Profile for Ms. Beverly J. Tagg > Reviews

Content by Ms. Beverly J....

Ms. Beverly J. Tagg "Dramafugee" (London UK)

Impure Blood (Captain Vernac Novels, #1)
Impure Blood (Captain Vernac Novels, #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Nov. 2013
Captain Vernac is here to stay I hope. Loving the Jazz playing cop. The pace is frenetic with so many plots and sub plots that all come together superbly. A definite page turner.

Babazouk Blues (Captain Vernac Novels, #2)
Babazouk Blues (Captain Vernac Novels, #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intrigue and suspense!, 13 Nov. 2013
Really enjoyed this follow up to Impure Blood. Vernac at his best. Lots of plot twists and turns and numerous threads to keep you turning the pages. Can't wait for the next Vernac novel!

The Help
The Help
by Kathryn Stockett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I chose this as my book club choice and it was a great success. I absolutely loved the book and couldn't put it down. Totally believable characters and beautifully written. BUY THIS BOOK!!

A Perfectly Good Family
A Perfectly Good Family
by Lionel Shriver

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 April 2011
As a massive fan of 'Kevin' I was really disappointed by this self indulgent novel. It tried too hard, the characters didn't feel authentic. This was my choice for our book club and I felt I had to apologise for it. Not one member really enjoyed it. However I have to say that it inspired the most debate of any of our choices to date, not so much about the novel, but about the issues of inheritance that it it raises.

Atonement (Reading Guide Edition)
Atonement (Reading Guide Edition)
by Ian McEwan

1.0 out of 5 stars The only book ever that I gave up on, 14 April 2011
I'm sure it's very worthy, but I just could not get past McEwan's endless, pointless descriptive passages. This is literally the only book that I have started and not finished. Dull, dreary...

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
by Tom Franklin

4.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 14 April 2011
Great storytelling, easy to read, enough twists and turns to keep you turning the pages. We read this as our last book club offering and am looking forward to hearing the verdict of the rest of the group next week!

Their Eyes Were Watching God
Their Eyes Were Watching God
by Zora Neale Hurston

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving, 14 Sept. 2010
Amazing imagery, beautiful language. It moved me to tears on my train into work, embarrassingly!

Thanks for the Memories
Thanks for the Memories
by Cecelia Ahern

3.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy chick lit, 15 Dec. 2009
Bought this by mistake thinking it was something else but read it anyway. Undemanding, predictable and destined for a screen rom com I'm sure, but not really my cup of tea.