Profile for Sara S. > Reviews

Content by Sara S.

Sara S. (Wickford, Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Home Executive Planner 2016-2017
Home Executive Planner 2016-2017
by Jen Boss
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely light and very useful planner, 20 July 2016
Home executive daily planner

I love planners. I use to rely on just my phone but it's always nice to have something to write notes on and it can be tricky booking something in if you are on your phone and can't see your calendar to quote references or to look at your availability.

My last planner was a ring binder with refillable inserts which was ok but hard to write in, but then I found this! I've never heard of this planner before and can't even remember what I was searching for on Amazon when I saw it.

First of all it's a nice size and I can easily take it to work with me. It's roughly the same size as a A5 note book. It's also ring bound so it's easy to write in as the rings aren't too intrusive.

When I was ordering this I was thinking of also ordering a budget book, just for monthly bills, but I'm so glad I didn't as this planner has that built into it!

The planner is made up of:
A yearly budget overview - so you can see clearly any bills that come out thought the year
Month to view (with monthly goals)
Week to view (with 6 columns so you can split this for work/home or family members), meal planning for the week and a shopping list
Monthly estimated and actual bill page
Recipes
Notes
Thanksgiving meal planning (it is an American planner)
Christmas gift list
Christmas meal planning
Vacation packing list
Monthly birthdays
Holidays for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2018 (but remember it's American so it has things like grandparents day, but no UK bank holidays)
Stickers! - yes, stickers for your planner with things like date, anniversary, girl time, meeting, sports events, school events, medical appointments etc. You hey 2 sheets of these which are ringbound to the planner so they won't go missing which is handy.

The planner goes from August 2016 - December 2017 which I like, although I always get planners this duration and feel bad that I finished my old one 5 months early.

As I said, the planner is an A5 size and it is very much like a notebook in weight and feel. The front and back and light card, and the pages are paper with laminated bits in the divider tabs (for each month)

When I got mine I started filling it in and then found when I got to March 2017 they page was already starting to come out, this must have happened in the factory or depot as I got it straight out the delivery box and hadn't turned that far, so check when you get yours as I can't return it since ive started writing in it but the damage is only to one page and towards the top so hopefully it will be ok. The pages are quite light so I'm not sure how it will cope for 17 months but I'm sure it will be ok with normal wear (I'll update this review if that changes)

I was going to say that it would be handy if the shopping list each week was removable but I shop online so it's fine having it in the book, but if you were going to a supermarket you'd either have to carry your planner with you or transfer your list to your phone or another list.

I think this is a really pretty and useful planner, and the price is really good too.
Comment Comment | Permalink

GRIFFIN Survivor Case for iPhone 6 - Black
GRIFFIN Survivor Case for iPhone 6 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Sturdy and safe, 16 July 2016
I've used these cases for the last few years (after accidentally dropping my phone in the toilet not once....but twice!). Since then I've dropped my phone in water once and it's been fine with this case, you do have to rescue your phone quickly and take it out the case to dry, but I works.

The only downside is it's very chunky and they do wear, mainly on the home button, quite quickly. I did try another brand case but returned it for another of these (sorry for betraying you Griffin Survivor)

I don't use the clip as its quite chunky. I would like it if they had a loop for a wrist strap though.

Definitely sticking with this one!

Tarte Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette with Brush
Tarte Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette with Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pallet!, 3 July 2016
I purchased this elsewhere to ship to the UK and I'm so impressed with it. I've not used Tarte eyeshadows before, only their mascara, and was really pleased with how well these blended. The outer box and the palette have a lovely wood grain texture and look amazing. The colours are lovely and its really helpful to have the card with a daytime and evening look so you know how to use the colours if you are a bit apprehensive. I also like that it comes with a brush so you know you have the right tool or if traveling. I have also used the darker colours with a wet liner brush and have been able to get a really good eyeliner effect. I think this is my favourite pallet! When I saw Bunny talking about this on her YouTube channel I wasn't going to purchase it but after seeing the colours, especially sassy bun, I really wanted to buy it and I'm so glad I did. The only thing I would say is that I used the colours and then put it back in the box (upside down in error) and then next time I went to use it the powder had come loose and gone into the other colours which wasn't a major issue as I just brushed it away, but I'll always keep it upright from now on.

PetSafe Drinkwell Replacement Filter Cartridges (3 Pack)
PetSafe Drinkwell Replacement Filter Cartridges (3 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with our Drinkwell water fountain, 3 July 2016
Ordered to go with the Drinkwell water fountain for our cats. Work well and last a month. Only strange thing is that the filter that came with our fountain said to use the filter with the black side facing the back of our fountain, but these say to have the white part facing the back which was slightly strange. As we use these monthly we've set them up for a subscription purchase so we never forget them.

Macleans Whitening Toothpaste Tube 100ml
Macleans Whitening Toothpaste Tube 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 3 July 2016
Ordered as an 'add on' item when I ordered something else. My husband only uses Macleans (as he doesn't like the taste of some other toothpastes) it works well and does exactly what it says. My sister even asked my husband what he does to get his teeth so white!

Blackspur Heavy Duty Staple Gun BB-ST105
Blackspur Heavy Duty Staple Gun BB-ST105

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for light upholstering, 3 July 2016
I ordered this after my last staple gun died. I use this for craft makes and mainly for covering notice boards with fabric. Really easy to use and does the job.

Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette
Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results and easy to use, 3 July 2016
I have purchased Kat Von D make up before and I find it wears really well. This is the first (and only) contouring pallet I've purchased and it's amazing. It blends really well and although you may think you only need 1 light and 1 dark shade, it's helpful to have the other shades for throughout the year if you get a tan etc. The information card is really helpful as I wouldn't really know what to do otherwise. I wore this for the second time yesterday and didn't tell my Mum and she said that I looked liked I'd lost weight in my face! Brilliant! I was a bit worried about applying the dark shade to my neck in case it looked dirty, but it really didn't. I love this so much! I did purchase the Kat Von D brush with this just so I knew exactly what to do and get the best results, but I don't think it's totally necessary.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very accurate, 3 July 2016
I ordered this to try and make myself move more and also track my sleep. I'm disabled and wondered how it would track my movement as I walk with a stick and it did quite well but it picked up so much movement while I was sitting and working or crafting. I looked as making it less sensitive but then it didn't track my walking much. The sleep function was good as when I thought I'd had a bad nights sleep I could see that I did actually get rest. I stopped wearing it after a few months as get a new tracker and when I went to give it to my has an found the band seemed to have rotted and broken despite being in a dry dark place but I'm not sure if this may have been due to wearing while while doing hydrotherapy I'm a chlorinated pool. My husband used the spare small wrist strap and within 2 hours of being in work it said he had reached 2000 steps despite being sat down all day but it had picked up his hand movements while working (polishing jewellery). A nice idea and maybe it would work better for others
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2016 9:38 PM BST

By Annie ByAnnie's Soft and Stable-White 36-inch x 58-inch, Other, Multicoloured

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bag making, 3 July 2016
I ordered this to make bags with after seeing it on the bag pattern instructions. Unfortunate being in the UK it was hard to find but Amazon came to the rescue! It's nice and light, easy to cut and it's really easy to sew with. I made 3 cross body bags and 3 earphone storage purses with this and still have some left over. A great product!

Kerbl Crunchy Channel Swish, 90 cm
Kerbl Crunchy Channel Swish, 90 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Our cats love it, 3 July 2016
Our cats love this. It's out virtually all the time and our two cats play hide and seek, use it to hide and pounce on their toys (or each other) and even sleep in it! It's handy that it can be folded up small as well for when we do housework or have guests over and need more space. A great cat toy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11