Profile for Mr. P. D. Hubbard > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. D. Hubbard

Mr. P. D. Hubbard "hubbhubbhubb"

The Book of the Bivvy (Cicerone Guide)
The Book of the Bivvy (Cicerone Guide)
by Ronald Turnbull

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the way you work it. yo diggety. BAG IT UP!!, 6 Jun 2006
I took his advice got my bivvy bag out and put it in my pack with very little else. I walked 100 miles in two and a half days.

The book is great because of the content and superb because of the style. I laughed out loud frequently. I will need to read it again to absorb the information I want from it. Moon cycles, repair tips, how the bag works, what not to take, haggis recipes. I will also have to recreate the trips he describes, but in my own style.

If you go walking then don't take this book for bedtime reading. Because, as Ron says, walking keeps you warm so just walk further.

Switchblade Romance [DVD]
Switchblade Romance [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cécile De France

4.0 out of 5 stars Tension, 4 Feb 2005
This review is from: Switchblade Romance [DVD] (DVD)
This film pays homage to the horror thriller genre in general, and to several films (aliens, texas chainsaw, duel, the shinning, etc) in particular. However, its origionality comes from a subtle phycological twist. .
The filming is low budget but no comprimises are made on full-on 1980's-esque gore. The pace is perfectly weighted to maintain a tingling tension. So, a sophisticated yet simple plot married with the supervision of that hero of directors Luc Besson, what can go wrong?