Profile for Gruesome Gurtie > Reviews

Dr Martens Womens Aimilie Metallic Boots 15659651 Pewter 7 UK, 41 EU
Offered by Urban Legendz
Price: 109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love 'em....., 12 July 2014
Of course, my heels would beg to disagree, but since I've bought out my local chemist's collection of plasters they have nothing to complain about now. Yup, once again, as I say about all DM's, these are supremely comfortable (once broken in of course, and your feet stop bleeding, hence the plasters), and they look damn good. And it's nice to actually find a pair of boots that are lace up without a zip down the side (I know they're convenient but I really don't like the appearance of both on shoes). They're an excellent fit and feel nice and sturdy, and speaking from experience I know they'll last a very long time. Maybe a little expensive but you definitely get what you pay for with DM's.

Paul Ross - Long Handled Shopping Bag
Paul Ross - Long Handled Shopping Bag
Offered by Art247
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars And now my collection is complete, 11 Jun 2014
Oh yes, I already had the canvas print adorning my bedroom ceiling, two mugs emblazoned with his face, likewise the greeting cards. However, I always knew something was missing from my life. My Paul Ross merchandise was still not sufficient to plug the gaping chasm left in my world by the (hitherto unknown) lack of this bag. Now, with the addition of this bag I can take his glorious visage with me wherever I go, and show his heavenly features to heathens in order that they might be converted to the truth and beauty that is the great Paul Ross. If only some kind soul could point me in the direction of Paul Ross placemats......

Aluminium Foil 18" (450mm x 75m) - industrial size for your kitchen or professional establishment
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies
Price: 11.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Jun 2014
I used to use a colander for all my alien / government mind control ray deflecting needs, but those pesky rays kept infiltrating through the little holes. Not any more though. Now I have wrapped my colander in this foil, no more mind control. The only downside is now I cannot use my colander to rinse vegetables.

A Whole New World
A Whole New World
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK
Price: 6.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Heals All Known Rifts, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
I was a little skeptical at first upon accepting the gift of this wondrous creation from my beloved (it was a birthday gift; I'd written a list of things I wanted such as a rotary tool set and extra drill bits but had used my Bic For Her pens, so my list came out as girlish witterings including this album). Nevertheless, with shaking hands and baited breath I pressed play and realised how unprepared I had been for the pleasure now assailing my senses. Never since The Chuckle Brothers have I been so taken by a duo of this immense talent. I fell to my knees and wept at the beauty emanating from the speakers, and my beloved was rendered metrosexual and speechless, not even roused by a plethora of Chuck Norris films. But this was not all, oh no. This album has had a divine effect on the flaura and fauna littered around my house. Our Venus Fly Trap has now made best friends with the large blackfly that repeatedly dive bombed me in the kitchen. Our cat is now snuggling with a crow in the garden, and my tortoise brings flowers to my toes, instead of trying to eat my toes. I implore any reader of this prose to buy this album now and transform your life into an Eden of everlasting plasticy pinkness.

Grow Your Own Jesus
Grow Your Own Jesus
Offered by Price Dropped UK
Price: 2.32

3.0 out of 5 stars And Lo, the Seraphim did sing...., 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Grow Your Own Jesus (Toy)
Upon removing our Lord from his protective casing. So, we put him in water and basked in the holy feeling emanating from the pint glass from wherein he reclined. We then went out to a late breakfast. Some 6 hours later and our Messiah is much the same size as he was upon first releasing him. Worryingly though, he no longer looks holy and the Seraphim are silent. The sublime holy feeling has subsided, and I'm pretty sure I smell fire and brimstone. Either that or we need to replace our plugin. Our watery Son of God now looks like an evil Simian and his left hand (often associated with sinister goings on) is much larger than his right hand. He may have developed horns, but I can't be sure as the glass is a little dirty. I blame the previous occupant of said pint glass. Beer. we didn't wash it out before filling it with tap water and submersing Jebus and this may have corrupted him. Or maybe he would have preferred mineral water......

New Womens Skull Open Back Cut Out Ladies Sleeveless Top Black M/L (12-14)
New Womens Skull Open Back Cut Out Ladies Sleeveless Top Black M/L (12-14)
Offered by fashionway mcr
Price: 3.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym, 28 Feb 2014
Even on my frame (5"11) it's long enough; just to the hips, and nice and baggy. The cut out skull on the back although not very skull like does provide some nice ventilation, hence ideal for the gym.

The Manticore And Other Horrors (Standard Edition)
The Manticore And Other Horrors (Standard Edition)
Offered by Vinylhead
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh My. Mr Filth and his cadaverous cohorts have done it again, 11 Dec 2013
Well where do I begin. For those of you who may be new to the musical styling of Cradle of Filth imagine someone has dug up Edgar Allan Poe and reanimated him. Then introduced him to the current "old school" vernacular before treating him to a week in the local cinema screening nothing but 18+ horror movies and a few silent screamers as well for good measure. And then locked him in a recording studio with access to an unending supply of Absinthe and or Jack Daniels. Or maybe even both. And finally overlaid the resulting poetry with some thundering drumming and ripping riffs. Oh yes, it's that good.
Well, as the title of this particular tome suggests, the album is about various mythical monsters throughout history so it's not a concept album as such, unlike some of their earlier work, most notably Cruelty and The Beast (my personal favourite of their back catalogue). Their sound has changed over the years, there's not so much of the demented high pitched screaming from Mr Filth that we all knew and loved. He now seems to favour a somewhat measured vocal delivery with some melodies thrown in. I'm still not sure what to make of that one but as I've been listening to the album on repeat since I bought it, I'd wager it's a good thing. Having said that, his voice is still powerful enough to send shivers down my spine and he never falters or wavers in his delivery, and when he does throw the melodies in, he's in tune. I'd merrily recommend this album as I would any of their work and can honestly say I am happy that my current earworm (for the last fortnight) has been Pallid Reflection.

LADIES WOMENS ANKLE STRAP BLOCK HEEL LOW MID HEEL SANDAL WEDGE PLATFORM FLATFORM SHOE SIZE 3 4 5 6 7 8 (UK 7 / EU 40 / US 9, Black Suede)
Offered by Fashion Thirsty

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Shoes...., 24 July 2013
but very narrow fit; I don't consider I have particulary wide feet as I've never come across this before so I think it is the shoe. Other than that they are true to size. I've only worn them the once so my feet are covered in blisters which is only to be expected with a new pair of shoes. I'm hoping this will improve with repeated wear. The sole is also very narrow so I do feel a little unsteady walking on uneven surfaces but so far I haven't tipped over. On the plus side they are easy to walk in from the point of view of no heel, and once they stop giving me blisters I expect they'll be more comfortable to wear all day and even easier to walk in. They look well made and the straps are sturdy with plenty of holes to choose from, and the fabric feels very nice. Overall I'd recommend them but carry extra plasters when you wear them.

Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
by Charlaine Harris
Price: 9.50

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING...THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.....!, 9 May 2013
I am slightly dissatisfied with the ending. Yes I know for practicality the romance with everyone's favourite bloodsucker couldn't last indefinately (human aging while bloodsucker remains forever young etc) but the replacement love interest? Really? I'd never seen anything solid or longlasting there before in any previous novels and it didn't seem right, rather like Charlaine Harris wanted a neat tidy ending for Sookie's lovelife but had no idea who it should be with. I understand why she kept Eric alive though rather than killing him off, due to Eric's terms for the marriage. Without these terms and Eric remaining alive it would have been a freeforall on Sookie's life. I enjoyed the plot about who's after Sookie this time and I didn't know who was ultimately behind that so it was a nice surprise, but the escape plot was really quite weakly done and felt rather rushed. Overall it was a good closure for this series of novels but could have been done much better with a little more imagination.

BiC Cristal for Her - Black (Box of 20)
BiC Cristal for Her - Black (Box of 20)
Price: 8.77

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad my husband allowed me to buy them!, 27 Nov 2012
After many years having to get my ever patient and loving husband to write all my correspondence for me with his masculine pens (my dainty little hands couldn't handle his massive man biros) I saw this advertised. My husband allowed me to purchase these with the little lady's allowance he gives me each month from his manly wages.

I waited; cooing with anticipation of the delivery man with my new biros, and my frail little woman's hopes were not shattered when they were delivered through my pastel pink letterbox.

My husband used his large masculine hands to open the box for me (my pretty pink fingernails might have been damaged by opening the box myself), and one I had completed my household chores for the day he allowed me to write out my very own first missive.

It was an invitation to my best girl-friends to attend a slumber party whereby we would practice our handwriting with my newfound biros, and have a slo-mo pillow fight whilst wearing skimpy underwear (of course respectfully assuming my girl-friends husbands would allow them to leave the house afer their woman's work was completed for the day).

Bic, you have revolutionised my life! Now, instead of my benevolent husband writing things out for me, he can recline on the sofa whilst I attend to my womanly chores of cleaning, cooking and satisfying my husband's every whim before using my special Bic Cristal for Her Pens to create pretty little shopping lists, poems, and missives to the wonderful men at Bic!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2013 12:52 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2