Profile for Matt Worsfold > Reviews

Content by Matt Worsfold

Matt Worsfold

Microsoft Licensed Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset (Xbox 360)
Microsoft Licensed Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ambiguous earcups, 28 Aug. 2013
These headphones out of the box were excellent when I first used them.

Unfortunately, after a few days (4 to be precise), the right earcup volume wasn't working properly... it was noticeably quieter than the left one. Therefore, I'm resulted with a headset which is ambiguous to use, therefore inadequate for movies, games etc... Please, do not buy this headset off of Amazon, I've had a lot of problems with technical equipment that I've purchased from Amazon - just buy it from a store or another website.

I've gone back to my Turtle beach X12s which still work after 17 months and counting.

HTC One 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
HTC One 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Demo Unit was delivered?!, 13 July 2013
I ordered my HTC One on the 12th of July, as I was excited to see that it would be delivered the next day. 5 days after my usage I discovered a software update available, of course, I would love to improve my experience with my HTC One with new updates. So what could possibly go wrong?

I tried updating the phone to the "latest" software it offered me "1.29.161.29" but when it finished downloading the update which was 228 MB, a message would pop up:

“Variant system version” “We have determined that your phone may be running a modified version of its system software. For your protection we cannot update your phone. Please revert your phone to the official HTC system software to update your phone. If you did not modify your system software or would like help reverting your system, please contact us via the support section at [...]

So, I got in contact with HTC thinking it was their fault, and sent it off for repair on Friday the 19th of July where it would be having the latest software installed by professional HTC repair engineers. 10 days later, today, the 29th of July I receive it back, excited. I put all my music, contacts etc back onto the phone and immediately check my software update.

Again, 1.29.161.7 was the latest software offered. I know for a fact that people in the UK (where I live) can get 1.29.401.12! So why should I have to suffer running the software 1.28.161.7? It makes me feel inadequate! I actually phoned HTC this time to find the "System variant software" means I have a demo unit.

This is absolutely preposterous! I cannot believe that the company who dispatched this product actually delivered me a demo unit! I was convinced it was a fully functioning phone until 5 days later!

Now, I am no fan of appalling service, I am disgusted, disgraced, and I fear that if I ordered a replacement I would simply have the same problem. So I thereby requested a refund immediately. I assume everyone else is not a fan of bad service, but please, do me a favour and use a different source on Amazon or anywhere to order yourself a HTC One.

I'm sure this company has successfully dispatched thousands of legitimate HTC Ones across Europe, but quite frankly me being the unlucky person in this has completely obliterated my confidence with these customer services! I hereby implore everyone to stay away from this service as I have yet to receive my refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2013 7:37 AM GMT