Profile for Musketeer > Reviews

Content by Musketeer

Musketeer "Justin McAteer" (Derbyshire)

Page: 1 | 2
The Fall of Paris: The Siege and the Commune 1870-71
The Fall of Paris: The Siege and the Commune 1870-71
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand history including the people, 25 April 2014
Not only a fascinating insight into a much forgotten time in French history but also a glimpse into the Bolshevik coup.

To Lose a Battle: France 1940: France, 1940
To Lose a Battle: France 1940: France, 1940
Price: 5.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid history, 25 April 2014
The least engaging of his three books on Franco-German wars but still an excellent work of history. The Fall of Paris is the best.

Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them
Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them
Price: 2.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 25 April 2014
Surprisingly dull. In fact I'd forgotten it was on my kindle till I got the prompt to review it from Amazon.

The Price of Glory: Verdun 1916 (Penguin History)
The Price of Glory: Verdun 1916 (Penguin History)
Price: 6.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Well balanced, 25 Sep 2013
Part two of his trilogy and the second best for the layman. A good balance between the human and the military detail.

The Anatomy of Stretching
The Anatomy of Stretching
by Brad Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Aug 2013
Really well laid out. Good index of exercises by sport so you can find just the right stretches for you. So good I bought it twice when I mislaid my copy, knowing that I could give it to someone once it turned up.

Bel Ami
Bel Ami
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good yarn. Weak ending., 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bel Ami (Kindle Edition)
This book just peters out. It could have finished before or after to much the same effect. Not his greatest.

Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Price: 20.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
Great when it's working but prone to kicking you off network. Even my deeply technical friend is having problems with it.

Cosmopolis
Cosmopolis
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird but compelling, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Cosmopolis (Kindle Edition)
Delillo was recommended by a friend. Whilst I enjoyed it I can't say I found the last 20% very compelling.

Nobo T-Cards Tab Top 15mm W60x Bottom W48.5x Full H85mm Size 2 Yellow Ref 32938904 [Pack of 100]
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro brilliance, 4 Jun 2013
Old-fashioned though they seem I use these for long-term planning with my team. Away from the distractions of iPhone, laptop, BlackBerry we can focus on the vision and goals.

Nobo T-Card Planning Kit Mini Planner ( T-card Size 2, Number of Panels 3, Number of Slots 16)
Price: 22.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Appeals to kinesthetic people, 3 May 2013
I love the idea, old fashioned though it is to go analogue! I have so much data on so many electronic systems but these allow me to distill it to the bare essentials for strategic, long-term planning and review.

It would have been a 5-star review, had the system arrived with a starter pack of T-Cards. The description is unclear in that regard because it describes them as "kits" and the photo suggests you get a full set so a disappointing start.

Page: 1 | 2