guide, with several tips on giving a good massage. I would have probably have preferred to have got a bigger size though, so bare this in mind when ordering.

Page: 1 | 2