Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Samsung Galaxy S5 S5 Neo S5 Duos Flip Case Cover Wallet Stand by MANNA | Genuine Nappa Leather 'Astana' | black
Offered by LEICKE Germany

2.0 out of 5 stars Phone overheats while you have this case on., 25 Jun. 2016
I got this for my phone, and the blasted thing fried itself one afternoon. I then replaced the phone with the same model, and found that, if I charged this phone with the case on, it got really hot. I've had to abandon the case.

I think, in honesty, that this is the fault of Samsung. The Galaxy S5 Neo appeared and disappeared again very quickly, and I suspect that it was manufactured badly. My phone gets mysteriously hot after a lot of usage, even now. But of course a case you can't use is not a useful purchase.

The case is well made, tho. It has nice corner protectors so that if you drop your phone on that, it may survive (unlike a previous phone I had, in a case, which didn't). The case interior - the bit of the flip case facing the screen - is made of some material that attracts lint, tho, which is mildly annoying.

ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM LP (VINYL) UK MCA 1983 (Katalog-Nummer: DBL1)
ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM LP (VINYL) UK MCA 1983 (Katalog-Nummer: DBL1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jun. 2016
Great album, great cast ... why isn't this available on CD and MP3?

Cast of Stones, A (Staff & the Sword)
Cast of Stones, A (Staff & the Sword)
by Patrick W. Carr

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, got better, but died in the next volume, 25 Jun. 2016
This is a curious item. It starts out far too slowly, but picks up interest after we leave the village and get to the town. The magic system is interesting and original. The writing is not great - this is a first novel - but I made my way through it all, and it got better over the novel. (Those worried about the Christian publisher need not - there's nothing overt in here, and it's basically a medieval-style world). The next one, tho, was really bad. Pity.

[2016 New Release] VicTsing FM Transmitter, In-Car Universal Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 MP3 Player FM Transmitter Hands-free Car Kit with Dual USB Charger Charging ports, Music control For iPhone SE 6s 6s Plus iPhone 6 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 5G 4S 4 3GS 3G Samsung Galaxy S6 S6 Edage S7 S7 Edage, HTC One M8 / M7 / Mini, etc - Black
Offered by VICTECH

The Hero's Lot (Staff & the Sword)
The Hero's Lot (Staff & the Sword)
by Patrick W. Carr

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreadable. I read the first volume, which was ..., 25 Jun. 2016
Unreadable. I read the first volume, which was heavy going but improved towards the end. This one ... I sort of gave up part way. The author has interesting ideas, but he badly needs a professional fantasy editor.

Ibanez  GAX30 TR Double Cutaway Guitar
Ibanez GAX30 TR Double Cutaway Guitar
Offered by One Man Band

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 25 Jun. 2016
This is actually a very nicely made little electric guitar. Smaller than I expected, but really very good. Nicer machine heads than my 1970s Fender Strat. The knobs were perfectly OK. There's no tremolo, tho. It arrives in a cardboard box, but is perfectly acceptable. It was let down by a supplied lead which was defective and crackled - when I swapped it for my own lead, there was no crackle. It also comes with a free voucher for some online courses in how to play. The example that I saw had been made a year ago. Strings were all fine.

Man and Woman He Made Them
Man and Woman He Made Them
by Jean Vanier

1.0 out of 5 stars the prose is like that - and enter a world of babbly bulls***, 25 Jun. 2016
Compete bulls***. Which means, I suppose, that I am not the target audience. But if you can make your way through the introduction, where the simple Henri Nouwen offers his simple insight that your simple shoelaces might be simply undone - really, the prose is like that - and enter a world of babbly bulls***, then who knows? Maybe there are some useful insights here. Much of it is about mentally deficient people. None of it is about normal man-woman relationships.

Not being mentally deficient, I tossed my copy in the bin.

Madness in Solidar (Imager Portfolio)
Madness in Solidar (Imager Portfolio)
by L. E. Modesitt Jr.
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Modesitt has written worse. He's written much better, 25 Jun. 2016
It's OK. Modesitt has written worse. He's written much better. But it's better than the more recent few volumes in the Imager series. Acceptable.

Time and a Word : The Yes Story
Time and a Word : The Yes Story
by Martin Popoff

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended., 25 Jun. 2016
This volume is made up entirely of quotations from the band, and reviews, made at the time and culled, one assumes, from interviews. It covers the entire period of Yes history, but most of it is devoted to the later stages of the band's career, which gets scant treatment elsewhere. It's very readable. It doesn't review the tours. It's largely silent about the money, which makes it very misleading at points, because the money is the main determinant in the later career of Yes. But ... recommended.

Samsung S5 Neo - Black - Sim-Free Smartphone (SM-G903F)
Samsung S5 Neo - Black - Sim-Free Smartphone (SM-G903F)
Offered by STARS COM UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Developed fault after 4 months, 9 May 2016
I had a Samsung S4 for ever. I broke it by accident about 4 months ago, and bought this as a replacement. From the start it seemed inferior in various ways, but I accepted it. This weekend the Samsung S5 Neo broke. I left it charging overnight. In the morning it was dead; and I quickly found that it would start with a new battery (charged externally), but would not charge. The charging had damaged the phone. The time was reset to 1 Jan also. I also found that the phone got very hot and discharged very fast. Swapping batteries did not help. It looks as if the motherboard developed a short circuit, or the charger overloaded it. I've not done anything unusual for a mobile user; so I am mightily annoyed at spending so much on something which has clearly been manufactured too cheaply. Avoid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12