Profile for Mobius Trip > Reviews

Content by Mobius Trip

Mobius Trip (Devon, England)

Strontium Dog: v. 1: Search/destroy Agency Files (2000 Ad Strontium Dog 1)
Strontium Dog: v. 1: Search/destroy Agency Files (2000 Ad Strontium Dog 1)
by John Wagner

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Alpha, the Alpha male, 6 Oct. 2007
I saw this book in a shop in town and had to buy it right there and then. I was so deeply submerged in it that I missed my stop on the bus and had to walk two miles back down the road to get home. It was worth it.
The artwork is great, the stories are better. If I happen to be involved in the great war to end all wars, if by some miracle I survive, and by chance become mutated, possibly to the degree where normal people hate me and by coincidence I get offered a job as a bounty hunter, I promise I will never, ever smile.
Johnny Alpha is a mean, cold, heartless killer with heart. He NEVER smiles. His partner, Wulf Sternhammer is a norse maniac with a sledgehammer. And then theres the Gronk, an annoying, whiny, pathetic, fluffy gimp of a creature who just gets in the way. The greatest graphic anti-hero ever thought up.
And y'know what? compared to some 2000ad characters, even the Gronk could fill you with 'dredd'