Profile for Poppy > Reviews

The Complete Tightwad Gazette
by Amy Dacyczyn
Price: 14.55

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bible :), 2 July 2013
Although this is an American book it still has plenty to offer the British audience. This book has become my bible both for ideas and inspiration. Another reader suggested borrowing it from the local library but I think this book is good enough to buy as it's one I refer to again and again. Many of the frugal books out there seem to be fairly similar in the advice they give but Amy is certainly different and radical (in a good way!) and newbie's to the frugal movement as well as experienced people I think will get many great ideas from this book :)

The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life: Cruelty-Free Crafts, Recipes, Beauty Secrets, and More
by Melisser Elliott
Price: 10.74

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!!!, 8 Jan 2013
I absolutely love this book! It's fun and inspiring and this is the book that 100% convinced me to go vegan. Unlike other vegan books it doesn't dwell on the animal cruelty side of things that I find upsetting. It has a much more positive outlook which I love on how to live a vegan life :) Every area of life is touched upon from clothes and cosmetics to food and it includes some great recipes. There are also profiles of vegan bloggers and businesses from around the world. I love this book and have read it several times. Thank you Melisser for your great book- bring on the next one!! x x

The Simple Living Guide: A Sourcebook for Less Stressful, More Joyful Living
The Simple Living Guide: A Sourcebook for Less Stressful, More Joyful Living
by Janet Luhrs
Price: 14.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 April 2009
This book is absolutely fantastic and prompted me to write my first Amazon review. Although all the stories are American and not all the ideas are suitable to put into practice in the UK - it is still inspiring and has really motivated me to change my lifestyle.

I had to wait absolutely ages to get this from Amazon- they emailed my to ask me if I still wanted them to try and get it for me!- i did - and i'm so glad i did. It was worth the wait and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to re-evaluate their lifestyle. I wish she did more books on the subject. Such a lovely read.