Profile for MayGoodComeToUs > Reviews

Content by MayGoodComeToUs

MayGoodComeToUs (Rome, Lazio, ITALY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The ABC Murders: Complete & Unabridged
The ABC Murders: Complete & Unabridged

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple as ABC?, 21 July 2014
One of Christie's best!!! Hugh Fraser is an excellent reader!!!

Truvia® - Natural Sugar Substitute, 140 Packets/Box - Sold As 1 Box - Natural sweetener.
Offered by PLEXSUPPLY-USA

5.0 out of 5 stars mixes easily, and does not have that bitter, 21 July 2014
Convenient packets, mixes easily, and does not have that bitter, tinny aftertaste that other brands of stevia sometimes do...What more could I ask for?! :)

Murder in Mesopotamia: Complete & Unabridged
Murder in Mesopotamia: Complete & Unabridged

3.0 out of 5 stars and that I did enjoy the story, 21 July 2014
Being that I am an Agatha Christie fan, and that I did enjoy the story, it is perhaps odd that I should only rate this book 3-stars: It is simply because I listened to this book on CD, and the reader was not the best, to put it mildly. Unless the male character had a distinctive accent (and even then, sometimes), they all sounded alike. The female characters were slightly better read, but even they had a sameness to them.So, by all means, enjoy this book, but not by this reader.

Gallows Hill
Gallows Hill
by Rory O'Brien

5.0 out of 5 stars Gallows Hill, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Gallows Hill (Paperback)
Salem, MA...Known throughout the world for the famous Salem Witch Trials. Yet, Salem continues...ordinary people still live there...They still love, and worry about their bills, and groan about their politicians...and keep secrets...As someone who lives in a "tourist town" (Rome, Italy), I was very pleased with how Mr. O'Brien reminds the reader that real people actual LIVE in Salem, and are not just there for the "amusement" of the tourists...His descriptions-though done with a very light touch-of Salem in all of its guises, almost make Salem another character, important to the plot. While I am on the theme of "light touch descriptions", Mr. O'Brien again does this quite well with his characters. Frankly, I do not remember any actual physical description of our two main characters, or even anything but very limited "back story" about them (this is especially true with Ouelette), yet-like the beginning of any friendship-I feel that I like these people, and want to get to know them better. Interestingly, I truly hope that Mr. O'Brien NEVER gets Lennox and Ouelette together romantically. The plot of this book is very well summarized in the blurb above, so I will not bore the reader with a rehash of it. My only "criticism" of this book is that there are a lot of typos. I can only think that the printers did this. I bring this up, only because,it can be distracting for some people, and I don't want it to colour future reviews. Forewarned, is forearmed. I received this book, planning to use it as a reward for getting things done: I thought that I would reward myself with a chapter after a set number of tasks etc...got done. All went well until my first "reward break", when my cup of tea, the cat and I sat in the pleasant chair near the window to enjoy chapter 1...Several hours, the cold dregs of tea, a hungry cat, and a finished book later, I looked up to see twilight coming on, and the majority of my To-Do List still undone. Yes, this book is that compelling. My advice is to buy the book IMMEDIATELY, but not to even OPEN it until you have cleared your calendar, so to speak, and can read it in one sitting with no guilt.

The Mystery of the Blue Train: Complete & Unabridged
The Mystery of the Blue Train: Complete & Unabridged

4.0 out of 5 stars Le Train Bleu..., 4 May 2014
David Suchet is my favorite reader of the Poirot books, but Hugh Fraser comes in an extremely close second!!! The mystery itself is good, as usual with Agatha Christie. All in all, well worth the read or listen!

Evil Under the Sun: Complete & Unabridged
Evil Under the Sun: Complete & Unabridged

4.0 out of 5 stars Evil Under the Sun, audiobook, 11 Sept. 2013
Excellent!!! David Suchet knows how to read a book!!! :):):) He manages the different voices SO WELL, that he is able to make you really believe you are part of the story!!!

Earth Friendly Products Parsley Plus Multi-surface Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 2)
Earth Friendly Products Parsley Plus Multi-surface Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme..., 11 Sept. 2013
Love this!!! I have recently bought the floor cleaner from this company, and will be sure to let you know about that!!! :):):)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars True truvia..., 11 Sept. 2013
Now, to be fair, this product really COULD be better...That is, it takes a whole packet, or more-depending on your taste-to sweeten a cup of espresso coffee...That is my test; espresso coffee ( REAL espresso coffee, since I do live in Rome, Italy...) However, if you have no objection to using up a whole packet, for such a cause, then this is the stevia for you!!! :):):)

Miss Marple Complete Short Stories Gift Set
Miss Marple Complete Short Stories Gift Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Miss Marple Complete Short Stories..., 25 Mar. 2013
This is brilliant!!! The readers are wonderful. The stories are read COMPLETELY, without being cut off, as with other editions. If you want all of the stories, in their entirety, this is the edition to get!!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Truvia, 25 Mar. 2013
Very good product. Sweet enough, and disolves well. The fact that it is in individual packets is also helpful, in that you can take them with you wherever you go.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5