Profile for T. Peters > Reviews

Solar
by Ian McEwan
Price: 15.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 14 Sep 2010
This review is from: Solar (Hardcover)
Lovely words from an obviously accomplished writer, but I was left asking 'what was the point?'

KS1 Success Workbook : Maths (Primary Success Workbooks)
KS1 Success Workbook : Maths (Primary Success Workbooks)
by Paul Broadbent
Price: 3.58

4.0 out of 5 stars good consolidation of learning, 26 Aug 2010
A book marked 'maths' is never going to be popular during the summer hols in our house, but this has been useful and has been completed (!) as consolidation of existing learning.

Good tips are given on the pages, though these might need to be pointed out

Cat's Cradle: A Book of String Figures (Klutz)
Cat's Cradle: A Book of String Figures (Klutz)
by Anne Akers Johnson
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but took a while to convince my daughter, 26 Aug 2010
I could only ever do basics of cat's cradle as a kid - now I'm great!

At first my daughter didn't want to know (old-fashioned look of the book?) but eventually she got hooked. Now her friends want the book too.

Some of the explanations are a bit difficult to follow, but with the help of pictures you usually get something

Read at Home: Level 1a: Funny Fish
Read at Home: Level 1a: Funny Fish
by Cynthia Rider
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good early reading book - finding items on the page retains interest, 26 Aug 2010
I like this series of boks, though not too sure why the kids have such strange names - no doubt there's a clever reason!

My 4 yr old enjoys the stories and has a go at the reading herself. She enjoys answering / discussing the set questions in the back.

Items to find on each page also retain her interest.

Basher Science: Astronomy
Basher Science: Astronomy
by Dan Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for 9 yr old - enjoyed by 39 yr old!, 26 Aug 2010
I wish we'd had these books when we were growing up. My daughter uses it for reference and a quick flick tells her what she needs to know. My husband has read it cover to cover and now wants all the others in the series. Definitely recommended!

My Friend Is Sad (Elephant & Piggie Book)
My Friend Is Sad (Elephant & Piggie Book)
by Mo Willems

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures, 26 Aug 2010
Lovely book with nice pictures and a sweet ending - but not for those who have just left nursery and friends behind. Care!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 26 Aug 2010
I'm not really technically minded and I didn't want something that does lots of other things - just a digital recorder that's simple to use and easy to hold etc. I haven't checked out all its features, but for recording my voice as I spoke and easy 'listen back' - this is great. It's also comfortable to hold. I'd recommend it for those not wanting to work out complicated devices!

The Book of Dave
The Book of Dave
by Will Self
Price: 16.27

2.0 out of 5 stars hard work, 11 April 2010
This review is from: The Book of Dave (Hardcover)
I made sure I finished this book as I don't like to be beaten and I hoped it would get easier, perhaps even a little jollier - It didn't!
Will Self has a unique style and it was an unusual book, but overall a real chore to read and not worth it in the end.

Hairspray (2007) Shake & Shimmy Special Edition [DVD]
Hairspray (2007) Shake & Shimmy Special Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Travolta
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The kids didn't enjoy it, 24 Jan 2010
I almost feel sorry about writing this review having read so many good ones, but my kids were bored with this film; they are 4 and 8. It was fine for me, though I can't say it was brilliant. My kids kept asking 'is she going to stop singing now?' and it certainly didn't keep their attention.

Little Princess Inflatable Hopper
Little Princess Inflatable Hopper

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product - not for 5+ yrs though, 29 Dec 2009
Bought this for my daughter who's just turned 4. She loves it and it suits her fine. She's enjoying bouncing and the picture on the front is nice. One word of caution - don't buy it for a child who's much older than that (unless they're small for age) as it won't last long - it's not big.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9