Profile for Keith Bennett > Reviews

Content by Keith Bennett

Keith Bennett "Wigwiz" (England)

Leather Wallet Case - Lightweight Premium Genuine Italian Leather Case With Lifetime Guarantee for Apple iPhone by VELCONN™ (Noble-Black, iPhone 6 / 6S)
Offered by Velconn

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely case with some nice little innovative features!, 4 Mar. 2016
OK, firstly I was a bit annoyed when I received the wallet as there is a small business card inside which explains how to register for your Lifetime Guarantee cover… it states you must leave a review on Amazon... this I find very annoying! Anyways, on receipt (which was next day on a Sunday!) I really liked the feel of the case, although it is slightly bulkier then I expected, especially for an already large iPhone 6s Plus.... but, the phone fitted perfectly and the protection given by the wallet is good. The holes allow you to talk and hear with the cover closed and works perfectly when the case is closed. The thing I love is the way the leather magnetic tab is slightly inset on the front of the case, so when closed the magnetic flap fits almost flush with the case.... also, when the case is open the tab magnetically fixes to the back on the case so it dosn't stick up or get in the way, which is a really nice touch. I don't want to use the case as a wallet and store cards etc in it ... but there is enough room for two cards (I keep the Starbucks free app store cards in them) if required, but not much space for anything else. The leather has a really nice luxury feel and the plastic insert the phone fixes into is strong and sturdy and doesn’t obstruct any controls, lenses or microphone etc.

So in summary, it looks and feel really nice, it covers and protects the phone really well yet allowing all the functions to be used without issue. The leather has a good luxury feel and the tab which holds it closed has a great little inset that it sits in which reduces the thickness of the case. Its fairly thick but thick in a nice protective luxury way which works for me. The best bit is the way the magnetic tab fixes to the back of the case when the case is open which is a really nice touch! Oh, and finally, having looked at other genuine leather cases on the market this one one looks and feels better and comes in at a great price, about £50 cheaper then the one in the Apple store. Therefore, I would throughly recommend the case for anyone looking for a quality leather product that looks good and protects the phone with some added nice little touches.

PS - I have posted this review because I like the product and wanted to share my views with other potential buyers, not because you have to to to get the Lifetime Guarantee cover!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2016 9:57 AM GMT

Becker Map Pilot Navigation Mercedes - 8GB
Becker Map Pilot Navigation Mercedes - 8GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit at a great price!, 9 Mar. 2013
I would consider myself as an experienced Sat Nav user having owned at least 7 different ones, I am a 57 year old male with a 13 reg C220 estate. The becker arrived next day as agreed and upon opening there is a paper band around the device telling you to connect it to a PC. This I did.

Once connect (PC version only, not Mac) via the supplied cable to my Windows 8 laptop it started to download the required Home software for the device. This took about 3 mins on my i5 laptop via my medium speed wireless. Once download it automatically checks for versions of maps etc on the device and then starts to download them to the device (this took about 20 mins). Once downloaded the system asks you to backup the Becker to your Laptop - this I did and again this took about 15 mins. Once this is done the Becker is good to go and you can view the maps on the device and remove any European countries you may not want on there. As this is the new version of the Becker it has 8Gb of storage onboard and will easily accept all of western Europe to be downloaded - there is also an SD slot on the Becker which I presume you can download further maps (USA for example) on to to save space on the actual device.

The Becker comes with 45 days of free map update and I also noticed when I clicked on the 'Buy' button in the home software that there is an option to download the latest software update for the device... so at this stage I thought I would install both the updated software and the latest map updates (both show as free or €0). So I added both to my basket and checked out. The system then downloads each and installs them... I did one at a time, the software update first and then the latest map update. These both took what seemed an age, probably about 40 mins. Once downloaded I then backed the device up again to ensure everything was up to date.

Once this was done I safely ejected the device (rather then just unplugging it from my laptop) and slotted into the space in my C220's glove box and then turned on the ignition and pressed the Navi button on the radio.

The car immediately connected the device and showed the options on the radio screen to set the device up. Mine showed everything in English but the language for some reason was in Portuguese - just a case of going into the menu and changing to English.

Ive only been using it for 1 day but it is simple you use, put in address and customise to how you want it. The screen is clear and the icons in the Speedo window are easy to read and understand - however, to get these to show you have to select Navi from the multifunction steering wheel - this means you cant have MPG etc showing at the same time but you can flick between them from the steering wheel if you want to.

All Satnavs have their own foibles and show and say odd things like taking you off of motorways and then bringing you back on at the next roundabout etc etc... but all seems OK so far.

So, would I recommend the seller, definitely YES, was the price right, YES (Cheapest I could find on web and £130 cheaper then Dealer) and as for the Becker its self it was easy to install, setup and works well - YES I would recommend it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2015 7:06 PM GMT