Profile for tina price > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Sisterhood
The Sisterhood

2.0 out of 5 stars The sisterhood, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Sisterhood (Kindle Edition)
This is OK but the constant flipping from time to time for on my nerves terribly. Usually I enjoy this as a plot device but here it just did not work for me. I enjoyed the present day story the most.

The Wake: Man Booker Prize 2014 Longlist Edition
The Wake: Man Booker Prize 2014 Longlist Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars What?, 8 Aug. 2014
Well, I have honestly done my very best to read this but it is just impossibly challenging. As a teacher of children with special educational needs I am very used to reading "phonological plausible" writing, but this lost me. I am afraid this is, for me, more or less unreadable.

White Noise (Picador 40th Anniversary Edition) (Picador 40th Anniversary Editn)
White Noise (Picador 40th Anniversary Edition) (Picador 40th Anniversary Editn)

4.0 out of 5 stars White noise, 28 July 2014
Ann excellent exploration of what it is to live in the twentieth century, the complexities and interrelationships of the modern world, the anxieties that overwhelm us, the simple beauties that beguile us.

The Girl With All The Gifts
The Girl With All The Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars The girl with all the gifts, 23 July 2014
A hideous, dystopian future, really cleverly thought out and well founded in solid science. Some extreme, chilling individuals surround "the girl" leading to a nail biting and thrilling race against time.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Rose and Fern, 21 July 2014
This book is beautiful, challenging, thoughtful and chillingly dreadful. It will also increase your word power!! A quite wonderful experience, as Rose takes us back to her first memories and critical relationships. It comes as no surprise that the author is lucky enough to count Ruth Ozeki amongst her friends and supporters.

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair
The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair

4.0 out of 5 stars The truth, 19 July 2014
A quite remarkable, complex and engrossing book, full of twists and red herrings. The characters are well drawn and interesting, the story winds and draws the reader on into ever more complex resolutions of an apparently simple whodunnit.

Don't Look Back
Don't Look Back

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't look back, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Don't Look Back (Kindle Edition)
At first I thought this was yet another horrible "young girl gets kidnapped, nothing will end well" novel. I'm glad I persisted as it was so much more, Eliza is complex, sympathetic and maddening in her passivity. Walter is creepily horrible, a master manipulator, but their final interactions, via Walter's intermediary, and face to face, are remarkable, honest and satisfying.

My Cleaner
My Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars My cleaner, 1 July 2014
This review is from: My Cleaner (Kindle Edition)
As usual, Maggie Gee presents us with a finely crafted piece of writing which challenges our perceptions. Funny, filled with pathos and incident. An excellent novel.

The Enchanted April
The Enchanted April

4.0 out of 5 stars The enchanted april, 20 Jun. 2014
Playful, romantic, and highly evocative of both time and place, this is a novel of great charm, rich with truth.

A Swarming of Bees
A Swarming of Bees

3.0 out of 5 stars Bees, 17 Jun. 2014
Enjoyable enough and filled with detail of the era. A good murder mystery, complicated enough to keep you guessing to the satisfactory ending.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15