Profile for Graeme Jenkinson > Reviews

Content by Graeme Jenkinson

Graeme Jenkinson "Surrey Brumie" (Surrey, England)

Black 20CM Short Small USB Data Sync Charge Cable - Premium Quality - For All Apple Devices iPhone 3GS 4 4S, iPad 1 2 3
Offered by Inspire retail ltd
Price: 3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 27 April 2014
Didn't connect my Alpine car head unit to my iPod classic. Had to go back to the old cable which is patched up with tape. My search continues. Don't buy this.

Tenn-Outdoors Men's Fingerless Cycling Gloves Mitts - Black, Large
Tenn-Outdoors Men's Fingerless Cycling Gloves Mitts - Black, Large
Offered by Tenn Outdoors
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK gloves - buy bigger size, 2 Jun 2012
I checked prices for a new pair of gloves from my local cycle shop - 24 a pair - so I went for these. The quality is OK, but not as solid as my old shop pair.
My old gloves were medium size but based on advise from other reviews I bought the large. Glad I did as they just fit - a bit tight but they will stretch.
Go for two sizes up and you will be fine.

Samsung LE40F86 - 40''  Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD TV - With Freeview
Samsung LE40F86 - 40'' Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Too advanced for today's TV?, 2 Jun 2008
This stunning TV, beautiful to look at and operate, is simply waiting for service providers to catch up.

My PS3 looks wonderful (both Blu-ray and games) and once having outputted the sound to my Denon 5.1 AV receiver, sounds incredible to. The next step was to add a V+ box to the TV. Unfortunately Virgin HD is broadcast in 1080i and if you set this on the box the picture is excellent but the menu text on screen is blurred. It works fine if set to 720p and the picture is practically the same. I guess this is due to the interlaced HD broadcast from Virgin. Sometime in the future they should move to progressive HD, which all new HD TV's like this one are, and we will then get full 1080p. I can't comment on Sky HD broadcasts as I haven't seen them but according to Wiki, these are also 1080i and can be scaled down to 720p.

Normal rez TV looks better, but there is still some pixilation around moving objects depending on the original source material.

As stated in a previous review, this is a great cinema screen, waiting to become a TV. Get yourself a decent AV receiver and make sure no sound goes into the TV and you will have one hell of a home cinema. Then sit back and wait for the TV guys to get their act together.

I give the TV 5 stars and our TV service providers 3.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning for the price, 20 May 2008
This arrived from Hughes Direct faster that I can blink and has lived up to expectations. The size of the thing surprised me too - it's massive so measure up first. Set-up took a long time and a steep learning curve followed as I am a 5.1, AV, Pro-logic 2 novice.

The manual could do with a re-write to be more user friendly but the sound more than makes up for the effort. I connected my PS3 audio out via a digital optical cable and my PC via 3.5mm to dual RCA jack. The Pro-Logic 2 does a great job of converting stereo signals into 5.1 and Blu-ray/DVD movies are re-discovered through DTS or Dolby Digital. Get yourself some speaker stands and position them correctly for the full effect. Both Sky+ and V+ have audio digital optical outs and this will be the next connection.

All in all this is a fantastic AV system. Far superior to any similarly priced Yamaha or Sony. It looks and, more importantly, sounds amazing and what's more - it's a Denon.

Seventh Tree (Deluxe CD/DVD)
Seventh Tree (Deluxe CD/DVD)
Offered by westworld-
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat Yourself, 7 Mar 2008
If you loved Felt Mountain as much as I did then this is for you. Gone is the more recent electro sleaze replaced by a more considered sculpted sound.
Alison explores her vocal range to the full once again. She soars.
The deluxe CD box is worth the extra, if only for the delightful, hand drawn lyric book by Alison herself. The DVD is just Alison prancing about in shaky cam slow mo while we hear about - well, not much actually. You will play it only once. But never mind, this is essential for all us who need beauty in our lives.

Sony Ericsson DCU-11 USB Cable
Sony Ericsson DCU-11 USB Cable

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with XP SP2 - eventually!, 4 Feb 2005
This cable does work with XP SP2, trust me. It just takes a lot of late night battling to get it to work. After failing to connect initially, I contacted Sony Ericcson's support and they sent me a 'generic' answer which contained extra information not included in their documentation or on their site (nice!) File transfer is slow (not what they claim) but effective.
It is for these reason's that I give it 3. Sony needs to update the info they provide, but I'm happy it's working.