Profile for Richard > Reviews

Content by Richard

Richard (Twickenham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MOFRED®-Micro USB Host Mode On The Go OTG Cable for Nexus 7 / Nexus 7 2 II / Nexus 10 / Samsung Galaxy S / S2 / S3 / S4 / S5 / Samsung N7000 /Archos G9 80 tablet / Archos A70 tablet / NIKON D90 / XOOM / Toshiba TG01 / Nokia N810 / N900 / HTC ONE / Galaxy Note 8.0 Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition / Galaxy Tab 3 -8.0, 10.1 / Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet / Moto G Phone / Tesco HUDL 7" and Android Micro USB 2.0 Data OTG Cable
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

TAMIYA RC 58485 Super Fighter GR DT-02 1:10 Assembly Kit
TAMIYA RC 58485 Super Fighter GR DT-02 1:10 Assembly Kit
Offered by RCECHO from Hong Kong

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 11+ year old, 2 Mar 2014
I built this with my 11 year old son and it has been a great success - he has had a lot of fun playing with it. It's powerful enough to spin the back wheels when accelerating, and the tyres soon wear out, but this is a minor problem as they are easily replaced. If fact, all the parts are available if they break or wear out.
You will need a number of additional parts to complete the car. You will need...
Radio control gear. This is the one we went for. Flysky FS-GT3B
Battery. This is the one we got. 7.2v Tamiya 4600mah
A battery charger for the above battery. We got this one. Radio Control Car Battery Charger
A steering servo, which we got from the local model shop.
Eight AA batteries for the remote control.
All these items bump the price up quite a bit, but please don't let this put you off. With this battery we get about 35 minutes racing time.

Asus Nexus 7 WI-FI + 4G LTE 32GB Qualcomm 32 GB 2048 MB Android 7 -inch LCD
Asus Nexus 7 WI-FI + 4G LTE 32GB Qualcomm 32 GB 2048 MB Android 7 -inch LCD
Offered by GameCyberShop

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the UK version, 2 Mar 2014
I bought this a couple of weeks ago and have been delighted by it. I just wanted to confirm this is the UK version, which comes with a UK power adapter.

Hot Diamonds Spiral Silver And Diamond Earrings
Hot Diamonds Spiral Silver And Diamond Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars Diamonds too small to be noticed, 2 Mar 2014
These earrings are a nice shape and my wife was very pleased with them. My only criticism is that the diamonds are so small as to be hardly noticeable, even in bright light.

Hot Pepper F1 Apache - 10 Seeds
Hot Pepper F1 Apache - 10 Seeds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pot plant for a sunny kitchen windowsill, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hot Pepper F1 Apache - 10 Seeds
I think Apache is the best variety of chilli to grow as an indoor pot plant. If you have never grown a chilli before then I suggest you go for one of these.

The seeds will germinate more reliably if a little warmth is provided. I tend to start them off on a piece of damp tissue put in a small zip-top bag in the airing cupboard, and then as soon as they have germinated put them into 12cm (5") pots. This is about as small a pot as the plant will be happy in and would benefit from a pot a little larger if you have room.

The plants are quite compact and look attractive even before the chillies have formed. They are straight forward to look after but they like plenty of sun.

When the white flowers open I help the pollination by moving pollen from flower to flower with a small brush as there are few insects indoors to do this job and chillies will not form unless pollination occurs.

Once the chillies start forming the plant will be quite hungry and need regular feeding. Tomato feed would do, but I tend to use Growth Technology Chilli Focus 300ml which is very good.

The plant will produce about 20 or 30 chillies a year spread over quite a long period. The chillies are good to use in cooking and are fairly hot.

The plants slow right down and become almost dormant during the winter, but will come back to life to produce more chillies in the spring.

Visitors often comment on the chilli plant, and if you like growing pot plants then you will find one of these really fun.

Spidermite Control
Spidermite Control
Offered by Esoteric

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - an effective solution to spidermites, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Spidermite Control
Before trying this product I had always failed to resolve spidermite problems. Insecticides seemed ineffective.

This SMC takes a different approach and is basically a mixture of different types of oil (coriander and canola) which you dilute with water and spray over the plant.

When mixing, no matter how hard I shook the sprayer bottle, I was unable to get the SMC to mix with the water properly and it just stayed floating on the surface. However, I just did the best I could and shook the mixture frequently during application. I soaked my chilli plant which had the spidermites from every angle by holding it over the bath to spray. After it had dried, the plant was left with a thin oily residue which was not unpleasant and gave the leaves a bit of a shine. A couple of days later I checked the plant with a magnifying glass and was delighted to find all the spidermites dead. I had some of the SMC mixture left in the sprayer and so I gave the plant a second treatment, but I am not sure this was needed.

It is now a fortnight after the initial treatment and there is no sign of the spidermites returning. My guess is that even if some spidermite eggs survived the treatment, then once they hatch they will find the plant uninhabitable due to the oily residue which remains.

This is a very effective product which is completely safe to use on food plants.

SMC Control Spidermite control 100ml concentrate
SMC Control Spidermite control 100ml concentrate
Offered by Highstreethydro

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - an effective solution to spidermites, 6 Dec 2012
Before trying this product I had always failed to resolve spidermite problems. Insecticides seem ineffective.

My Name Is Rose
My Name Is Rose
by Sally Grindley

5.0 out of 5 stars READ THIS BOOK !, 15 Oct 2012
This review is from: My Name Is Rose (Paperback)
[This review was written by my 11 year old daughter]
I read this book and it was absolutely stunning. The way Sally Grindly describes everything is amazing, she has got a super talent. In the book there is a girl called Rose ,who is a gypsy, her family dies and she gets adopted by another family. The book is about her life and how she settles into her new family. The book grips you and draws you in. I suggest anyone who reads this reveiw reads the book. The book is for 9-12 year olds although people older than that would enjoy it too.

Gelert Horizon 6 Person Tent - Calliste Green/Sweet Pea/Charc
Gelert Horizon 6 Person Tent - Calliste Green/Sweet Pea/Charc

1.0 out of 5 stars It leaks and very hard to close door, 27 Sep 2012
I decided to upgrade to this six-man tent after many years of using our old four-man tent and have just returned from a fortnight in France. Although this tent is very spacious compared to our old tent there were a number of problems.

Pros:
Very spacious - great for a family of four.
A matching ground sheet, carpet and porch are available.
Having a door on each side of the tent keeps the tent cool in hot weather.
The sewn-in ground sheet will help to keep the tent warm on cold nights.
The two electric cable entry points will be useful if we decide to get an electric hook-up.
It comes with some useful detachable pockets.

Cons:
IT LEAKS! We must have found at least eight leaks. All minor, but A NEW TENT SHOULD NOT LEAK!
The "brow pole" which gives some shelter above one of the doors pushes apart the two adjacent tent poles so much that it is almost impossible to open or close the zipper on the door due to the tension on it.
The tent instructions are so poor as to be almost no help at all.
The flaps of material which help to prevent water coming through the door zips often get caught in the door when being zipped or unzipped. It is also very easy for the flap to lay the wrong way and so give no rain protection to the zip at all.
The fibreglass poles are poor quality and already we can see the ends starting to split.
The tent has some cheap steel pegs included which we replaced with aluminium.

On returning home I sealed every seam with McNett SeamSure McNett Seam Sure Seam sealing. It took four bottles and about four hours to apply, but hopefully the leaks will be a thing of the past.
I also purchased some spare tent poles so that I am ready when they break, as they surely will.

I spent a lot of time researching the best tent to buy before getting this one, but I feel very disappointed. I will not buy a Gelert tent again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2013 4:23 PM BST

2 x Micro Fibre Travel Sport Towels
2 x Micro Fibre Travel Sport Towels
Offered by DVD's 'n Stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour can run if washed hot, 5 Sep 2012
We took these on a camping trip recently for my two children to use in the wash block. They are good for this and dry very quickly. They are not too heavy when wet and so can be hung on the side of the tent. We made the mistake of putting them in a hot wash the first time they were washed so the colour ran and turned everything blue. We should have known better and I feel this was our mistake rather than a problem with these towels.
They are OK, but don't expect too much at this price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3