Profile for Wishfulthinking > Reviews

Terry & June - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Scott
Price: 3.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Terry the Great June the Superb, 4 April 2011
I cant really add to the superlative reviews already posted. So I will be brief. I have bought all nine series and I love every one. I recomend them to anyone who enjoys British comedy at its best.They are a lovable couple who love each other. Despite Terry's frequent bungling about that lands him in hot water June is always there to defend protect and sort things out. Please buy the series and if at first its not to your taste watch again. As I think it may be an aquired taste due to the exposure of reality sitcoms we now have forced on us.

Finally if you really dont like Terry and June then I think its a pity and to paraphrase Dr Johnson "I if you are tired of Terry and June then you are tired of life"

Happy watching
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2014 1:11 AM GMT

Don't Drink The Water - The Complete Series [DVD]
Don't Drink The Water - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Lewis
Price: 7.97

3.0 out of 5 stars dont drink the water, 29 Dec 2010
I bought this because of on the buses. Which is a great saucy british comedey at its best. Sadly though even the acting skills of Pattie Coombes, Stephen Lewis and Derick Grithiths (That are considerable) can not make more it than a "if thers not any thing else on watch this" sitcom into anything funny. Ok, its watchable and far better than whats on now such as outnumbered which is facile. However, much better in my opinion is Terry and June. This is very very good, but like all good things requires some thought and perserverence.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2011 11:01 PM BST

Physical Sex [DVD]
Physical Sex [DVD]
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 17.14

1.0 out of 5 stars What a load of rubbish, 29 Dec 2010
This review is from: Physical Sex [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD IS FRANKLY RUBBISH. It is a boring and seemingly endless observation of two rather unatractive women devoid of personality pretending to massage each other over and over and over and over and over again. Honestly you get more"collin" from late night TVPhysical Sex [DVD]

Keep it in the Family - The Complete First Series [DVD]
Keep it in the Family - The Complete First Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Gillespie
Price: 8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it and love it, 29 Dec 2010
I remember this from the good old days. It was brilliant then and it is now. This sitcom was and remains cool. The gentle sillyness of Dudleys self induced situations and the brick bat comedy between his wife, daughters and everyone else would not see air time in todays "lets be real" world. GOOD Comedy is about make believe with just enough reality for it to be plausable. Or to put it another way comedy must be possible if not probable. I cant add anymore to the already superb reviews but I would say Buy it and love it and please Thames release all the other series on DVD this is a winner