Profile for DMH > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 905

DMH "music lover" (UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
YWS 6 Rolls, Clear Parcel / Packing Tape - Branded Scotch. Roll Size: 48mm(2') X 66m
Offered by Amico Packaging Leicester LTD
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but not very thick tape, 31 Aug 2011
As a budget packing tape these are absolutely fine, but the tape isn't very thick and it tears a little bit too easily because of that. All the same it's good value for a modest outlay.

Audubon Wildflowers Calendar 2012 (Wall Calendar)
Audubon Wildflowers Calendar 2012 (Wall Calendar)
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Audubon's usual very high quality, 23 Aug 2011
This is I think the third or fourth year that I've bought this calendar, for use in the hall by the phone. The pictures are really excellent, very high quality photography, beautifully reproduced. The month-to-view calendar below each month's picture suits me fine too.

Big Easy Read Britain 2012 (Road Atlas)
Big Easy Read Britain 2012 (Road Atlas)
by AA Publishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Very large book, good big print, clear maps, may not last well, 23 Aug 2011
This is certainly a very large book! As described, the print size is also good and very readable for those of us with older eyes. The mapping is very clear, partly due to the scale used. The book however has a traditional glued spine and I fear it will start to fall apart with anything other than occasional use. A spiral bound version would perhaps have been better. Overall though a good buy.

Rachmaninov, Medtner, Prokofiev: Piano Sonatas
Rachmaninov, Medtner, Prokofiev: Piano Sonatas
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite stunning - an artist to watch!, 17 Aug 2011
I bought this CD for two reasons. I'd just heard a live performance of the Rachmininov sonata (coincidentally by a young Lithuanian pianist) and this debut recital came up in my Amazon search. I then read JSM's erudite and insightful review (I always enjoy his reviews). So I bought the CD.

Suffice it to say I listened to the whole CD quite spell-bound. I've listened again to the individual performances on several occasions, and my feelings have been the same. The playing seems to me to combine a high level of virtuosity with a deep feeling for the music. I found the interpretations persuasive and most enjoyable. The recording is excellent - clear, warm and real. Recommended with enthusiasm.

Miracle-Gro 1 kg Slow Release Azalea, Camellia and Rhododendron Plant Food Shaker Jar
Price: 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient, feeds for the whole growing season, 25 July 2011
I use this as a basic feed for my rhododendrons and camellias. We have free-draining sandy soil which doesn't retain nutrients well, so regular feeding is important. I've found the bushes look much healthier and grow more strongly, as well as flowering better, since I started using this as an annual feed in March/April a few years ago. In dry/hot years I supplement these granules with a liquid feed in June/July with the Miracle Gro soluble product. One tip: don't apply these granules too late in the growing season because you'll get tender, leggy growth in the autumn which will succumb to frost and snow.

Kiwi Super Protector Shoe Care
Kiwi Super Protector Shoe Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, effective treatment for shoes, 5 July 2011
Easy to apply (best done in the open air). Doesn't smell as badly as some other "protector" sprays do - a definite plus - and after leaving the shoes to dry for an hour or so outdoors, we didn't really notice any odour when the shoes were back indoors. The "nap" on non-glossy shoes needs to be revived with a brush after the treatment is dry. Will buy this again.

Laguiole Production 434510 Set of 6 Stainless Steel ABS Laguiole Steak Knives  Multi-Coloured
Laguiole Production 434510 Set of 6 Stainless Steel ABS Laguiole Steak Knives Multi-Coloured

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, good sharp steak knives, 5 July 2011
I confess to being sold on the benefit of Laguiole knives. This set is very good value for money and the blades are as good as a more expensive set we bought several years ago. The different coloured handles appealed to me but I guess that's a matter of personal taste.

Snuggledown Oriental Pillow (100% Cotton Cover)
Snuggledown Oriental Pillow (100% Cotton Cover)
Price: 15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, decent neck support, quite comfortable, 5 July 2011
I'm used to a latex pillow at home but bought this "oriental" pillow to take on holiday. It did a good job of providing good support while not being too hard. I found that with use the filling tended to migrate from the centre of the pillow towards the two ends - this meant that each night it was necessary to re-plump the pillow back to "normal" in order to get the best from it. Certainly not as good as my usual latex pillow but nonetheless more than acceptable as a travel pillow for a self-catering holiday.

Addison Ross, Glass Photo Frame, 5x7 , Curved Landscape, 5 x 7 Inches
Addison Ross, Glass Photo Frame, 5x7 , Curved Landscape, 5 x 7 Inches
Price: 7.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking frame, just a little unstable, 30 Jun 2011
These are very nice glass frames at a decent price. They show off good photos very well. My only gripe is that they rely on the curve in the frame to keep them upright, so they're a little unsteady.

Jute leaf sacks pack of 10
Jute leaf sacks pack of 10
Offered by Gardening Delights Ltd
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for composting heavy autumn leaf fall, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Jute leaf sacks pack of 10
These bags are excellent. Fill them with autumn leaves, stash out of sight in the garden for a couple of winters, and you end up with really good rotted leaf compost. This is excellent for mulching rhododendrons, azaleas, or camellias. The sacks rot down with the leaves. Efficient and reasonably priced.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20