Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Glasgow, London & Hannover)

Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Sep 2014
Pure awesome, better than The Avengers.

Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm
Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with Wacom 22HD Cintiq*, 24 Sep 2013
I use this with my Cintiq 22HD and it is brilliant. I toyed with getting the 24HD but I couldn't justify the price hike. The 24H's stand seemed much better than the 22HD. A wee bit of research and found I could potentially use this.

I love it, I move my tablet all over the place as I work and this has never had a problem. I can't really comment on longevity but (about 3 months in) it seems to be holding up fine.

The instructions are pretty good and you get all the wee bits to set it all up.

*Sorry this is all very tablet related but I couldn't see anything that covered what I wanted to know before I bought it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2014 5:10 PM GMT

Asus Fonepad ME371MG 7-inch Tablet (Intel Atom Z2420 1.2GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 3G, Camera, Android 4.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant wee device, 8 Aug 2013
I've been using this for a few months now and tis' awesome.

PROs:
It's the same resolution as the Fire so it's a really good e-reader
Its got an SD card slot
It can be used as a phone or, more importantly, a cheap 3G tablet
The overall quality seems high ie solid and shiny
It's really really good value

Cons:
You look like a doofus using it as a phone (luckily 90% of the time I use a bluetooth headset)
You have to get an import to get a back camera, why they would make the UK model without it is beyond me
I'm yet to find a really good ruggedised case (I have a three year old)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2013 9:47 PM BST

Yellowstone 18cm Ripple Pegs - Steel, 18 cm
Yellowstone 18cm Ripple Pegs - Steel, 18 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin, cheap and sharp., 8 Aug 2013
I was hoping for a bargain but these pegs are pretty much what you'd expect for the money.

They fold like tin foil if you hit them with any real force and, though you would think being sharp is a good thing, the sharpness continues around the entire edge of the peg, sharp enough to cut your fingers and a few guy ropes.

I'm struggling to think of a good point, we binned most of them after their first outing and I'll ditch the rest when I next put up the tent.

Garden trolley cart truck trailer DIY garden cart handtools heavy duty utility cart utility cart wagon truck

5.0 out of 5 stars Great...once you get it together., 1 Aug 2013
We've brought this to take to a wee music festival tomorrow as a wagon for our two toddlers so I will update this review once we get back. First impressions, once it's together, are pretty good. It's solid enough and there's no play on the steering. I can't give a bad review based on instructions because I feel it's all about the trolley once it's together.

It is tricky to put together.

____________**Construction tip**________________

You'll need: Pliers, size 11 and 13 spanners and a fairly meaty flat head screwdriver (a socket set would be better than spanners if you happen to have one).

There are THREE different types of bolt. There's no mention of this on the instructions really so it can get confusing.

*REGULAR BOLTS* that you use for 90%
*BOLTS 1/3 THREADLESS* which are only for the steering rack
1 x *BOLT 1/2 THREADLESS* which is for where the handle first meets the steering rack.

The kit I got came with a slightly different setup on the steering than the one in the instructions but, once the axle supports are on, it's pretty easy to get right.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful., 30 July 2013
I can't really comment on the performance of this headset for the simple reason that it was almost impossible to get into my ear. Easily the least ergonomic bit of audio equipment I have ever used. The earpiece is a perfect circle about the size of a pound coin, if you can't jam a pound coin in you ear avoid this lump of plastic. Incase you're thinking of buying this and modding it with another earphone the whole unit is one solid piece of plastic.

Earlex SC125UKP Steam Cleaning Kit
Earlex SC125UKP Steam Cleaning Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful., 21 Aug 2011
Disappointing barely sums up this piece of kit. I brought it to clean up the grouting in the shower, got it home, let it heat up (20mins) and prepared to unleash the "steam cleaning power" onto that tough limescale. I would have been better turning the shower on and facing it towards the wall.

I realise that people are saying it's dangerous but I beg to differ as to me danger would require some level of power. I'm not saying this for dramatic effect or even as some sort of clever analogy...it literally struggled to move a dog hair off the tiles.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 10:20 AM GMT

Ultra Motor A2B Metro Electric Bicycle - Silver, 19-inch
Ultra Motor A2B Metro Electric Bicycle - Silver, 19-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike, 7 April 2011
Get comfortable I have a lot to say.

I have had my a2b for about a year and a half now and I was happy to spend the money on it that I got from selling my car since I lost my licence(due to illness) so the bike is my sole means of transport and I have been very happy with it.

The Good

Unlike the majority of users I live out in the country, 7 miles from the nearest town, amongst a lot of very big hills (several 80m variations in height on the OS map).

I can happily do the 14 mile round trip with the throttle on full, continually, with a relatively steady easy peddle. I'm yet to take the battery down sufficiently to see the red light flash, which I think means there's 10-20% battery left. I also use the "boost" button for a lot of the journey.

Just for reference I weigh about 10.5 stone, carry about 4-5kg shopping and mainly ride on country roads. It's been a miserable winter so I haven't been out on it as much as I would like but with the weather getting better I'll be out all the time.

After a fair bit of research I got a weeride baby seat (£70'ish) which comes with oversized bolts which just make it round the frame and its been great. Be warned however I am short 5'5.5" (the .5 matters at this height) and my knees are precariously close to hitting the bottom of the wee ride. If you're any taller you should think about an alternative.

The Bad

The down sides of the bike are the weight I can lift it in and out the car but I doubt my wife could.

If I had the chance to talk to the a2b people I would ask that they tweaked a few things but nothing major:

The power indicator is a bit too basic, it would be really nice to have more of an idea of range left in the battery.

Some of the little plastic power covers are too flimsy and I've already broken one off (though this has no real bearing on the bike)

I'd like to see a nice set of rugged tyres, as I've mentioned I live in the country, but doubt many other would be interested.

I wrote all this because I wish someone had given an actual working account of the bike before I brought it then justifying the purchase would have been less arduous. It's a lot of money and when you're not 100% sure so you need reassurance.

In summary it's been a great wee bike and has given me back a lot of the freedom I've lost over the last few years.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2011 7:10 PM BST

Breville VKJ149 Silver Brita Filter Jug Kettle
Breville VKJ149 Silver Brita Filter Jug Kettle

2.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting a bit more quality., 19 Nov 2010
We brought this Kettle on the spur of the moment since we needed one that had a water filter after moving to a harder water area. It seems to boil fairly quick and we have had a year or so out it but its far from good:

The button that ejects the lid so you can fill it with water broke after about 11 months, it still works but you need to jab it.

It's started leaking out the panels on the bottom after about 1 year, not a lot but enough that you get a few drips when you move it from sink to stand.

The capacity of the tank is about 50% more than the filter tank so you have to fill it, wait for it to run through and then fill again.

The lights don't really do anything aside from create a sullen disco environment (would have been nice if the corresponded to the heat of the water a bit).

...in short it works but you can do better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2011 2:17 PM BST

Dirty Paper Cup
Dirty Paper Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous debut., 12 Oct 2006
This review is from: Dirty Paper Cup (Audio CD)
I first heard Hafdis on Radio2 and spent the next afternoon on the Internet trying to spell the name which, when you're not Icelandic, can keep you guessing for a while. I finally stumbled across her on myspace and after hearing a few tracks I knew that the album was going to be worth waiting for.
The album has a clean, folky sound, which is given an edge by Hafdis's enchanting wee voice. The sound being driven along by acoustic guitar and keyboard is enriched by some great harmonies and a host of other instruments, many of which I wasn't expecting. This sensitive sound and fresh style gives Dirty Paper Cup a certain newness.