Profile for Kristine > Reviews

Derbyshire W.I. Recipe Book No.3
by Various
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book from Awesome Ladies, 30 Oct. 2015
Lovely local recipes that take me back to my youth, and make me feel hungry!! Great book as always from the Ladies who are in the know!!

One Hundred Gloucestershire Recipes Old and New
One Hundred Gloucestershire Recipes Old and New
by Gloucestershire Federation of Women's Institutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Womens Institute, 30 Oct. 2015
FAB fab fab...what more can I add?? Just Fabulous.

Successful Baking
Successful Baking
by Marguerite Patten

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 30 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Successful Baking (Hardcover)
Bit of a shock in thinking that this would be a bit boring because of it being an older book, but, I found out I didn't know all that I thought I did about baking. Lots of information and interesting tips along the way. A good book and I am happy I bought it, despite its age, and mine for that matter!! Its good to learn a little bit more about things and just goes to prove you never stop learning, even when it comes to Baking. Well done Margurite...

Mennonite Cookbook: More Than 450 Classic Recipes
Mennonite Cookbook: More Than 450 Classic Recipes
by Altona Women's Institute

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Boook, 30 Oct. 2015
A very interesting book. I was curious as to what the Mennonite were or are. And what is soo different about their recipe's ? Well, I am not going to tell you, you need to buy the book to find out for yourself, its a book I found fascinating and I have to say I am very pleased with the book and what I have learned along the way, and I would say if you are as curious as I was then you have nothing to lose, nothing nasty or weird inthe book, and lovely recipes that are very tempting too.

The Dorset Women's Institute Cookery Book
The Dorset Women's Institute Cookery Book
by Dorset Federation of Women's Institutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Womens Institute Rocks!!, 30 Oct. 2015
WI books are a must in anybody's cookery book collection. Firm favourites, new and unusual sorts of cakes, and hints and tips. Whats not to like?? I personally love the Womens Institute books, and I can indulge my fantasy of being a token member each time I bake their cakes or jams/pickles etc. I have to say I have never had any recipe NOT work, and thats down to following their guidlines for egg size etc and hey presto a good result at the end.And it gives you an idea of other types of local baking from their specific locations around our GB.

Indulgent Cakes (The Australian Women's Weekly)
Indulgent Cakes (The Australian Women's Weekly)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Scrummy Bakes, 30 Oct. 2015
Rich looking opulent scrummy cakes...An absolutely beautiful book, lots of lovey big pictures of the cakes, step by step guidance with pictures on some of the more tricky type cakes, that you WANT to make, but have never tried to do them before. This would make a perfect gift for any baker you know in the family, male or female. It offers soo many different types of cakes to tackle, and the book itself is large and very expensive looking. I would definately recommend this book for a perfect gift, or a personal treat to yourself, at ANY time of the year.

Treats for Teatime
Treats for Teatime
by Cumbria Federation of Women's Institutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 14 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Treats for Teatime (Paperback)
Great little book, full of different recipes, tempting you to try them,which I will do....looking forward to trying them out with family and friends, and I trust their ability to turn out well,as only a Womens Institute recipe can do.....

4 Month Dog Anti Fleas Ticks Mosquitoes Remove Collar Cat Pet Nylon Strap
4 Month Dog Anti Fleas Ticks Mosquitoes Remove Collar Cat Pet Nylon Strap
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

4.0 out of 5 stars first time my boys have had a collar like this, but, 11 July 2015
Think this is ok, by that I mean...first time my boys have had a collar like this, but, I was fed up of my boys scratching despite them having had their usual da it on treatment at their necks...either that, or this is a year of mega flea /ticks etc. The collar does have a rather strong aroma to it, and the boys scratched quite a bit more once they had this on. So after a couple of days I took them off and added a bit of vaseline to the underneath of the collar and put them back on, during the day only, and it sdeems to have worked better for them, PLUS I did my usual flea splurge around the house and did their bedding and my carpets etc etc...best and honest thing I can say is, try it ,but if it seems too harsh on your dog(short haired breeds) then try the vaseline...

Britain's Best Dish - Over 100 delicious dishes from across the nation
Britain's Best Dish - Over 100 delicious dishes from across the nation
by Daniel Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old British Grub, 11 July 2015
good recipes, some of them I recall instantly from the series, and others I dont !!! But its good and easy to follow recipes, cant wait to try them out

Live Concert At The Forum