Profile for Mr. Michael T. Knox > Reviews

Content by Mr. Michael T....

Mr. Michael T. Knox

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The  C Programming Language (2nd Edition)
The C Programming Language (2nd Edition)
by Brian W. Kernighan

5.0 out of 5 stars It is an excellent reference. However may I just add..., 15 Jan. 2015
Just for the record this book is NOT for beginners. It says this in the preface to the first edition on page 6. Nevertheless it is advantageous to have some background knowledge otherwise you will struggle. Anyone who says differently obviously has not studied this book. This is my second edition and once understood, it is an excellent reference. However may i just add, having a background in mathematics also helps. When you learn to understand the concepts written in this book, you will feel a sense of achievement and believe me, it is worth experiencing...Also for learners out there, try out VTC Training on Youtube, It teaches you the building blocks of C Programming leading you onwards to understand this book...Best of luck!

But How Do It Know? - The Basic Principles of Computers for Everyone
But How Do It Know? - The Basic Principles of Computers for Everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book but needs more diagrams.., 9 Dec. 2014
This is an area which is difficult to understand. Although I can the author is doing best to teach you, it still needs more diagrams. I found myself looking on YouTube to get a more fuller descriptive example so I could continue onto the next chapter. In saying that though, the book gets straight to point.

C Programming
C Programming

5.0 out of 5 stars Instructive and Easy to to Learn, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: C Programming (Kindle Edition)
Very informative and takes you step by step into the world of c programming, highly recommend.

Story Engineering
Story Engineering

1.0 out of 5 stars The First Chapter was Enough.., 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Story Engineering (Kindle Edition)
My friends gave me this book as i am interesting in learning more about plot and developing scene sequences to enhance my short stories.
In all honesty, after reading the first chapter on 'Concept' i had to stop reading it because i don't know what he is talking about. According to Mr brooks, a 'Premise' is a concept that has brought a character into the mix. Errrrr...no. A Premise is a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn for example, "Great love defies death" (Romeo and Juliet), Jealously destroys itself and the object of its love (Othello) are Premises. According to Larry Brooks, a Premise is going to the Zoo and taking your estranged father with you...Oh just to add more salt into the wounds, Brooks seems to think that 'Theme' is the essence of what a story 'means'. Sounds fancy doesn't it? However, Theme is the subject matter, the topic to which you choose to discuss within your story. Mr Brooks seems to think, no other method barr his own will ever work. I don't think so. If you can get your hands on a copy of 'Janet Burroway's Writing Fiction' or Nancy Kress' 'Beginning Middles and Ends' and 'Dynamic Characters' then you are in good hands. If you are approaching the craft of writing for the first time, stay away from this book. It seems Mr Brooks is aiming his book at the ignorance of new comers. Anyone with a good knowledge of literary devices will be able to see straight through it.

Daforto Stevia Tablets Refill Package, 1000 Tablets
Daforto Stevia Tablets Refill Package, 1000 Tablets
Offered by 1107 Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Best on the Market, 16 Jun. 2014
I started taking Stevia tablets around 12 months ago. I used the Canderel brand but i couldn't get use to them because of the aftertaste it left behind. So i searched on the Internet and came across (after a long and thorough investigation) Daforto.
As you know, these tablets don't come cheap but the benefits outweigh the cost. I must say, i was not disappointed. Not only do you get a 1000 tablets for £11.95 but you get a great tasting Stevia as well. No 'weird' aftertaste just a pleasant sweet sensation that can only be compared to sugar itself. Try it and find out for yourself...

The Adventure of I: A Journey to the Centre of Your Reality
The Adventure of I: A Journey to the Centre of Your Reality
by Tania Kotsos

5.0 out of 5 stars My Evaluation of the Adventures of I.., 11 May 2014
I have read and re-read "The Adventures of I" almost several times now. This qualifies me to assess this book with the dignity it deserves.
I can tell the author is NO "hairy fairy" mumbo-jumbo wannabe pseudo scientist. (These idiots you can spot a mile away.)
Please Read this book because it makes sense.
Read it properly, read it slowly. you will find yourself less defensive and emerged into wanting to learn more. I couldn't put it down. This is a gratifying feeling which i don't get to experience very often.
I found myself 'meeting' parts of me that i never knew before. Being in touch with 'myself' and yet being in touch with everything else around me all at the same time. The information just 'clicked' and I've started to trust my inner senses more and feel relaxed, self assured.
This book isn't called "The Adventures of I" for nothing.. If you want a hint, then read this book, take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask "Really, Who am I?" You will realise you are more than what you see.

Badass Boogie Woogie Secrets Of The Pros
Badass Boogie Woogie Secrets Of The Pros

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book, 10 May 2014
This book is fabulous. His wealth of knowledge and experience is passed down to you, the reader. What Dr K shares is the not only history of boogie woogie, the various styles and tips and tricks but also what to expect while you are learning. i feel myself getting better and becoming more confident in my playing, something which i've never felt before until now. Definitely worth a buy.

Piano Chords & Progressions:: The Secret Backdoor to Exciting Piano Playing!
Piano Chords & Progressions:: The Secret Backdoor to Exciting Piano Playing!
by Duane Shinn

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Want to Learn How to Play Then Buy This Book, 10 May 2014
This book is fun and easy to use. The diagrams and presentation of the chords are straight forward and i had no problem mastering the craft of learning the chords. Duane Shinn knows what he is talking about and he has a good sense of humour too. A full 5 stars from me.

Piranha PC29bg BLACK GLASS Computer Desk with A4 Suspension File Drawer
Piranha PC29bg BLACK GLASS Computer Desk with A4 Suspension File Drawer
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Glass Table, 10 May 2014
Prompt and fast delivery - Thank you. A great and sturdy table. I had a hard time putting it together but i am no stranger to assembling cupboards and tables etc. You may need to add a little bit of work to it yourself hence why it is 4 stars. The right side of the cupboard drops to one side from its hinges. There is no screw or wooden slot to properly close or bind the corners hinges together. I had to buy brackets to attach them. Since then, the 'fixed' side of the cupboard has been fine. It is a stylish table, neat and stylish. Definitely makes any room look professional. Will buy again in the future.

Bullies, Bastards and Bitches: How to Write the Bad Guys of Fiction
Bullies, Bastards and Bitches: How to Write the Bad Guys of Fiction
by Jessica Page Morrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than I Expected, 10 May 2014
I enjoyed this book. it's more like a reference book on anti hero's etc. The wealth of knowledge contained is fantastic and anybody wishing to write a novel will not be disappointed with this book, definitely worth buying.
The condition of the book (although second hand) was fantastic and delivered promptly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3