Profile for J. E. Vincent > Reviews

Content by J. E. Vincent

J. E. Vincent (Lincolnshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery
Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 21 Jun. 2015
This book is totally unputdownable and not at all my usual taste in fiction. Congratulations to the author who has incorporated a beautiful part of the world with a murder mystery where the reader is kept guessing until the end. There is a twist at the end which I won't reveal but adds a pleasing new dimension. I recognise the landscape, as I've holidayed near Bamburgh on occasions and visited Lindisfarne,
so being able to envisage the island added to my enjoyment. I would recommend to all mystery lovers who like a touch of romance. The machismo nature of the main character is countered by his flaws and personal insecurities making him more human than a Bond figure. Can't wait for the next one!

Pam Howes Rock'n'Roll Romance Series (5 Book Series)
Pam Howes Rock'n'Roll Romance Series (5 Book Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raiders Rule!, 17 Jun. 2015
Wonderfully written series of books from Pam Howes. I've read them all and the characters are amazing, all with their own quirks. Would recommend this series to all rockers and rollers of the sixties.

Dissolution: Tenth Anniversary Edition (The Shardlake series Book 1)
Dissolution: Tenth Anniversary Edition (The Shardlake series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dissolution, 9 May 2015
Brilliant! I'm now hooked and have moved on to the others. Everything else has been said by other reviewers of like mind.

Mistletoe Mansion
Mistletoe Mansion

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 20 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Mistletoe Mansion (Kindle Edition)
I didn't finish this which is unusual for me. It has had loads of five star reviews which is great for the author but just wasn't for me. Sorry.

I'll Take New York
I'll Take New York

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brit in New York, 20 Dec. 2014
A whistle-stop tour of New York is in offer in this story, together with romance and meeting old friends. I really enjoyed this book although some of it was predictable, but who cares, it is sheer escapism. Loved it and would recommend to everyone.

Home for Christmas
Home for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reading, 18 Dec. 2014
I really enjoyed all three stories. Their humour and characterisation were first class. I particularly enjoyed the first story but they are all very good. Highly recommended for the festive period and beyond.

Peace Lily (The Katherine Wheel Book 2)
Peace Lily (The Katherine Wheel Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 6 Nov. 2014
I have read all of Alex Martin's books and I've never been disappointed and this one is no exception. Alex writes with great clarity and passion, her prose is brilliantly descriptive, and I feel her writing improves with each book. Picking up the story of Kate and Jem after the Great War was like revisiting old friends and I was soon hooked on their story. The Lady of the manor evokes images of times gone by when the distinction between the classes was paramount and left me wanting to give her a good shake. The characterisation is first class and the storyline zips along at great pace.

Well done Alex Martin on another brilliant story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2014 8:23 PM GMT

Twelve Days of Christmas
Twelve Days of Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit, 30 July 2014
Very enjoyable storyline. I've read quite a few Trisha Ashley's and find them all very entertaining. The plot lines are similar but each story has its own loveable characters and one or two not so nice which mixes together into lovely mish mash of good reading. This one is no different and I'm not going to go through the plot here, suffice it to say I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good comfortable book to read at any season of the year.

Dark Water: Part Two of Wild Water
Dark Water: Part Two of Wild Water

5.0 out of 5 stars A Well-Deserved 5 stars for this brilliant book., 21 July 2014
This is a stunning novel and an excellent sequel to Wild Water. I felt as if I was meeting old friends as I renewed their acquaintance through the pages. Lottie is just as odd and loveable as before and Jack reminds of someone who I used to know who has many of the same characteristics. Anna and Jack are soulmates whereas, Patsy, Jack's ex-wife is as grasping as ever. Oliver, the typical teenager who needs to learn his lessons the hard way while Chelsey gets on with her life, secure in the knowledge of her Jack's love.

I beautifully written, emotional story of love, loss, and family life with an underlying seam of danger. This story unfolds to the backdrop of the Welsh mountains, the rugged beauty, the summer sun, and also the heartbreak of losing a beloved animal. Pass the tissues, please!

Good Husband Material
Good Husband Material

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 15 July 2014
I love these warm, entertaining reads. I'm not going to give the plot away but suffice it to say I've read most of them and would give all a five star rating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5