Profile for T. Valliere-Evans > Reviews

Content by T. Valliere-Evans

T. Valliere-Evans "Frocked.co.uk" (Wales UK)

LEGO Armour Starter Kit (DSi)
LEGO Armour Starter Kit (DSi)
Offered by Meganet France
Price: 11.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect information on site - the box states will not fit!, 7 Jan 2011
Bought this as a gift & double checked the webpage content to ensure it would fit: it stated "Suitable for all Nintendo DSi Consoles". However, now I have the box it states it is not suitable for DSiLite or XL. This is a gift & so we shall see if it will when the wee man opens it?? It is also missing the Brick Cleaning Pad :( I would have been delighted with it otherwise......

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Glyn The Photo Artist, 31 Jan 2009
Glyn Davies has a special way of painting with his skilled eye & camera - the pictures astound, can take your breath away, stop you in your tracks & make you want to visit the places he has seen through his lens, & of course hang on your wall. I have visited some of these locations, with some holding extremely special memories in my heart, & I have taken pictures there too - but nothing compares to a Glyn Davies image when he has been there & captured the light 'just right' & the moment in time that was his! I have my eye on a few...

The Art of Manipulating Fabric
The Art of Manipulating Fabric
by Colette Wolff
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars simply helpful, 1 Mar 2007
This book holds a vast array of images & instruction on the art of fabric manipulation.

The book is easy to read & follow, with lots if images clearly showing the design & process, thus allowing the reader to easily find what they are looking for. If you want to have inspiration &/or technical know-how at your fingertips, then this book will help. We have used it in our Studio as reference for the technicalities of manipulating fabric, but also found, from perusing the pages, that we got great inspiration for new designs or help in solving others...have fun!

The Fashion Designer Survival Guide: An Insider's Look at Starting and Running Your Own Fashion Business
by Zac Posen

5.0 out of 5 stars You will learn something from this book!, 26 Nov 2006
I really wish I had read this before I set up a fashion business; this is invaluable reading from somebody actually IN the industry.

With relevant information & quotes from other designers, & people in the industry, the reader is able to understand what is involved in setting-up/running a fashion business. The book is extremely easy to read & each chapter covers a relevant topic fairly concisely, enabling the reader to learn so much from others experiences; from costing through to actually selling.

We all have so many questions to ask when setting up/in a new business & this book will probably answer most, if not all, & may actually save you from having to learn from your own mistakes...well most anyway!

If you are looking at setting up a fashion business, then I highly recommend reading this book but be aware that this was written for an American audience, & so some things will not be correct for the UK, ie: $'s instead of 's.

Thankyou Mary Gehlhar, from a young designer company who now realise they were right on some things, feel reassured on others, but who now have a vast amount of new knowledge to take it further...