Profile for M. ISMAEL > Reviews

M. ISMAEL (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Onguard Brute Standard STD 8001 Bike U-Lock
Onguard Brute Standard STD 8001 Bike U-Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars gold rating and one of the best D locks you can buy, 27 Jun. 2016
Heavy solid lock, comes with five keys and mount bracket, gold rating and one of the best D locks you can buy.

Prowell F59 Cycle Helmet (Black Red, Large, Including a FREE SharkFIN Light worth £5.49)
Offered by Prowell Helmets UK

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent light weight helmet., 10 Jun. 2016
I have the lower model F5000 and the latest Prowell F59R, both in medium size (my head is 58cm) the F59R is definitely cooler in hot weather due to having more air vents, lighter as well.

The hardest part is getting the straps adjusted right, took me about a hour since mine were way too tight, however spending time to adjust the straps and height via built-in adjuster properly pays off.

Mine came with the free Shark fin LED with supplied battery which you stick on top of the helmet or your bicycle(comes with bracket).
Also comes with spare velcro stickers(10) which you can put inside the helmet where you like.

5 Star helmet especially at Amazon's pricing.

Asus PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Network Interface Card
Asus PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Network Interface Card
Offered by Schwanthaler Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome wireless card, 4 Feb. 2016
I purchased mine from a retail store, first thing I did was download latest drivers from Asus website before installing the card in a spare PCI-E slot(x1 slot is fine), the ones on CD are always out of date.

Once drivers are installed(install card first) and you enter your network details via Win10 network settings in my case it was fine ie up and running, range on 2.4GHz is excellent, 5GHz is pretty good as well, obviously 5Ghz is designed for speed not range, but having both on gives you the best of both worlds if you have a dual band modem/router.

My equipment with this wireless card was Asus DSL-AC68U modem/router with Win10 Pro x64.

Only bad point is the external magnetic aerial base lead is a bit short, however you can install the three antennas straight into back of the wireless card if you wish.

Very happy with this wireless card, warranty is usual Asus three years cover.

Btw chipset on PCE-A68 wireless card is Broadcom chipset.

Asus DSL-AC68U AC1900 VDSL DUALBAND WLAN DSL ROUTER, 90IG00V1-BM3G00 (DUALBAND WLAN DSL ROUTER)
Offered by dbprice.it

5.0 out of 5 stars box comes with CD/manual etc and micro filter(looks like exact copy of a billion pro micro filter), 1 Feb. 2016
I'm using DSL-AC68U(purchased mine from retail store) with my Plusnet ADSL ISP.

Some tips, first double check your settings if you use Asus quick setup, it defaults to PPPoE and LLC for Plusnet ADSL(still works either way on mine due to having latest phone exchange in my area). Plusnet recommends using PPPoA and VCMux which I changed to after, also download latest firmware. Basically I was up and running within minute or two of installing my settings ie password details etc so very fast.

Another tip is try coming off the phone extension socket and using the master socket for maximum speed and stability.

Asus DSL-AC68U wise my connection is solid so 5 stars for stability(my line has always had some noise when ISPs have tested it).

I'm using the master socket since last Saturday with a VDSL BT MK3 faceplate(did have it on phone extension with micro filters before with no issues).

Size wise about right, not big or too small, box comes with CD/manual etc and micro filter(looks like exact copy of a billion pro micro filter), power adaptor, ADSL modem cable so everything to get you up and running.
The three antennas are detachable.

I'm two floors up from the Asus and signal on wireless is great, can't really fault this Asus(maybe longer AC power lead if I'm being picky).

Having VDSL built-in as well makes this good for my upgrade to VDSL fibre in the future with BT/Plunset etc.

FYI I'm using Win10 Pro x64.

Gold ESYNiC AC 5G 600Mbps Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter Maximum Speed up to 5G 433Mbps 2.4G 150Mbps-Complies with IEEE 802.11AC/N/G/B-WPS Wireless Network Adapter Nano Supports Windows 10/8/7/XP32/64bit
Offered by eSynic

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues with Win10 Pro x64(I'm two floors up from modem and it worked fine with my Asus DSL-AC68U modem/router, 1 Feb. 2016
Win10 Pro x64 detected my nano gold with no issues, never even had to install the drivers, btw you can get latest from mediatek.com, also remember to select the correct wireless adaptor in network settings of your OS if you have wireless already(ie on your laptop built-in), on my laptop I had to select USB AC wireless adaptor for it to be the default and work.

No issues with Win10 Pro x64(I'm two floors up from modem and it worked fine with my Asus DSL-AC68U modem/router.

Btw if you need very good wireless range then consider the one with the long ariel antennae.

Alien Breed - Trilogy (PC DVD)
Alien Breed - Trilogy (PC DVD)
Offered by scaddingk

2.0 out of 5 stars fast delivery, however the retail key code was blocked ..., 1 Feb. 2016
fast delivery ,however the retail key code was blocked by Steam (already been used by somebody else) when I tried to activate it, so had to buy a new digtail key online.

BenQ EW2440L 24 inch LED VA Monitor (3000:1, 250 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 4 ms, 20M:1 VGA/HDMI/MHL) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 23 July 2014
I received my EW2440L monitor today from a different website,lets start with the biggest bad point,first it came with wrong type of mains power lead to the monitor power adaptor ie came with your standard 3 pin PSU/Monitor mains lead rather then C5 cloverleaf mains lead (3 pin but rounded pins)which is what the AC power adaptor needs,lucky for me I had one lying around from my Samsung laptop ,you can get them from Amazon or Ebay for about £1.60 to 3 quid.

I advised Amazon to check that the right type of mains power leads come in the box for future customers,if not report the issue to BenQ.

Screen quality is excellent,I calibrated mine via SpyderExpress calibration tool.Box does come with HDMI and VGA cables.
Blacks are great so are viewing angles,colours are good as well.No dead pixels on mine but I paid for pixel check.

I have done some gaming and had no issues even with FPS games online with AMVA set to high.

Do note no DVI connection on monitor,only HDMI,VGA,HDMI-MHL.

Monitor controls are touch type,make sure you set AMA to high for gaming(default setting) and reduce brightness from 100 default setting(way too high).
I find brightness around 30 to 35 and contrast 40 to 50 better via HDMI.

Overall happy with mine .
Hope this quick review helps.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2014 12:35 PM BST

Monkey Cable Concept High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (1 meter)
Monkey Cable Concept High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (1 meter)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent cable, 6 April 2014
Very good cable for the price,crisp picture and sound, good build,not much too go wrong with HDMI cable.

You can buy a very decent cable at a low price ,this proves it.

Asus DSL-N55U - 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Router ADSL 2/2+ Modem Router, 802.11n, Gigabit Lan, Gigabit LAN, 2x USB, Print FTP UPnP Server, HD Streaming, 3 Year Warranty
Offered by MAGNATURAL Magnetic copper bracelet bangle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ADSL Modem and Router, 27 Mar. 2014
Firstly I own a few various Asus modem routers including this one(N55U) which I purchased from a well known store ,first thing I did was update the firmware from their site( Version 3.0.0.4.374.4422 dated Feb 21st 2014),took awhile to update so be patient but had no issues.

Software UI looks great and easy to navigate.

I had no issues with my ISP Bethere and connection(did manual setup since I like to check all settings), both wired and wireless have been faultless,ariels are detachable and it has both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz(I use 2.4Ghz only ) .

Do note it has a wireless on and off switch on back as well as a power on/off switch.

This modem/router is for a BT type telephone line so not cable.

Does not get too warm,keeps solid connection and looks good so nothing much more to say,comes with usual setup CD,power supply ADSL filter,connection cables etc.

Probably one of the best modem/routers at this price IMHO.

Asus DSL-N12U B1 300Mbps USB 2.0 Wireless ADSL Router
Asus DSL-N12U B1 300Mbps USB 2.0 Wireless ADSL Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking modem/router, 26 Feb. 2014
My Netgear DG2200 started dropping wireless connection(on all my wireless devices) after only 15 months of use,(wired was fine) so purchased this Asus model and it's working fine even on wireless with no drop in connection,works fine with my BE THERE ISP(now owned by SKY).

Aerials are detachable and have good range,pretty easy to setup,single band only ie 2.4GHz but that's all I needed,firmware mine came with was 1.0.4.1 which I updated to 1.0.5.1 via Asus website.
All status lights are blue but not that bright (good thing).
5 star for price and ease of setup.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4