Profile for Ms. S. M. Plues > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. M. Plues

Ms. S. M. Plues "Sara" (UK)

The Easy Yoga Workbook
The Easy Yoga Workbook
by Tara Fraser

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be better spiral not paper back., 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Easy Yoga Workbook (Paperback)
This book gave me a really good starting point for yoga & is very easy to understand, follow & apply to yourself at home e.g. Finding applicable adjustments to pose problems. The only reason I gave it 4* not 5 is because the older edition is spiral bound & opens flat on the floor when using it.

The Power Book: A 7-Step Life Makeover
The Power Book: A 7-Step Life Makeover
by Dawn Breslin

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not for me in particular!, 30 Jan. 2013
There's nothing wrong with this book, but it was not very easy to find things & refer back to stuff, or inspire me to finish reading it.

Dogs Have Souls Too: The Spirit of Miss Sarah
Dogs Have Souls Too: The Spirit of Miss Sarah
by George Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story., 30 Jan. 2013
Very encouraging & of comfort to me when any of our pets have died, we have a lot. Only a small book & short story, but I'll treasure it always.

Puma Sprint Technical Coolmax Sneaker Sock 2 Pk - Black, EU 039-042
Puma Sprint Technical Coolmax Sneaker Sock 2 Pk - Black, EU 039-042

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for stopping trainers rubbing!, 30 Jan. 2013
Thankfully these came back in stock, they are nicely padded & don't fall down at the heels when wearing & they are v.soft & wash well.

Aigle Unisex Parcours ISO Wellies
Aigle Unisex Parcours ISO Wellies
Price: £122.29 - £161.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant boots!! (I bought the brown ones, not bronze ones in picture), 25 Jan. 2013
After almost putting some Hunters in the basket, having bought my last pair in 1980 something, expecting them to still be the same quality & up to the same endurance of country estate real working life - dad a gamekeeper & we had a lot of dogs, woodland, moors & walking to do, they didn't wear out or ever leak! I kept seeing bad reviews about Hunters & discovered what they have turned into since being bought out in 2006. Made in China, poor quality, fashion item & v.poor customer service.
I spent a whole day & evening looking into other brands that were mentioned in reviews on here & this brand in particular, I feel so grateful to everyone writing the reviews, as I was able to make an educated & very successful purchase, without even needing to try them on & see them first.
Size wise, the sizes are same as in Italy, where a UK 6 isn't a 39, I'm a size 6 so ordered a 6.5 UK/40 to be on the safe side & there's plenty room for thick socks & tucking jeans or trousers in & for calves. A size smaller wouldn't have had room quite.
Well worth every penny & the extra cost. They feel more like knee high boots, with walking boot feet & thick, sturdy welly legs. Smart enough to wear instead of normal boots too. Very comfortable to wear.
I'm 5 ft 1" and they don't come quite up to my knee & won't rub or dig in back of my knee when I sit down. They are v.solid, sturdy & v.well made, but not heavy. There's an inner heel grip which stops them falling when you walk. The lining is v.warm & cosy in snow & icy weather. The dual density soles are worth the extra cost from ones without. Buy with confidence! This pair having been so pleased with, saving up to get some summer weight, non insulated ones next.

The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind (revised): One Of The Most Powerful Self-help Guides Ever Written!
by Joseph Murphy/ Revised By Ian McMahan

5.0 out of 5 stars v.interesting & v.worthwhile read., 15 Mar. 2009
I found the other reviews v.helpful deciding to get this book, what everyone else has said is completely right & I'm really glad I bought it, having read other hypnotherapy, law of attraction, cosmic ordeing type of books, this one helped me see how my mind works from a new angle & increased my understanding about how to communicate & work with my sub-conscious & how it operates.
I hadn't heard of the author before, but was impressed enough with this book to want to read other titles of his in the near future.

Wisdom Of Avalon Oracle Cards
Wisdom Of Avalon Oracle Cards
by Colette Baron-Reid
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant cards, 22 Feb. 2008
These cards arrived today & I'm extremely pleased with them, readings got done immediately & this review straight after, to let other people know who are considering buying them, that they are v.accurate, wonderful graphics/pictures, straightforward to use & understand.
I found them by chance on Amazon & so glad I bought them.
Many thanks to the author for creating them.

You Are What You Eat: This Plan Will Change Your Life
You Are What You Eat: This Plan Will Change Your Life
by Gillian McKeith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money edition of the more expensive glossy paper one, 16 Feb. 2008
I am very pleased with this book, it's the same, if not got slightly more info in than the other green, glossy 'you are what you eat' book, by a different publisher. I've also found it quicker to use as a reference & find the info I'm looking for.
It's worth reading the reviews for the other edition, to give you more of an idea, I wasn't sure it was the same book until it arrived, but prefer this one to the other edition.

The Diet Doctors Inside and Out: The 12-week Plan to Make You Slim for Life
The Diet Doctors Inside and Out: The 12-week Plan to Make You Slim for Life
by Dr Samina Showghi

5.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful, practical & inspiring book., 16 Feb. 2008
I have been very pleased with this book, it's nice & easy to read, adapt to your needs, with a lots of concise clear guidelines & realistic to fit into your life. Having things like the flexibilty exercises, self assessments, health issues, exercise & nutrition guidelines really helped me get started back to better health in a positive & constructive way.
With how the books' laid out, I was able to get started within the hour of receiving it, without too much info to read through first.