Profile for N. Davies > Reviews

Content by N. Davies

N. Davies

Page: 1 | 2
Skechers USA Womens Grand Jams - Unlimited Snow Boots 45419 Charcoal 7 UK, 40 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one size smaller!, 4 Oct 2014
I'm size 7, but these were way to big for even the thickest of thick socks (seriously, I would have to have stuffed paper into the toes!) Size 6 works a lot better and still lots of room. Very comfy and warm :)

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick - Volga 2g/0.07oz
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick - Volga 2g/0.07oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous colour, stays on all day, 4 Oct 2014
I have this in Volga - the colour is so gorgeous, and it really does last all day!

Muddyfox Padded Cycling Tights Ladies Black 12 (M)
Muddyfox Padded Cycling Tights Ladies Black 12 (M)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly great!, 10 May 2014
These fit really well and are an excellent price, my only gripe is that the drawstring is quite short and I've had to resort to string extensions to stop it from disappearing into the waistband. Apart from that, really good!

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.21 Light Beige 50ml
Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.21 Light Beige 50ml
Offered by mo&&mo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 May 2014
Was recommended this on r/makeupaddiction after asking for a BB cream that wouldn't turn me into an oompa-loompa!

It's not orangey in the least, blends very well and looks incredibly natural. I really like the SPF 42, although I doubt I'm applying enough to get the full benefit.

5 stars as I have yet to find anything that betters it

Garnier Nutri Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - Light 50ml
Garnier Nutri Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - Light 50ml
Offered by My Pharma

2.0 out of 5 stars Greasy and orange, 22 Dec 2013
That's all I can really say about it.

I only used a small amount at a time - it feels greasy when I put it on and I have to wait ages for it to 'dry' before applying my foundation powder. The light shade is definitely not for those with fair skin - it made my face orange :(

A.Vogel BioSnacky Large Germinator
A.Vogel BioSnacky Large Germinator
Offered by Best4Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sprouter with a flaw, 26 Jan 2013
The capacity is great & when it drains correctly it's a brilliant!

However, like others I've had problems with things not draining sometimes. I tend to water the top tier & then keep an eye on it to make sure all 3 drain. If 1 tier doesn't, I pour a little water over the red plug to get it started & it's usually OK. Each tier could do with being a little taller too - alfalfa and mungbeans are strong enough to push up the level above them :o

I've used this sprouter to successfully grow alfalfa, brocolli, clover, radish, mixed pulses & sunflower seeds. Because it's a tray I get lovely uniform stalks for taller sprouts, & brocolli don't seem to get as matted or tangled up as in a jar.

Jars are still the easiest way to sprout, but if you don't mind putting in a little effort then this is a good buy :)

A.Vogel BioSnacky Small Germinator Jar
A.Vogel BioSnacky Small Germinator Jar
Offered by World Wide Shopping Mall Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and delicious!, 13 Oct 2012
I had this jar as part of a kit from Aconbury Sprouts. It's an absolute doddle to use, the most difficult part is remembering to rinse. No problems - just delicious sprouts !
Comment Comment | Permalink

Samsung LE32A558/A559 - 32 inch Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD TV - With Freeview
Samsung LE32A558/A559 - 32 inch Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Foolproof, 12 Jan 2009
I decided on a Samsung TV mainly because I have a monitor from their Pebble range and was very impressed with it.

Thanks to the very helpful reviews, I had a head start on how to fit the stand (must be a Samsung thing, the monitor had a similar fiddly method) and also to find an aerial cable.

From delivery to watching TV was less than 10 minutes. I admit, opening the box took the longest! It is seriously easy to set up as the TV pretty much does everything for you, and as long as the signal is good there are no problems.

I'm not a console gamer, but I have taken the opportunity to plug my laptop into the TV. The results at full resolution are astounding - it really is just like having a gigantic monitor, the clarity is excellent!

Mine did have what looked like a bit of backlight bleed, but this has faded to nothing over the course of a couple of weeks.

Overall I am very pleased with this television, others might find it a bit small for their purposes, but for the location I bought it for it's perfect.

Philips Senseo HD7814 Coffee Machine, Black
Philips Senseo HD7814 Coffee Machine, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, but that's it, 13 April 2008
The Senseo is well made, well built and well designed. It does what it's supposed to do and reduces coffee making to a very simple process.

Trouble is, the end result is that it produces *something* - just not coffee as I know it...

The servings are tiny, in fact I was hard pushed to find a mug that would fit under the nozzle. The coffee is watery and lukewarm, and you're basically restricted to the mediocre coffee pods that Philips and Dowe Egberts 'allow' you to use. In order to get a full mug of decent strength coffee you have to use two pods. The 'cream head' they claim you can get with this? Not crema by any stretch of the imagination.

To give the senseo a second chance, I tried it with one of those little coffee holders that you put your own coffee in. The results were even worse, so I gave up and got myself a proper coffee maker. A bit more doing and cleaning involved, but infinitely better coffee.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2008 3:13 PM BST

Kenwood ES547 Café Retro Espresso 15 bar Silver
Kenwood ES547 Café Retro Espresso 15 bar Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Couple of niggles, but actually very good, 10 Nov 2007
I've owned this machine for about a year now, and admit that I was drawn to the Kenwood because of how cool it looks - it's absolutely gorgeous!

Aside from that, it's a surprisingly good machine for the price. I was a complete novice to espresso machines, and was delighted to find that it's an absolute doddle to get good coffee with lots of crema. After some experimentation I've found that pre ground Illy coffee, well tamped down in a preheated holder always produces good results.

Now for the niggles, and they have been brought up by previous reviewers so I knew what to expect. With regards to the machine dripping after making a coffee - yes this does happen, and it does drip a bit when warming up too. But if you put a cup under the holder to catch the drips, then it's pretty much a non issue.

I've not had any problems with the bayonet holder, mine seems ok. I'm sure if you twist the 'bowl' around 90 degrees when you put in in the holder that this will lessen the chance of it falling out when you whack it on the side of the bin!

And of course the cup warmer that doesn't do anything! I've found it's a good place to keep the tamper :)

So in summary, if you're looking for a good value, good looking machine that's easy to get great results with, then this is for you!

Page: 1 | 2