Profile for Sara Stacey > Reviews

Content by Sara Stacey

Sara Stacey (Wickford, Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Amber Earns Her Ears: My Secret Walt Disney World Cast Member Diary (Earning Your Ears Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion to a trip to Disney, 10 Dec 2014
I brought this ahead of a trip to Florida and read it before, during and after my trip. It was really interesting and a lovely insite into working at Disney. I'd definitely recommend this to any Disney fan or anyone visiting Disney.

Audiclean Total Ear Care System
Audiclean Total Ear Care System
Offered by Blukoo

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for my I'm afraid, 10 Dec 2014
I have always had problems with my left ear and wax blocking it. I've tried olive oil, which softens it, but doesn't remove it so thought I'd try this. the oil that comes with it was quite tricky to get out the bottle and into my ear but after a while I got the knack of it. The water spray was useless unfortunately and it did dislodge any softened wax, it just dribbled water down my neck. Was worth a try. I did find something which worked in the end luckily.

Do Not Open This Box: Keri Smith Deluxe Boxed Set
Do Not Open This Box: Keri Smith Deluxe Boxed Set
by Keri Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Something out of my comfort zone, 10 Dec 2014
I heard about one of these books and when I saw this was a set of four different books on lightening deals I thought I'd treat myself. I'm the kind of person when will tear out a page if I make an error, or write in a diary with a pencil so I can run out errors or changes so 'wrecking' a book is a bit out of my normal comfort zone. Really looking forward to working my way through these and thinking of buying them for a few different people (of different ages) as they look so fun

Togu Dynair Senso Ball Cushion - Black, 33 cm
Togu Dynair Senso Ball Cushion - Black, 33 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Space saving rather than a gym ball for sitting at a desk, 10 Dec 2014
Actually feels like your sitting on a gym/Swiss ball. Does feel a bit strange as I usually roll side to side and back to front on an actual ball but you can't really do that on this but it is really good and perfect when I'm crafting as my back doesn't stiffen up as much (just don't bend down to pick things up as it is a bit unstable)

Kipling Women's Gracy Shoulder Bag K1502010P Cardinal Red
Kipling Women's Gracy Shoulder Bag K1502010P Cardinal Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect hands free bag, 10 Dec 2014
Having had Kiplings before, I really liked the look and size of this one for work. Walking with a stick, I ideally need my hands free and this bag is perfect as you can wear it across your body. Lovely colour and its great for keeping your bag organised with all the great pockets, in fact I found out yesterday I can even put a 330ml fizzy drinks can in the inside pocket so it doesn't roll around in your bag. I love that the front is actually Velcro rather than clips or buckles and these wash up really well if you ever spill anything on them (just remove the monkey)

Trixie Espejo Scratching Post, 69 cm, Beige
Trixie Espejo Scratching Post, 69 cm, Beige

4.0 out of 5 stars Practically perfect (it it didn't knock over so easily), 10 Dec 2014
My husband brought this during the Lightning sales and I was amazed at how big it was when it arrived but our two kittens love it. The only thing which made me give it 4 stars, not 5, is that if the kittens are having a manic moment and run at it or off it then it has a tendency to knock over. We have this is our hallway and I nearly got stuck in our bathroom (the only door that opens outwards) after they knocked it over while I was in there. Great item apart from that. It helped us while putting flea treatment on them too as they enjoy sitting on the top of it and it's a great height that they weren't too fussed about what we were doing.

The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to go to WDW now!!!, 9 Mar 2014
Having purchased the Brits Orlando Guide I purchased this by one of the authors. I last went to Walt Disney World in 2008 and as I'm going this year thought it would be nice to find the hidden bits I missed out on. It's set out in a way that's great to read before you go (I'll probably re-read it on the plane) and also has short bullet points at the start of each section on the main 'hidden magic' section so this can be read while going round the park. Very well written and now I'm even more excited about going (and finding the wooden leg named Smith). This book isn't too long either (I've just finished it after being unable to sleep at 2am in the morning and ready 60% in two hours). So many hidden gems you wouldn't know about unless you read this book or searched online (although as the writer says not all the stories online are completely true and she's researched them before putting them in the book)

Great for those like me who don't just go for the rides

Migra-Cap Drug Free Migraine Relief Black
Migra-Cap Drug Free Migraine Relief Black
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Really chills you out and helps with migraines, 9 Feb 2014
I have suffered from migraines for years and the only way to get rid of them is usually migraine tablets and a few hours sleep. A wet flannel usually helps but really irritates me as it doesn't stay on my head when I turn to sleep on my side and get comfortable. I've tried the stick on migraine forehead patches but they usually have a scent and my sense of smell is really strong with a migraine and makes my head worse.

I brought this after someone mentioned it on twitter and I went ahead and brought one straight away. I got it a few weeks ago and just used it for the first time. My husband had to help me put it on as it was really tight on my head and kept slipping on my hair but I'm guessing this will get easier the more it's used. The cap has a really strange plastic like smell which was annoying but I'm hoping this will go over time.

Once the cap was on my head felt really chilled. It's a snug fit but actually very comforting. Although cold it didn't make me feel cold in my body and just really relaxed me. The eye mask part wasn't very thick and the light still comes through unfortunately. There is a hole for your hair however I couldn't be bothered to try and sort my hair out and it worked fine just putting the cap straight on my head with my hair down.

With tablets my migraine actually went within an hour while relaxing in my reclining chair, usually I need at least 2 hours sleep in bed with tablets so this cap means I need less down time and can get on with my day. My migraine was quite mild so it will be interesting to see if it would ask quick with a full blown migraine.

I love the fact the cool packs are strategically placed and include areas like by the side of your eyes and on the neck.

I'd definitely recommend this and would give it 5 stars if the eye area could be made thicker so less light comes through and also if there was a way of removing the plasticy smell

GYRO-CUT Gyro-Cut 1-Piece ABS Plastic and Metal Craft and Hobby Tool, Blue
GYRO-CUT Gyro-Cut 1-Piece ABS Plastic and Metal Craft and Hobby Tool, Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Sounded good but not as easy as it looks, 29 Jan 2014
I saw this on TV and wanted to get one as it was advertised as beig easy to use and for both left and right handed people. Being a lefty and having had problems trying to cut curves using a craft knife I decided to buy one. I brought it and couldn't wait to try it on some decoupage sheets but after trying it I was really dissapointed. You need to apply a little pressure but due to the thin grip and angle I found this really hard. I tried cutting out lightweight decoupage sheets and the pressure needed to cut meant it was hard to navigate round images and I ended up ruining a few sheets before gave up. I think the problem for me was the narrowness of where you hold it and angle. Back to scissors and the craft knife

Cricut Mini Electronic Cutting Machine
Cricut Mini Electronic Cutting Machine
Offered by idealdealshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing but major teething problems to begin witg, 26 Jan 2014
I've wanted one of these since they came out and was so excited when I saw it on Amazon Black Friday sale. When I got it I found it very easy to set up however I found the results a bit disappointing, the cuts weren't clean and I didn't know what went wrong after following instructions so thought maybe I was just being dissolutioned about the results I was expecting. I ended up looking on blogs and they said it took a while to get use to the Cricut but then I saw someone saying about their blade not being sharp....I looked at my blade and compared it to pictures online and found my blade was actually broken, it had no tip! I realised that it must have happened on my second cut when I tried to cut a spike shape from 'Adorable Scoreable' card and found that other people has problems cutting this card damaging the blade so I'm definitely not going to be cutting that anymore.

After buying replacement blades I've had perfect results and can't recommend it enough.

I found when your mat gets less sticky it's best to get a brayer to ensure your cutting material is stuck properly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6