Profile for J. Attwood > Reviews

Whiz Freedom
Offered by Service Champions
Price: 7.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Preferred the Shewee, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Whiz Freedom (Misc.)
I was attending a festival and decide that I would invest in some sort of device that would mean I didn't need to sit on grotty toilet seats. I order the Whiz Freedom and the Shewee. The Shewee arrived first so I had a week practising with that before the Whiz Freedom was delivered. I got on really well with the Shewee but found the Whiz Freedom wasn't as good. The material does drain better than that of the Shewee. However, I found the top piece too wide and the overall material too flexible. It just didn't feel as secure as the Shewee. From reading past reviews it does seem that everyone has a favourite and mine was the Shewee.

Shewee Extreme
Shewee Extreme
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors
Price: 11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Shewee Convert!, 23 Aug 2010
I was attending a festival and knowing what state the toilets can be in at these types of event I decided to buy the Shewee (I also bought the Whiz Freedom which I didn't really like as much). I read many of the reviews before buying so when I received my Shewee I had picked up a few handy hints. I decided to practice for a week before going to the festival and bravely decided to go straight to practicing in the toilet rather than practicing in the shower. I got the hang of the Shewee straight away. Two handy tips though - 1) Don't wait until you are desperate for the loo otherwise it can prove difficult to hang on long enough to set up your Shewee - 2) always make sure you have loo roll in your hand before you start. It's hard to do this once you have had your wee and are still hanging on to your Shewee.

I really like the carrying case that the Extreme came in and although I didn't use the extension pipe I would still recommend buying the Extreme for the carrying case alone.

Didgeridoos and Didgeridon'ts: A Brit's Guide to Moving Your Life Down Under
Didgeridoos and Didgeridon'ts: A Brit's Guide to Moving Your Life Down Under
by Vicky Gray
Price: 10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny & Informative, 29 April 2010
I am loving this book! I only bought it because it came up as a recommended purchase when I bought "Living & Working in Australia" and i'm so glad I did.

I love the way that Vicky has added her personal experiences to this book. Her stories are funny as well as being genuinely informative and although the book is much smaller in size to the one referenced above, I think this may become my bible when I move!

Living and Working in Australia: A Survival Handbook
Living and Working in Australia: A Survival Handbook
by David Hampshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, 29 April 2010
My friend bought me the 2007 version of this book so I knew that this update would be just as informative.

This book is a must have for anyone emigrating or thinking of emigrating as it provides many useful reference points/sites/contact as well as general information of how to make the move to Oz easier.