Profile for J. E. Vincent > Reviews

Content by J. E. Vincent

J. E. Vincent (Lincolnshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Blue Lightning (Shetland Book 4)
Blue Lightning (Shetland Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected, 22 April 2016
I read a lot of Ann Cleeves books but this one managed to shock me. It wasn't what I expected and I was so sad. I'm not giving away the plot which, as usual, is intricately woven, but suffice it to say it takes a lot to surprise me these days.

PACK OF 3 - 73cm Metallic Silver Silk Wild Mum Flower with Silver Stem (F4)
PACK OF 3 - 73cm Metallic Silver Silk Wild Mum Flower with Silver Stem (F4)
Offered by Balloon Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again, 20 April 2016
Very nice and they look great in my vase. The only problem was that the plastic covering the heads was a bit difficult to remove and one of the heads fell off. It was easily put back and no hat done.

Heavenfield: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 3)
Heavenfield: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Great Writing, Great Plot, 13 April 2016
I loved the previous two DCI Ryan stories and I certainly wasn't disappointed with this one. Heavenfield completes the trilogy but I really hope we haven't seen the end of DCI Ryan. It was like meeting old friends again between the pages and I know the Bamburgh area quite well, so could imagine the drama played out there. I don't want to give away much here but I'm looking forward to the next book very much.

The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope Book 1)
The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 5 April 2016
I watched a re run of this on Drama last week and, although I enjoyed it, the book is better by far. The characters are lifelike and the back stories brilliant. Better than TV.

Too Good To Be True (Quick Reads 2016)
Too Good To Be True (Quick Reads 2016)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 April 2016
As always, Ann Cleeves produces yet another brain teaser with red herrings everywhere. Really great book and would recommend.

The Handfasted Wife (The Daughters of Hastings Book 1)
The Handfasted Wife (The Daughters of Hastings Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Treat, 21 Mar. 2016
Excellent story telling. I was gripped from beginning to end. Would recommend to everyone who enjoys this period of history.

White Nights (Shetland Book 2)
White Nights (Shetland Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Mar. 2016
I'm a bit of a late starter with the Shetland saga but I enjoyed this book just as much as the TV series. It gives a background story to the life of Jimmy Perez which is missing on the TV screen. I look forward to reading many more.

TEEPEE ONLINE® 5 x FABRIC MICRO FIBRE fiber STYLUS PEN for iPADS, TABLET , iPHONE, SAMSUNG , BLACKBERRY, NOKIA ..ANY TOUCH SCREEN DEVICE
Offered by PENCILUPNOSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Mar. 2016
Very good. Better than the rubber tipped ones. Delivery was earlier than expected. Would recommend to everyone.

Palomino Sky (The Midnight Sky Series: 2)
Palomino Sky (The Midnight Sky Series: 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Sequel, 23 Feb. 2016
Having read all of Jan Ruth's previous work I was looking forward to this one and wasn't disappointed at all. Jan continues to draw the reader in by the depth of the characters with their real problems, the highs and lows of family life and the uncertainty of love itself. The main characters are flawed and realistic, while she gently reveals to the protagonists themselves, as well as the reader, the true depth of their troubles and how they must overcome them. There are highlights which had me laughing out loud and remembering my own children's teenage angst, and an almost nostalgia for the past (not that I would ever want to revisit those days).

The horses too have real character and a past from which they would like to escape, but cannot voice their pain so they behave badly to bring to their owner's attention how indescribably sad they are. These animals too find a new life in the fields of Wales where their hurts are soothed and healed.

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to read about life and love, its highs and lows, and how love triumphs over everything.

A Short Way From Home (The Home Series: 1)
A Short Way From Home (The Home Series: 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Jan Ruth page turner!, 14 Jan. 2016
These short stories are all wonderfully real and great page turners. Jan Ruth is an excellent descriptive writer and understands human nature very well. Transferring this onto the page is not always easy so well done to her for her skill.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6