Profile for MarthaAnne > Reviews

MarthaAnne

Namaste: I Honor the Light in You
Namaste: I Honor the Light in You

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought, 18 Mar 2014
The Meditation that came with this cd was really a nice surprise but the songs are just ok I'm afraid. I bought this cd on the strength of the great reviews (didn't try to listen to this cd before purchase so my own fault) and that's fine music is such a personal thing but I'm afraid I found many of the songs quite bland.

Salem's Lot
Salem's Lot
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Salem's Lot (Paperback)
I first read Salem's Lot when I was 13 or so and since then (many years ago now!) I'm never without a copy, believe me I've worn out so many editions of this dark tale and it still gives me chills. This, in my humble opinion, is one of King's best and I've read everything he's written at this stage.

You know when people decide to take a day away from the world, put their feet up and just enjoy their own company for awhile (they call it a duvet day if I'm correct) well...I have salem's lot days!!!!
This is a great read, its fun, its scary, and its a great take on a sleepy small town who just didn't see the evil coming!

If you've got a duvet day coming up soon I suggest you get a copy of this book, you'll be pleased as punch you did!

Every Dead Thing (Charlie Parker Thriller)
Every Dead Thing (Charlie Parker Thriller)
by John Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Mar 2014
John Connolly is without a doubt one of the best authors to come out of ireland at the moment. I work in a book shop (west of ireland) and always recommend this series to our customers and they just keep coming back for more. Its a real get your teeth into thriller and Mr Connolly has got a true grip on the written word! beautifully written (almost poetic at times) you've got to get this...believe me you wont regret it. I am on his latest one in the charlie parker series at the mo (the wolf in winter) and it still amazes me how much better this series gets as it progresses! Move over Stephen King!!!!!

Buddhist Chants & Peace Music: MUSIC FOR REFLECTION AND RELAXATION FROM THE FAR EAST

3.0 out of 5 stars elevator music, 18 Mar 2014
I didn't really gel with this music at all, don't get me wrong it would be quite ok as relaxing background music but would I recommend it? NO. If you are looking for beautiful chants that can be used for meditation try Deva Premal and the gyuto monks, it's in a different league!

God bless

Kundalini Yoga: Happy Hormones All-In-One Workout (ALL LEVELS) with Ana Brett and Ravi Singh [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Brett and Ravi Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 18 Mar 2014
well...they've done it again, another great dvd from Ana and Ravi. i started KY some years ago and although it can seem pretty crazy at first it grows on you and...yes changes your life!

Tibetan Mantras for Turbulent Times
Tibetan Mantras for Turbulent Times

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 18 Mar 2014
I don't have anyother cd's by Deva Premal but this one would certainly encourage me to listen to more of her albums. The chants are amazing and great for meditation! Totally recommend this, beautiful!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to make some adjustments, 18 Mar 2014
This is a very good product, I quite like the feel and the design however I did have to cut away the plastic that covered the buttons on the side of the phone! this was a little bit annoying but once done the product is very good and does give great protection to the phone. Would recommend

Yoga Divine [DVD]
Yoga Divine [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anne Marie Newland

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Yoga Divine [DVD] (DVD)
I have never set a review on amazon even though I have a lot of yoga dvds but I had to comment on this one. I've been practising yoga for some years but I still consider myself as a beginner in many ways. The only thing to be said about this dvd is that it is perfect!! I highly recommend it for its simplicity in production and brilliant yoga teacher! it really feels like your in a one to one class. This dvd could stand as a lesson to many other dvds out there as it focuses on the yoga not the set and the fact that the asanas are also shown in modified form is great, the dvd will also facilitate the advanced yoga practitioner or the beginner. Exceptional!!!!