Profile for Stingray > Reviews

Muc-Off Biodegradable 5 Litre Motorcycle Cleaner
Muc-Off Biodegradable 5 Litre Motorcycle Cleaner
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

2.0 out of 5 stars No less effort than anything else, 8 May 2015
Second time I have tried this product and not over impressed. Used it years ago and thought it might have improved. Doesn't work at all unless you agitate the dirt, so spray on wash off off NO. Had been using Halfords car shampoo which is just as good and half the price.

Ashworth Mens Cardiff ADC Golf Shoes G54282 White/Neutral Grey/Air Force Blue 9.5 UK, 44 EU
Offered by More Sports Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Already had a pair - so comfortable got some more to keep in the wardrobe, 8 May 2015
Already had a pair - so comfortable got some more to keep in the wardrobe. Plenty of grip - used on a very wet course and didn't notice any difference from using spikes.

Komputerbay 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM (204 pin) 1066Mhz PC3 8500 for Apple 8 GB
Komputerbay 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM (204 pin) 1066Mhz PC3 8500 for Apple 8 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by me., 8 May 2015
Quick delivery - well packaged - speeded up my 2009 iMac wonderfully - no more spinning balls.

SoundMAGIC E10S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Mic - Black & Red
SoundMAGIC E10S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Mic - Black & Red

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 x better than a £20 set., 21 Jan. 2015
Why did I buy so many cheaper £15-£20 sets of earphones? Bought these on the strength of HiFi Choice review and can now listen to my music without the distraction of lack or excess of any frequencies. Although I have several top range audio systems I can listen with these earphones without criticism, especially when listening to compressed material on a portable device. My other reference headphones are Beyer DT100s - old I know, but an industry benchmark.

Oregon Scientific BAR806 Solar Weather Station
Oregon Scientific BAR806 Solar Weather Station
Offered by Smart Living

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy it if you are prepared to accept junk., 21 Jan. 2015
Hard to see why people give products like these anything but 1 or 5 stars. Either it works to the specifications given or it doesn't. end of story. Primarily, the base unit and wireless sensor have a discrepancy of up to 5ºC when right next to each other, which is unacceptable by any standard. Secondly, it does not work on solar power, batteries had to be inserted. Despite claiming to store power, there was no glimmer of life after several hours in direct sunlight. Helps your lithium batteries last longer? No lithium batteries with mine?

Companies like this only survive as customers are prepared to accept products that have a short life span and that don't really work as claimed. They are not going to earn £30 out of me for a piece of junk that doesn't do as described. Its on its way back right now.

Wheat Herbal Heat Pack
Wheat Herbal Heat Pack
Offered by LANGTREES

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but no more., 4 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Wheat Herbal Heat Pack (Misc.)
The first thing I noticed was that it was a little skimpy on the filling and when trying to put around my arm all the contents fell to one end. It is not fleece like others have received, but a nice Tartan material. Not as good value as the ones I previously had from - wait for it - Lidl. The were a lot larger and had dual ties for fastening around legs, arms,neck etc.

Apple AirPort Express
Apple AirPort Express
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Apple AirPort Express (Accessory)
Only using it as an Airplay adapter for my hifi, which it does without any fuss. Easy set up from phone or iPad. I now only have a very small selection of favourite songs on my phone and ipad for when I am out, but now listen to nearly all my music via Airplay from my iMac, which I can control from anywhere in the house using the Remote App. Serious listening still done on CD.

Dolry HiFi Stone - 30 pin AirPlay adapter receiver with Wi-Fi
Dolry HiFi Stone - 30 pin AirPlay adapter receiver with Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Rejuvenates old docks, 2 May 2014
It is nice to buy something that just does what it says it will, with easy setup and use. Dare I say very Apple like in the feel and packaging???

Minx Air 200 Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio (Black)
Offered by Cambridge Audio

2.0 out of 5 stars When it's working!, 2 May 2014
The first one was replaced because it looked second hand - it had glue on the speaker fabric and it was covered in dust and grit. When it is working the sound is good but it keeps dropping the Airplay connection and I have to go through the reconnection process again, even though the signal strength is excellent in the location I have it. I contacted CA on their website and their answer was to hard wire it, which is a ludicrous suggestion when the title of the product is AIR and WIRELESS. I have also just bought a Dolry HiFi Stone Airplay adapter to convert a Bose Speaker and it is located in the furthest room from my router and works seamlessly. I get the feeling that CA had a name for hifi components but are lacking in the more contemporary requirements, also shown in their lack of Airplay amps, especially with the amount of iproducts out there. It is not expensive or complicated technology as demonstrated by Dolry.
You will also never know if it is on or off as the lights on the switches are useless in anything other than a dark room.
I have kept this one as it is in a room that only has occasional use and the sound once working is OK, but if I was relying on it as a main sound source for my music , it would have gone out of the window by now.
PS if you want to use Airplay, don't touch their own Minx app, as it will totally conflict with your proprietary Airplay setup.

Scotts EvenGreen Drop Spreader
Scotts EvenGreen Drop Spreader

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the reviews, 29 April 2014
Why didn't I take my own advice. Just come to use it, 5 days out of the 12 month warranty, only to find it has corroded and is unusable, spring snapped as well. It was clean and dry when put away in a warm garage, where I keep my motorbikes and push bikes.

It is obviously made from inferior materials and designed to use once, which it didn't do very well either.

I am becoming increasingly annoyed at the crap we are sold at premium prices and here is a perfect example. Go ahead and buy this piece of junk and you will be in the same boat this time next year.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3