ARRAY(0x992d0be8)

PSN CARD 15 GBP WALLET TOP UP  [Online Game Code]
PSN CARD 15 GBP WALLET TOP UP [Online Game Code]
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So much easier., 2 Mar 2014
I was apprehensive about purchasing one of these cards as i'd never done it before or bought anything from the PSN store. I have to say it was so quick and easy. I got my code in about 5 minutes, i went to the store and redeemed it and bought what i needed and it's all done. Absolutely brilliant and if i need to buy anything in the future this is how i will do it.

The Last Of Us (PS3)
The Last Of Us (PS3)
Price: 28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Endure and Survive!, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Last Of Us (PS3) (Video Game)
I wrote a review a few weeks ago after finishing this game for the first time, i gave it 4 stars. I dared to add a few complaints in my review such as at times being fed up of the many enemies you come across and i didn't think much of the ending etc. I was clearly an idiot. I even said it was too dark and miserable to replay for a while and it didn't affect me like it did others, well i've replayed it twice now and the characters are ALWAYS on my mind, and on my phone and PC as wallpaper!

Needless to say that review is history, this game deserves nothing less than 5 stars and heaps of gushing praise. While i still agree it is dark and miserable, the surroundings are a mess, the majority of humans have become selfish and have had to harden themselves to the way things are now and most don't think twice before killing for what they can get to stay alive without remorse. And then you have the ones who are infected and are in different stages of that infection. All of these enemies you will face at various parts in the game.

So yes it doesn't sound good does it? But it is because aside from the misery of the situation you have these two characters Joel and Ellie who have to be the best characters ever in the history of video games. Their relationship develops over the course of the game and it's beautiful, it really is. Joel is a gruff Texan who has had his fair share of misery over the years which has hardened him and Ellie is a smart 14 year old girl with quite a gob on her yet she has an innocence too and doesn't realise just how dangerous the world can be. At first she is wary of him and he sees her as basically a nuisance. But gradually as you progress you see them trust in each other more and more. They have little conversations from time to time and you have to watch out for these as you press the triangle to talk to Ellie and these little conversations are lovely and really add to the game. And there is humour too, a lot from Ellie and her joke book which i loved.

There's so many little details and things to collect in this game that even after my 3rd playthrough i've seen things i missed previously whether that be something to collect or a conversation i missed. Exploring every area thoroughly is a must.

There is a good amount of cutscenes in this game, i urge you not to miss a single one as they are absolutely necessary and brilliantly done. You really care about these characters as if they were real people and i found myself rooting for them every step of the way including some people you come across along the way.

The ending i won't reveal of course but after my initial dislike of it, i no longer feel that way and i feel it was a perfect ending (which doesn't need a sequel Naughty Dog!). It really is such a clever thought provoking game that you might not understand on your first playthrough, you probably wont notice it pulling you in and making you addicted i know i didn't hence my original review. And if you aren't in tears at some parts of it then it's a miracle!

I could go on and on about it, i'm sure there are things i've missed in my review but basically what i'm saying is even if you are just considering buying it, stop that and just buy it! It is well worth the money. In summary it's dark it's scary in parts it's humorous in parts, it's eerie it's sad at times it's many different things but overall it's simply fantastic.

L.A. Noire (PS3)
L.A. Noire (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz
Price: 10.48

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 more like, 7 Dec 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: L.A. Noire (PS3) (Video Game)
I wanted to play this game for ages, before i even had a PS3 and as soon as i got one i lent this off my brother. Firstly i'd like to say that even though i rate this 3 stars that doesn't mean i didnt really enjoy it as i did, here's why...

The setting of 1940's LA is fantastic i love this era, i love seeing the 1940's cars on the roads, the people and their attire especially the women characters who all look classy. The streets are so different as to how i imagine them to be now. I played GTA V and i know Los Santos is based on LA and the difference in the two are incredible. I also liked it when people on the street would recognize your character Cole from the newspaper and you would hear them talking about him. I liked that during the Homicide cases they talked about the real life Black Dahlia murder which happened at this time and it was interesting to hear them talk as if you were possibly hunting that killer as the crimes were similar. I liked driving to crime scenes even though driving seemed to take forever sometimes but you could get your partner to drive if you wanted so that's not really a reason to complain.

Reasons i didnt rate it higher are basically these: Questioning people was sometimes difficult, trying to tell whether they were outright lying or not was sometimes a challenge. I didn't enjoy all the cases, the traffic and homicide were good though. Arson and the drug smuggling ones were quite boring. And to be honest i found it hard to keep up with the storyline and Cole's background and who was who from his past. And the ending was... not great and a bit sudden.

But having said all that people with better attention spans probably will do better with the storyline. And i did enjoy the game it just wasn't as perfect as i was hoping but i still recommend it.

Amy & Zach
Amy & Zach
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky Find., 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Amy & Zach (Kindle Edition)
This book was really lovely. Really easy to read, never confusing the way it went back and forth between Amy and Zach. I loved how the author remembered to use different terms for things like being a Brit Amy would say car park and American Zach would say parking lot. Their relationship was really sweet, I think most people are craving relationships like this. Amy could be slightly annoying though, the way she was with her family grated on me slightly. Zach was probably pretty much perfect though, even his big secret wasn't enough to change my thoughts on him. I already kind of guessed that was his secret and to be honest I don't think it was that big of a deal, only the fact he hadn't said anything. But even though I wasn't shocked by his secret and Amy grated on my sometimes I still really enjoyed this book, so much so that I bought this authors other book Izzy's Cold Feet and i'm really looking forward to reading that too. I'm glad to have found this author and I look forward to her future books.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Offered by Super-bargains
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for your kids!, 6 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Everything in this game is everything I hate in real life, criminals, violence, using dogs to make you look hard, objectifying women, speeding like maniacs, drug taking/dealing and the list goes on. Yet I love this game. I bought a PS3 just for this game. I'm not a die hard GTA fan, the only other one I played is Chinatown Wars on DS but I saw a small article about GTA V in the newspaper about 2 week before release and it sounded great so it got my interest tingling. I hadn't heard anything about it previously so I ordered the PS3 bundle with it a couple of days before release and I got it the day before GTA V was released I was super happy. Then I felt bad about those people who had been excited for this game for years and didn't get it on release day like they should have. Hopefully though, everyone has it now and is enjoying it because it is literally a WOW game.

I finished the main storyline 2 days ago and I was sad about that. I still have some Strangers and Freaks missions left to do. The missions are excellently done. I loved how if you failed 3 times you could skip it. And I admit on a couple of occasions I did do this although with most missions I replayed to finish myself but having that option there felt good. There is nothing worse than playing a game and getting stuck because you cant get past a certain part. There is not that danger here. But yes I didn't realise I was nearing the end of the main missions when it happened so I want to restart and savour it more. There are also different choices you can make which is another great reason to replay.

I really enjoyed the 3 main characters in this game. Michael, Franklin and Trevor. I have to say Trevor took some time to grow on me. You don't meet him straight away in the game, it's mostly Michael and Franklin at first and I kind of liked it just been those two so it took some time to get used to Trevor. By the end of the game he had grown on me more but I still liked Michael the most out of the three. But honestly, before playing I read reviews they pretty much all called Trevor a crazed maniac. I thought he cant be that bad but he is. He's beyond anything I could even imagine, I'm actually worried about the mind of the person who came up with the idea if Trevor haha. But Trevor is also funny, any time I laughed at something in the game Trevor was usually the reason why.

The open world was also fantastic. I've always loved games like that and this is the best I've ever seen it done. It actually feels like a real place. The traffic is just right, busy during the day but at night the roads were emptier like in real life. People on the street chatting, a lot of people on their mobile phones like most people nowadays. Go into the hills people hiking, riding bikes etc. You might get eating by some wild animal, I did when playing Michael. I was glad I hadn't spent ages trekking up the mountain as I took the cable car. I hear if you go far out into the ocean you can get eaten by a shark so i'm going to try that next. Driving was also great, it took me time to get used to controlling the cars especially at high speed but only because I was new to the PS3 probably. I haven't seen all the map yet and I can see me replaying again and getting much more enjoyment and exploring even more for ages yet.

Anyway to end this all I will say is if you have young kids DONT let them play my nephew really wanted to but we put our foot down. A lot of parents will allow their kids to play it and they don't understand that a game can just be for adults only. Anyway for the responsible adults out there don't hesitate become one of the lucky ones to own this game.

The Notebook [DVD]
The Notebook [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gena Rowlands
Price: 3.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull as dishwater., 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
I don't have the DVD but I recently caught this film on tv. I recorded it as I had heard great things and I settled down to watch it, sure that I would love it too. No, just no was what I said at the end. Marvelling at myself for actually reaching the end and I only did that because I wanted to see what happened with the old couple.

I found the older couple's story more compelling than the story of their past. Maybe because I was looking at Ryan Gosling and trying to figure out why most women go soppy at the mere mention of his name, I just didn't get the appeal of the bloke. He rarely has any other facial movement than the stiff trying too hard to be sexy face. And the famed rain scene was just meh. And I like romantic films and books so even I was shocked I didn't like this. I gave it two stars because I liked the film when it was showing the old couple. But their younger versions just bored me.

Expected
Expected
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I expected more., 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Expected (Kindle Edition)
I know this book has many great reviews so I reluctantly write this one but this book just wasn't for me. I didn't like the main character Sam, I thought she was whiny and selfish and bordering on nasty with the way she spoke of those around her. Ok Simon was dull and boring but she didn't mind sponging off him when she has nowhere else to go. I actually didn't care about her and even though I had an inkling how it would end, I found myself wanting her to NOT have a happy ending as I disliked her that much, and I've never done that with other leading characters before.

I also really didn't care about the other characters in the book. Usually if you don't like the main character you will find someone else in the story that you do like and that keeps you reading on but I didn't with this book. I only kept reading till the end because I never leave a book unfinished.

I gave it two stars because there were a couple of humorous moments in the book and I can see how it can appeal to some people, just not me unfortunately.

Harvest Moon: The Tale Of Two Towns (Nintendo DS)
Harvest Moon: The Tale Of Two Towns (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Zelldog Games
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame., 28 Aug 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I really want to love this game. I've played Sunshine Island for DS and Animal Parade for the Wii and they are great but this one not so much. The graphics are lovely on this game but the gameplay is tedious. Not the repetitive nature, I don't mind that and if you play games like this you need to get used to that. But just the foraging in the mountains can become annoying after a while. And I really dislike the inventory. Items are stored by how fresh they are and so you can pick up a lot of the same flowers (or other objects) in the mountain and they will take up numerous spaces in your inventory, you can't put them all together and it's really annoying. Depending on where you choose to live (I always choose Bluebell) once you've done the necessary stuff on your farm, you forage in the mountain, end up in the other town talk to a few people, check for requests, go home start again the next day. The prospect of having to go through all the mountain again each day becomes boring. Well you don't have to but once all the farm stuff is done there isn't anything left to do. The nicer thing is if you get pets they get your cattle in for you so you don't have to rush back home for that (once you've trained them of course.

I like how the other characters have flowers next to their names and the higher the friendship the more they bloom, and in the case of bachelors/bachelorettes they change colour, it's really nice.

I'm not keen on the cooking contests, it's ok at first when you have guidance but after that it's harder if you can't find the ingredients. And it's better to compete as the mayors friendship improves better. This game could have been a lot better than it is and it's sad because like I say the graphics are lovely I just don't have the urge to play it and the thought of playing it bores me. And a game shouldn't be like that.

Desperate Housewives - Season 8 [DVD]
Desperate Housewives - Season 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Teri Hatcher
Price: 12.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Sniffle, 16 Aug 2013
I got this as a gift at Christmas but only recently started watching it as I knew it was the last series ever and I was worried it would end disappointingly like Lost or something. Well I needn't have worried, it ended perfectly. This last season is so edgy! It has some really dark moments, with the ladies hiding the huge secret from the end of season 7 and Bree's copper boyfriend on a mission to find the truth you feel that at any moment they could be found out, and you don't know how it's all going to end up until practically the very end, so you are on the edge of your seat for all the season! We have some really funny moments as always, Gabby and Carlos are brilliant this season more so than ever. Lynette and Tom my favourite couple are at loggerheads and I was really rooting for them. There are some really sad moments too, and shockingly sad.

I should take this time to say a big thanks to Kathryn Joosten who portrayed the fantastic Karen McCluskey. What a legend both the Actress and Character were, Kathryn died 20 says after her last scenes in DH and it was so right that she was there to the end, there is a music montage in the last episode and it makes me cry every time I watch it, the music is perfect.

I am sad this show has ended, i'm more sad that we wont get to see more of Renee as she really grew on me and became a favourite even though she was only there for two seasons, she is hilarious at times. I also really liked the new guy Ben the Aussie, I wish we could have more of him too but oh well...

Some things I would have liked for the finale is a mention of Tom's daughter Kayla, we haven't heard anything about her since she moved and I always thought there should have been a mention of her, even if it was just Tom talking to her on the phone or something. Also there is a scene towards the end which I thought Edie should have been in but I know off screen Nicolette Sheridan was in a court battle with Marc Cherry so of course she wouldn't be there, It just felt slightly wrong though that she wasn't.

Anyway it was a great ride but it's over now and I have one request, please don't make the mistake the people at Sex and the City did by making a Desperate Housewives movie, don't do that EVER!

That's all folks as they say.

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL - Limited Edition with Animal Crossing (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by Rush Gaming
Price: 259.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait., 10 Aug 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Long time fans of Animal Crossing will have known about this game way back in 2010 when Nintendo revealed an early view of it at their E3 presentation. Since then they only revealed little snippets of information and people were tearing their hair out wondering when Nintendo were going to release the game, what differences it would have, whether they have listened to us players and the things we didn't like about previous games, mainly the grass wear in CF.

Well here we are 3 years later and yes finally we are playing it. And finally Nintendo used their brains and gave us the limited edition console when they rarely give cool stuff outside of Japan.

I already had a pink 3DS but when I saw this console I had to pre-order it straight away even though I wasn't an XL fan. It is so lovely and protected in my hard plastic case, I love it. I love the simple design but it's still so Animal Crossing.

And the game... Well I never thought I would stop playing Wild World but I have only played that once since getting New Leaf and the change is dramatic. WW will always hold a special place in my heart as the first AC game I played but i'm not missing it as New Leaf is amazing. It has the best of all 3 previous AC games rolled into one with extra New Leaf magic sprinkled on top. Yes sadly there is one disappointment, grass wear is still there. It does wear slower than in CF but it seems to take longer to grow back. But I refuse to complain because everything else is practically perfect and we waited a long time for this game so I don't take it for granted.

So yes you are now the Mayor. I recommend for first time users to google some maps and see what layout you might like. I had a layout for over a month and had collected many lovely things but I ended up restarting as I ended up not liking my town, I was too eager to play at first and settled for less than perfect.

I also recommend getting the island as soon as possible by paying off your second house loan that way you can visit it on a night time and bag some big bugs and fish that earn lots of bells. I am a player that likes to take things slowly, too many people want to rush the game and get everything straight away, I don't play like that otherwise it becomes boring fast and then you've wasted your money. Take it slowww and savour it. I love how it takes time to achieve stuff in this game. The shopping area or Main Street as it's called starts off very bare with only a few shops but after a month or two it's building up nicely with more shops opening, Nooks shop upgrades 5 times the last one is amazing. It's not run by Nook now, but Tommy and Timmy who share shifts so they aren't both there at the same time. Nook now runs Nooks Homes which has ways to update and change the exterior of your house, a brilliant new feature added so you can basically have anything you dream of there al loads of styles for your house. And lots more different, amazing furniture some that you can have customized with your designs by taking it to Re-Tail the recycle shop in your town.

There is so much more to this game than I can explain here, I recommend it to anyone who loved the older games. It's practically the perfect AC game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20