Profile for P. Duschinsky > Reviews

Content by P. Duschinsky

P. Duschinsky "PeterD" (UK)

Organizational Culture Change: Unleashing your Organization's Potential in Circles of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide to organisational culture change - by someone who has done it!, 5 Nov. 2012
I came across Marcella's book, and the OCAI-online website, relatively recently and wish I had found them earlier. The Cameron-Quinn 'Competing Values Framework' was an interesting tool I had come across while researching for my own book 'The Change Equation', in 2008/9, but I didn't really appreciate how useful it was until reading Marcella's book and working through her online version of the model.

The key to her approach is in the strapline:'Unleashing your Organization's Potential in Circles of 10'. It's this practical, participative aspect which works for me, with its focus on measuring the gap between 'as is' and to be', defining the direction and nature of the changes, then working from the bottom up to put these into a change programme that is owned and understood by the workforce, not imposed from above. I particularly like the emphasis on getting the guys at the top to recognise the need to 'walk the talk' and not just expect others to change.

I recommend the book and will be exploring the video training etc. that is on offer from the website, in the coming months.

Mammoth Boy: A Lad's Epic Journey to Find Mammoths in the Ice Age
Mammoth Boy: A Lad's Epic Journey to Find Mammoths in the Ice Age
by John Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 5 Oct. 2012
John has given us a wonderful coming-of-age children's adventure set in prehistoric times, which I read with real pleasure, despite my advancing years! A boy, Urrell, growing up in a community where survival depends on hunting and where being an orphan means he is an outsider, becomes obsessed with finding the mystical creatures of story-telling around the fire: the mammoths. His quest takes him away from his village and into strange and scary forests and caves, learning about himself as he experiences magical and life-changing adventures, before he fulfils his destiny. Beautifully, vividly written, this will become a classic. Highly recommended for children of all ages.

DIGIHOME DVB915 FREEVIEW Digital Terrestrial Receiver with SCART Lead
DIGIHOME DVB915 FREEVIEW Digital Terrestrial Receiver with SCART Lead

2.0 out of 5 stars DIGIHOME DVB915 is a lousy buy, 22 April 2007
This digibox loses voice sinc every few hours and has to be rebooted to get it back. On a decent aerial signal, it can't get Channel 5 (as well as a few channels I don't care about). Not a good buy - we thought a cheap digibox for our second TV would do - but obviously not.