Profile for Andrew Mackenzie > Reviews

Andrew Mackenzie (Scotland)

Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black
Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Stylish, 28 Jan. 2012
For the price, I didn't expect too much from this little mouse, but like most of the other reviewers I was pleasantly surprised by both the build quality and sheer high-level performance it offered. I found it perfectly shaped and weighty upon it's arrival so I had no need for the adjustable internal weights but it's nice to have the option. The DPI settings can be switched between several easily pre-programmable profiles through the click of a button.
Although the smoother and more reliable mouse action has been a refreshing and welcome change for myself ( this being the first gaming mouse I've purchased), I didn't really need the top level performance, as I only really play old school RTS games.
The main reason I bought this mouse is because I was sick of cheaper options just dying out after a few months of hard use. I was looking for something a bit more resilient that would last me a long time. This mouse has surpassed my greatest expectations of that. Even after dropping the thing dozens of times ( completely my fault - it's just the way I do things) AND somehow managing to drop my laptop on it's side, with the mouse plugged in, completely smashing the mouse's USB connector into an unrecognisable shape, it still works just as well as it did before without a hitch.

I cannot recommend highly enough.

Spring Guitar Capo Alloy
Spring Guitar Capo Alloy
Offered by MrStar

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly manufactured, 3 July 2010
The capo itself looks sturdy enough and I thought I had made a good choice in ignoring the negative reviews of the product and just going for it, but sadly not.
After using the capo for all of half and hour, part of it's metal spring just snapped, rendering the entire thing useless.

Science Museum Strength Ball
Science Museum Strength Ball

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., 22 Jan. 2009
I'm on my second Strength Ball. The first one was broken by my little brother; I don't know how he did it but but I came home one day to find the thing snapped in half. And the one I have now has a broken LCD screen even though I have no idea what I did to it and there are no visible signs of damage.
The Strength Ball is not as durable as, not as good looking as, of a poorer quality than and cannot go anywhere near as fast as a Powerball. The only reason I never got a Powerball instead was because I was too young at the time to purchase online.