Profile for L. Andersen > Reviews

Content by L. Andersen

L. Andersen "Bluray-lover" (Denmark)

Hall & Oates: Live at the Apollo (1987) VHS
Hall & Oates: Live at the Apollo (1987) VHS
by Daryl Hall
Edition: Unknown Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars please relase this on DVD or bluray!, 19 July 2010
This is my favorit concert whit Hall and Oats and I still belive that this concert is the best they have have ever made. I have seen it on VHS many years ago and I also have the CD of the concert. But of all the things I dream about, this is it the album I want most af all on DVD og even better BLURAY.

I have the latest concert on bluray with Hall and Oats, but it is simpley not as good as this concert is. Live at the Appllo is a concert that makes people happy deep inside the hearts.

If your still running VHS and is a fan...BUY IT!

Or send a letter to Hall and Oats begging them to remaster it and send it out on bluray!

Kissing Strangers
Kissing Strangers

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Phonique album yet!, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Kissing Strangers (Audio CD)
After a month whit this CD in my player 3 to 4 times a week I'm finally ready to declare this Phonique album his best one yet, and quite honestly a masterpice!

I have all his albums and I love them all. But this one is the one to start with if you havent heard any of his albums before. Don't get fooled when your are listing to the samples they have here on amazon! They sound quality of the samples is non so ever fair to the REAL sound of the album. Is is so full of deep bass and great vocals and stereo mixes that it deserves a good setup at home.

So if you are a fan of electronica push BUY right now!

This album has the same quality as one of my other favorits electronica albums that I can here over and over again. Kruder and Dorfmeister: Conversations (the best electronic album of the last century)

This album and the new Booka Shade album is the 2 best CD's so far in 2010.

Babyface: Unplugged - NYC 1997 [DVD]
Babyface: Unplugged - NYC 1997 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Babyface

5.0 out of 5 stars Please come to Blu-ray also - Love it, 19 July 2010
I have owend this concert for many years on CD and it is SO good. The numbers are just fantastic, and I have heard it so so many times before.

But it was not until lately I got in on DVD, since I prefer to buy concerts on blu-ray I have never thougth about buying this before. But I'm so glad that I did anyway, becourse the quality is very nice, and the sound of the concert sounds better that I hoped fore. So nice to hear the concert in 5.1 fore the first time.

NOTE! The video is in the old TV format, but there is black bars on the side of it so it is not that bad at all.

This is one of the concerts I really would like to get on blu-ray one day soon. This concert deserves a remastering DTS-HD makeover. I'm sure that would make manny peoples live som much better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 3:49 PM GMT

The Night I Fell In Love.
The Night I Fell In Love.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Luther album of them all, 19 July 2010
This is simple put the best album ever made by both Luther Vandross and Marcus Miller as a producer.

This is an album I can hear over and over again, and I have owend it ever since it cam out on vinyl in 1990, and now on CD. No other Luther og Marucs Miller album makes me feel as good as this one. If you are a Marcus Miller fan i can recomend David Sandborn live, Straight to the heart, but fans might already have it.

Even that i have others of Luthers albums, non of them ever come close to this one, the ones younger than this is to 80....and the ones later relased it to 90 and to much sugerpop. This album is made perfektly right. Not until I heard Maxwells debut album did I hear an album that was as good as this one soul wise.

Movements - The Tour Edition
Movements - The Tour Edition
Offered by rbmbooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concert on DVD, 8 Jun 2010
If your are the type that like electronica this is an item you must try out! The CD album is quite good, but it is the DVD whit the live concert from the Popplefestival that really strikes out here. It's a real joy to see them play and there is not a booring moment at the concert from beginning to the end. And the fans love them to! The only reason this is not a 5 star item, is that the DVD only has an stereo track. There is no DTS or 5.1 options. And that is really to bad since it such a great concert. Unfortunatly it is hard to find great electronica concerts on DVD and also on bluray. If this concert was ever out on bluray with at DTS-MA 5.1 I would buy it on the spot. No matter the price. I have the concert with Tiesto in Copenhagen - but this Movements concert I see more often than the other, even without the 5.1 option, this is still a better concert - and the sound Q of the 2.0 is quite good.

More!
More!

5.0 out of 5 stars An great album - SURE, 8 Jun 2010
This review is from: More! (Audio CD)
Havning all the other Booka Shade CD's i bought this on amazon and wow does it deliver? Yes it do. It can be hard to tell if you should buy a CD from the samples here on the site. First of all becourse of the low sound quality.
Now listining to the album at home i must say that the boys have done it again. The bass is potent and every number rocks. So all in all the numbers are great and so is the sound. BUY IT! This is top Q electronica at it's best.